Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about the Fiskar's Guillotine trimmer, please!

I saw it here:
http://store.scrapbook.com/f-9729.html

I have the X-Acto laser trimmer, which I LOVE. BUT, since we can't have my crops at church anymore, the new locations doesn't allow enough space for me to bring it. The Fiskar's looks like it might be a good portable guillotine. Has anybody seen it in person? Know anybody who has one?
Thanks for any info you can share!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Default fiskars cutter

I bought it reluctantly at Sam's about four years ago. I bought it because I was with a friend and she bought one. They were $24.95! I thought that it seemed so big and WHERE on Earth was I going to put it? Well, the short answer is, I never put it away! It's my only paper cutter and I don't know what I would do without it! Mine is black, but other than that, it is the same.

Jutta
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I bought one and took it back, I didn't care for it at all. I prefer the Tonic 12" guillotine trimmer instead.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...DID=xprd954797

I waited until I had a great coupon and shipping special to order it from JoAnn's. I love that the measurements go down to 1/6" of an inch and it fits 12 x 12 paper easily into it, even with the info strip across the bottom.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I have one and I absolutely love it. Got it at Tuesday Morning one time. Right now it's not always out on my table because my new work space is only half way done - hoping to get it completed next week. Otherwise I have it out ALL the time. Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I had one.. it didn't cut straight at the end of the cut.. called Fiskars, and they replaced it.. didn't bother with it and gave them both away. I bought mine at a big lots for $25. and felt it was a waste of money in the end.

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

I have one and have liked it until recently. BUT - after using it for a few months, I'm starting to have some problems with it. For one - the measurement guide is actually a very thin clear sticker - and it's starting to curl up on one end and come off. The other problem I'm having is that part of the blade is no longer cutting very well. If I go really slow I'm generally ok, but if I try to do a quick chopping motion, my paper gets all mangled and destroyed. If I'm in a hurry and don't think about it, I ruin paper - and I've ruined some very nice pieces that I'm still mad about. I've tried cutting foil, etc. to try and sharped it up. Nothing helps that I've tried. I've decided to look for a replacement. This one has always felt like a toy paper cutter - it's time for a real tool that will stand the test of time and not need replacing every 3-4 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, what a pain! Thanks for the input. I could have done a 'buy it now' on ebay for $21, but decided against it. I can't believe that website is selling it for $79!! I thought that made it sound like a higher quality than it actually is.
Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteinwaysView Post
I have one and have liked it until recently. BUT - after using it for a few months, I'm starting to have some problems with it. For one - the measurement guide is actually a very thin clear sticker - and it's starting to curl up on one end and come off. The other problem I'm having is that part of the blade is no longer cutting very well. If I go really slow I'm generally ok, but if I try to do a quick chopping motion, my paper gets all mangled and destroyed. If I'm in a hurry and don't think about it, I ruin paper - and I've ruined some very nice pieces that I'm still mad about. I've tried cutting foil, etc. to try and sharped it up. Nothing helps that I've tried. I've decided to look for a replacement. This one has always felt like a toy paper cutter - it's time for a real tool that will stand the test of time and not need replacing every 3-4 months.
Reply With Quote Likes