Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Scraparatus Eyelet Setter/Diecutter? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/scraparatus-eyelet-setter-diecutter-276444/)

buggainok 08-09-2007 08:52 AM

Scraparatus Eyelet Setter/Diecutter?

I just ordered the Karen Foster Scraparatus Eyelet Setter/Diecutter on HSN.

It looks really neat, especially the little die cuts. Has anyone used this?

I also got an alpha die cut set for it. The letters are about 3/4th".

leney 08-14-2007 09:28 PM

I ordered it, too. It just arrived today. I haven't had time to play with it, yet.
I am taking it to my girlfriend's tomorrow and hopefully we will play with it. I have the Click-it by Karen Foster and love it so I think I will love it, too. I didn't purchase the extra alphabet. I think I'll be able to find it in one of our local stores and use a coupon. Karen Foster is a Utah company and they have really great customer service. A tip got stuck inthe head of my Click-it. I called them and they send a replacement head and new tip, too!

Starry7678 08-15-2007 03:45 AM

Scraparatus

My scraparatus arrived yesterday. I am perplexed as to whether to keep it or send it back. I have read on here where people really like the Crop-A-Dile. One step instead of the two or three with scraparatus. Any thoughts or views on this.
thanks

thechecker 08-15-2007 06:05 AM

I love the Cropadile. But it does have reach issues. I have a silent setter type if I want to go in the middle. I haven't used it since the cropadile came tho! (Quite a while...) :) I saw the scrap one, but the die cuts are TINY. I didn't think I would ever use them!!

Do you like the dies?

Anne

Starry7678 08-15-2007 06:08 AM

Scraparatus

The dies are tiny, I dont think I will use them lol. But I guess it is all in what you get used to? Think I will try it for the time alotted, and if I dont like it, I will send it back lol, use my forty percent coupon from Michael's and go buy the crop-a-dile.
Marilynn

leney 08-15-2007 09:25 AM

I just used both, the Crop-o-Dile and the Scraparatus this morning. I love them!!! I was embellishing a compostiton notebook that I got frm Walmart. It is so cute I didn't need to cover it completely. It has stripes that are browns, orchids, purples and pinks. I added a monogram and then a layered Prima flowers with a rhinestone brad. This was not on the edge of the book. So I couldn't use the CoD. The Scraparatus worked wonderfully for punching the hole. I then added ribbon ties. Since this gift is for a little girl the needed to be secured with a snap and not a brad. I used the CoD for this and it worked fabulously!!

I knew that the die cuts would be very small. They were designed to just use as a tiny embellisment for a card or a page. So I am not disappointed in them and plan to purchase an alphabet in the future!

I think that both tools are going to serve me well. They are both well designed tools for slightly different but same uses. I am glad I purchased both wonderful paper crafting tools! It also seems that both comapanies have great customer service and stand by their products. I think this is a WIN WIN situation for all paper crafters like us here at SCS!!