Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
Is that really necessary? Amber is one of the sweetest ladies here. She's one of the first people to offer help, support, whatever to others. She sent one lady who had a new baby a TON of stuff to SELL at a craft show when the lady couldn't find the time to craft for herself. She expected nothing in return.

If she snags a good deal and sells them on ebay, so what? Have you ever sold on ebay? I have and it's a lot of work for not a lot of profit.

If she didn't swipe them out of your cart or grab it out of your hand, I don't see the issue. :confused:
I don't think buying some to sell on ebay is wrong. I get it. That's why I didn't say anything when she posted she bought out the Michaels on her lunch break. When she posted she went to another Michaels and bought 9 more alphabets I expressed my amazement. I am not saying she is a horrible, terrible person. I just think it is a bit greedy to buy out an entire Michaels and then go to another Michaels and significantly deplete their stock. There are other people out there who wanted at least 1 set and was unable to get one. I do NOT think she should taken out to town square and beaten. I just think that people should consider how their actions affect others.

Last edited by jennacreates; 07-13-2009 at 06:26 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All our Michael's had was the Boxed Brush. I was hoping for the Garden Delight, but that's ok! I was excited to just get 1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if Joann is also clearing out the Sizzix alphabet dies for a good price? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Does anyone know if Joann is also clearing out the Sizzix alphabet dies for a good price? Thanks in advance!
I didn't see them on clearance at all at my Joanns although Joanns sells them cheaper than Michaels (regular price).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 05:20 AM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

I was just at Jonanns and they were not on clearance and actually were selling some of the exact same titles for $150. 2 summers ago, J's marked most of theirs out for just under $20.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you ladies...I am sorry I rubbed a few the wrong way....I try to bless others with my goodies and do send many thousands of cards to the troops. This is how I am able to fund those things because I am a normal 40 hour a week worker. I would not be able to do for others if I did not raise some money to do so. I apologize to anyone who had hurt feelings by me...I truly did not think I was hurting anyone. :(
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

When i was first reading I thought "oh my. How rude to sell it oall on ebay" Then i thought about it without even knowing the rest of your story and decided that we all have the same chance to but anything when we see it, even at the higher price. So if we snooze, the early bird gets the worm and we can't be mad. For those who sell on ebay- good for you if you want to put in the work. Again no one is making people shop from ebay so you are providing a service for some. Amber,in your case, it sounds like you are really spreading the wealth around and for that I congratulate you. You sound like a very special person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #48  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I am not sure how many I got all together...but as I stated up above, I did share some with my sisters, kept a few and put the balance on Ebay. So I did not buy them JUST for Ebay. The money I make reselling some things helps me with postage and supplies to send cards to the troops. I am closing in on 35,000 sent. NOT a cheap project.
blessings.
I live in Henderson....would you mind telling me which stores you hit??? I want to go to the Stephanie store on Friday and see if they have any!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Thank you ladies...I am sorry I rubbed a few the wrong way....I try to bless others with my goodies and do send many thousands of cards to the troops. This is how I am able to fund those things because I am a normal 40 hour a week worker. I would not be able to do for others if I did not raise some money to do so. I apologize to anyone who had hurt feelings by me...I truly did not think I was hurting anyone. :(
blessings.
You are not hurting anyone, and I think that this is a worthy cause...I think I did ask and only because I was just curious. Thanks for sharing details about the work you are involved in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to the store on Lake Meade and the store on south Rainbow near the 215. I did not buy all the ones at the Rainbow/215 store they still had several left when I was done. I did NOT go to the store on Charleston or the one up on Craig....I hope you can find some too...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes