Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magazine

What stamping/rubber stamp type magazine do you subscribe to?

I have found several and wondering what people's opinon were on them.

Please check out my gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 04:17 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to subscribe to Papercrafts, CardMaker, Rubberstampmadness and The Rubberstamper. I let all but The Rubberstamper lapse. That being said, I did pick up the Papercrafts magazine back in March that had a lot of Mother's Day card examples that I thought were pretty neat. I have subscribed The Rubberstamper for many years and it just seems like an old friend to me. I also just subscribed to the Technique Junkies newsletter. I've heard a lot of good things about it from fellow stampers on an email group I belong to. I haven't received the back issues yet but they are in the mail! (I decided to order all of the back issues from 2002 to present.)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 05:24 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I have been a subscriber of The Rubber Stamper since it's second issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 06:35 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I have a subscription to Paper Crafts....tho I am highly annoyed. I called to transfer my address and they said that I wouldn't recieve another issue untill August and that my subscription is up in November! I didn't start recieving them untill January!
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

JulieHRR took the time to type this great reply one day, I am sure she won't mind me posting it here for you:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR

What are you looking for? A project based paper crafting magazine? One that emphasizes stamping?

Everybody has their favorite(s), but it depends on what their needs are in a mag.

Paper Crafts is certainly the most popular. It focuses mostly on using scrapbook materials for card-making, with some stamping tossed in here and there (stamping is not the focus, in other words)

Stamp It!, produced by the same parent magazine (Creating Keepsakes) focuses on stamping, but is only produced quarterly and on the racks; no subscription available.

Stampington produces:

Somerset Studios, paper crafting elevated to much more of a fine art level--beautiful stuff, but most of it I don't have time or equipment for

Stamper's Sampler, art stamping focused, geared towards mainstream stampers

Take Ten, art stamping focused, geared towards mainstream stampers, and especially popular for featuring cards that take 10 min. (supposedly) max to produce

Legacy, like Somerset Studios, but scrapbooking focused

Then, there's:

CardMaker (DRG Publications), focused on cards; combines a variety of paper paper crafting techniques including quilling, stamping, tea-bag folding, using scrapbook materials

PaperWorks (DRG Publications), focused on paper crafting in general, featuring same as techniques as in CardMaker.

Paper Made Easy, similar to Paper Works, but even less stamping emphasized

Scrap & Stamp Arts, similar to Rubber Stamper Magazine (below), but has a pretty strong emphasis on art stamping

Rubber Stamper, focuses entirely on stamping techniques, projects. Heavy on ads, which I often find more intriguing than the content of the mag itself, chuckle!

Simply Sentiments, card making using scrapbook materials

Paper Trends (Scrapbook Trends), paper crafting with emphasis on using scrapbooking supplies. Spendy. Great photography.

Cards (Scrapbook Trends), card making with emphasis on using scrapbooking supplies. Spendy, more like a book than a magazine. Great photography.

Rubberstampmadness, focuses entirely on stamping, featuring avant garde art style, scenic stamping--not mainstream. I love the humor in this mag!

Vamp Stamp News, started out more like a newsletter, and grew into a magazine, probably has a flavor like Technique Junkies, but I've never bought it . . .
Reply With Quote Likes