Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pursue Your Art Purse?

This is for all of those who have a Pursue Your Art purse.

I currently have a ZBeckyBrown purse, but I can't stand to carry it - it weighs a ton w/o anything in it, and at least 2 tons once I put my essentials in it. But I still want a bag that I can "advertise" with, KWIM? So....

If you have a Pursue Your Art purse, can you tell me how much and what makes you love it or hate it. Can you carry it on your arm and not have it cut your circulation off? Is it durable? Any tips/advice/warnings, etc. you can give would be greatly appreciated.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... I've never seen this before so I did a search:
http://www.pursueyourart.com/

Looks like a neat idea and the price isn't bad. $29.95. I didn't see how the bag closes on the top. It's weird how the purse looks really small but the dimensions say it is 13 x 8 x 3. I'd like to see other pictures than just the front or back views.. (like a good "side" view).

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine... look in my gallery for a picture. It fits GREAt on my arm, and is comfy!

Erin and Mary are THE BEST; they are super sweet and ship QUICK.

The purse is Light and easy to use/wear... unlike the ZBecky which always made me feel like I was carrying a lunchbox. I switch it up each season too... When you order; be sure to get yourself an extra insert. If you use the purse everyday the inserts will need to be replaced at about the 6 month mark... they are sturdy; and are what gives the purse it's "form"... but they are made of chipboard; so if you sit on your purse or bang it around a lot you may need to eventually replace it. I have re-decorated the inserts (recovered them) more than once... this of course depends on HOW you choose to decorate your bag... I use a repositionable Xyron adhesive to cover mine with paper and it worked great! Just like changing wallpaper I was able to remove the paper and switch it easily!

Buy one! You won't be disapointed!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you for your response ladies. I received a PM from Erin Mueller, one of the two creators of the Pursue Your Art purse. Here is what she had to say (She even addresses the smallish looking photos like you mentioned, Kimberly).

"The purse can be worn over your shoulder and is very comfortable and durable. We realize we need to get some better photos of the actual size or where it falls on the body...we do have one on our Idea Gallery. http://www.pursueyourart.com/galleryimage.asp?ID=64 "

I think based on what I've seen, and the fact that Erin took the time to PM me personally, I think I'm going to give it a try. That is just good customer service right there, and I'm not even a customer yet! I'll be sure to post how I like it after I've had it a while. Thanks again ladies!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Default JanTink.. go to her blog and lookie!

JanTink does some really cool stuff with her purse... here is a link to her pursue your art purse on her blog:

http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.c...urs/index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

These purses look awesome! I just ordered one and I can't wait to receive it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Ya know, I have a Z Becky and feel the same way - I love the concept, but it is a bit bulky. I only use it now-and-then. I've often looked at the Pursue Your Art bags, and have heard nothing but great things about them. There is just one thing holding me back - I would like to see a bag with *no* inserts. I know this may sound odd, but I just don't like the look of having the background and then all the different patches of cards/photos. I would like to be able to have one big piece that I could create sort of a scrapbook page or just use some pretty 12x12 paper on the whole purse. I know I can just buy a purse and not use the inserts, but then you see the outline of the pocket ... does that make sense? Anyway, I will keep an eye out and if they ever make one like that, I think I will finally buy one! (maybe Erin Mueller will see this and grant my wish)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Talking Great Deal on the Pursue your Art Purse

I love Jan Tink's blog and love what she did with the Pursue Your Art Purse.

It made me want to get one. I think it will be a great advertising tool that can get you talking to potential customers when they admire your purse.

Well I had to get one and thought my uplines, sidelines, and downlines could benefit from this great advertising tool, so I had to share with them and all of you splitcoast stampers too!

Great offer: They are discounting the purse 35% when you buy 10 purses!

You can either get some friends to buy a purse with you or have a class and make a great profit!

The purses come with both the light and black inserts so you can showcase your artwork with the background that suits it the best and there are 2 styles of purses, one to showcase your cards and one to showcase ATC's. The size is perfect to hold your stuff and you can even fit in mini catty's without denting them!

The company is very customer oriented, super friendly and speedy with deliveries! They even took my order on a Sunday and I received my purses in 4 days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

I keep thinking about this darn purse. If I do decide to get one, which style? I don't really make anything in the ATC size... but do I want to get the two pocket size? I think it would be cool to have one A2 size pocket on the flap and then five ATC pockets on the back. A little bit of both in one purse. ;)

I'd like to see a picture of the inside of the purse with normal purse "stuff" inside. LOL

