Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Taking a Copics class!!

I clicked on the banner at the top of the page here when I saw "Tuckerton, NJ"" since that is only about 30 miles away.

And.... I found out they were offering a Copics 101 class tomorrow and I got into it! YIPPEE!!!

I don't own Copics but I do have over 100 Prismacolor markers, so I am really looking forward to a class reviewing how to use alcohol markers. I have used mine and like them a lot, but expect that there is a LOT I don't know.

Very happy camper here!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #2  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yippee!!! Have FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Are you taking the class at One Little Spark? If yes, I'm sure you will have a GREAT time and learn a ton. Heather is a wonderful instructor!!

my blog: ::::::::::::::::www.amusenews.typepad.com::::::::::::::::
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

How fun! Have a fantastic time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda*LooView Post
Are you taking the class at One Little Spark? If yes, I'm sure you will have a GREAT time and learn a ton. Heather is a wonderful instructor!!
Yes- that's the class I'm taking! Glad to hear such s positive review!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Tchk - I'll be there too. I was in the store Friday to check out the samples for next Sat. classes and saw the cards we'll be making at the Copic 101 class. They are great. See you in a couple of hours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I just heard from a LSS that they are having the Copics 101 and 102 classes there in August...and have been so torn about signing up or not! I'd love to learn how to color, but do I dare open the door to another potential financial black hole?! yikes!
TAC demo #2239
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Took the Copic 101 class at One Little Spark last night. It was great. The teacher, Heather, was wonderful. Now we have to wait until October for the Copic 201 class:(. This coming weekend is Make It Merry and A Copic Christmas, which are more advanced classes. Can't wait.

Also got to meet another Split Coaster at the class - TCHK. It was great meeting you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, Luanne! It was so neat to meet other SCSers "in real life"

Yes, I agree, the class was wonderful and Heather is a terrific teacher!

Quick review: for anyone in the central Jersey area, the shop, One Little Spark, makes for a delightful trip, well worth the time. The shop itself is quite small but she has a significant inventory. The shop is decorated with many card/tag/etc samples and the samples are all gorgeous!! I got a LOT of ideas!
There are also some other intriguing shops in the little indoor mini-mall, including a scrapbook store right next door, so a trip back with plenty of time to shop is definitely on the agenda. I did a "bit" of shopping last night, but more shopping at One Little Spark is called for.

Heather provided us with lots of take home materials so we won't forget anything she said. She also made up little prestamped work-books that were really a great way to practice the different techniques she taught. We did a LOT of coloring in the 2 hours+ of the class and I came home with a really increased knowledge of how to use my alcohol markers.

There are make-it, take-its there all week and several big classes again next weekend- so if you're in New Jersey right now, I'd definitely recommend checking them out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
Hi, Luanne! It was so neat to meet other SCSers "in real life"

Yes, I agree, the class was wonderful and Heather is a terrific teacher!

Quick review: for anyone in the central Jersey area, the shop, One Little Spark, makes for a delightful trip, well worth the time. The shop itself is quite small but she has a significant inventory. The shop is decorated with many card/tag/etc samples and the samples are all gorgeous!! I got a LOT of ideas!
There are also some other intriguing shops in the little indoor mini-mall, including a scrapbook store right next door, so a trip back with plenty of time to shop is definitely on the agenda. I did a "bit" of shopping last night, but more shopping at One Little Spark is called for.

Heather provided us with lots of take home materials so we won't forget anything she said. She also made up little prestamped work-books that were really a great way to practice the different techniques she taught. We did a LOT of coloring in the 2 hours+ of the class and I came home with a really increased knowledge of how to use my alcohol markers.

There are make-it, take-its there all week and several big classes again next weekend- so if you're in New Jersey right now, I'd definitely recommend checking them out!
You are so lucky. The class I took a week ago in VA was terrible. Just a waste of money.
Reply With Quote Likes