Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Scraparatus Eyelet Setter/Diecutter?

I just ordered the Karen Foster Scraparatus Eyelet Setter/Diecutter on HSN.

It looks really neat, especially the little die cuts. Has anyone used this?

I also got an alpha die cut set for it. The letters are about 3/4th".

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered it, too. It just arrived today. I haven't had time to play with it, yet.
I am taking it to my girlfriend's tomorrow and hopefully we will play with it. I have the Click-it by Karen Foster and love it so I think I will love it, too. I didn't purchase the extra alphabet. I think I'll be able to find it in one of our local stores and use a coupon. Karen Foster is a Utah company and they have really great customer service. A tip got stuck inthe head of my Click-it. I called them and they send a replacement head and new tip, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 03:45 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scraparatus

My scraparatus arrived yesterday. I am perplexed as to whether to keep it or send it back. I have read on here where people really like the Crop-A-Dile. One step instead of the two or three with scraparatus. Any thoughts or views on this.
thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I love the Cropadile. But it does have reach issues. I have a silent setter type if I want to go in the middle. I haven't used it since the cropadile came tho! (Quite a while...) I saw the scrap one, but the die cuts are TINY. I didn't think I would ever use them!!

Do you like the dies?

Anne
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scraparatus

The dies are tiny, I dont think I will use them lol. But I guess it is all in what you get used to? Think I will try it for the time alotted, and if I dont like it, I will send it back lol, use my forty percent coupon from Michael's and go buy the crop-a-dile.
Marilynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I just used both, the Crop-o-Dile and the Scraparatus this morning. I love them!!! I was embellishing a compostiton notebook that I got frm Walmart. It is so cute I didn't need to cover it completely. It has stripes that are browns, orchids, purples and pinks. I added a monogram and then a layered Prima flowers with a rhinestone brad. This was not on the edge of the book. So I couldn't use the CoD. The Scraparatus worked wonderfully for punching the hole. I then added ribbon ties. Since this gift is for a little girl the needed to be secured with a snap and not a brad. I used the CoD for this and it worked fabulously!!

I knew that the die cuts would be very small. They were designed to just use as a tiny embellisment for a card or a page. So I am not disappointed in them and plan to purchase an alphabet in the future!

I think that both tools are going to serve me well. They are both well designed tools for slightly different but same uses. I am glad I purchased both wonderful paper crafting tools! It also seems that both comapanies have great customer service and stand by their products. I think this is a WIN WIN situation for all paper crafters like us here at SCS!!
Reply With Quote Likes