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

And... it would be cool to be able to order different lengths of the ball chain and the plastic covering. I wonder if the plastic over the chain is basically the same as the fish aquarium air pump hose? And the ball chain can be bo ught by lenth at any hardware store.... Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... I am envisioning a nice long strap that can be worn across my body.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I love my pya purse, and when I had a problem with the ball chain getting the inside of the tubing all yucky, they sent me a new one right away, so i can send them the old one. They have EXCELLENT customer service and want to keep people happy since they are a small company just getting bigger and hopefully bigger!! They came out w/a great new one, instead of all the little ATC size pockets on front flap and on back of purse, there is a size that holds a quarter sheet cardfront instead on both front flap and back body of purse. I think it would be great if they could combo it! cardfront on back and ATC pockets on flap or vice versa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Ooooh.. I hate typos. My darn laptop is so sensitive when I rest my hands on it that the cursor jumps around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
And the ball chain can be bo ught by lenth at any hardware store....
Kimberly

PS. I did email them to suggest a combo pocket purse. ;) (And I asked if their ball chain is a standard size, etc., and mentioned that I would like a longer strap.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampylisa
I love my pya purse,
Pssssst.... I don't see a picture in your gallery...... ;)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Received a reply:

Hi Kimberly,
Funny, you should ask this question and I'm glad you did. We just ordered ball chain (not pre cut to size ) this week to start offering a longer handle to be sold seperately as an accessory. We were thinking of offering a length of 37 inches. Do you know how long you would want the handle to be? Just let me know and I'm sure we can work it out. You would not want to get aquarium or plumbers tubing because it has writing on it and it's not stiff enough. Believe me, we experimented. Just let me know how long of a handle you were thinking about. I'll quote you on a price. I'm sure it would be about $5.00 for us to subsitute it for the shorter handle.

About the purse style you mentioned; no, we really have not thought about a purse of that style. We will keep that in mind! Thanks.

Sincerely,
Mary Welch
PURSuE Your Art! Changeable art purse.
www.pursueyourart.com
262 432-2319
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm the poster child for PYA!!! :mrgreen:

They interviewed me for their blog...if you're interested:

http://wwwpursueyourart.blogspot.com...s-time-to.html

I love mine and it is a great conversation starter. I'm on my third incarnation of the bag.

The only problem I've had is that the ends on the ball chain sometimes come off and then the whole handle comes off and the ball chain makes a mad dash to escape from the tubing. This never happens while you are carrying it, only when you've set it down. It's easy to fix though.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Methinks I have a PSA purse in my future......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I finally bought mine...got it all dressed up and even started carrying it. I got comments the first day I took it out of the house. I think it will be a great business conversation starter! I'll try to upload pics to my gallery sometime this week.

I got the ATC version so I could show off more stamps/techniques/messages, etc. The inside is like a normal purse - not too big, but big enough your keys always fall to the bottom, KWIM? I can fit my checkbook, small wallet, cell phone, keys, compact and a few other essentials. It's the perfect size for me. I actually like the length of the handle - it is very comfortable wearing it up on your shoulder, kinda pushed behind you. Perfect for showing it off IMO.

I have to say I am completely impressed with this company's personal customer service. The day I placed my order, Erin Mueller called me and left a message on my vm to thank me and asked if I was a SU rep (she thought so based on my e-mail address). She recommended that if I hadn't already, to check out the interview with Jan. She asked me to contact them to let me know how I found them and what I thought of the purse. She also asked me to send pics for their customer gallery. Then, on top of that, she e-mailed me too to make sure I got the message. I just do not know any company that has this much personal service. Love it!

So, my final review is 2 enthusiastic thumbs up! Go buy one now! www.pursueyourart.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by nessastamps
I finally bought mine...got it all dressed up and even started carrying it. I got comments the first day I took it out of the house. I think it will be a great business conversation starter! I'll try to upload pics to my gallery sometime this week.
What?!! You are really going to make me wait for photos?!!

I ordered the two-pocket purse with a little longer handle. (Thirty eight inches, I think.) I can hardly wait for it to arrive! I still have a few of those clear vinyl checkbook covers so I'm going to make a matching one. So... I've bought the paper, the ribbon and the repositionable adhesive. Now all I need is the purse!! The order was just processed today so I have a few days to wait for it. I just hope it doesn't come on Saturday. I hate it when my packages show up on the weekend... much harder to "conceal." LOL I don't really hide stuff from my DH but it works better if he doesn't see all the boxes coming into the house!

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
Pssssst.... I don't see a picture in your gallery...... ;)

Kimberly
LOL Kimberly, I have no gallery!! someday!! Plus I need to rework the new purse and I'm waiting for my new Palette o Papers to decide what to use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

i love my pya purse. i have a zbb that i haven't used in a year! i got my pya spring of 2006 and have used it ever since! i have changed it w/ each season (gotta love that 4 seasons double-sided paper from su). since i have used it nearly every day for over a year, it is starting to wear out a bit on the corners and i'll probably have to get a new one soon, but it is only $30! i used to spend a lot more than that every year to stay current ;)

as for the style, i have the atc style. i'm thinking about changing to the other one, but haven't decided yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Well.... I saw, I bought, I decorated. Decorating was fun. I even borrowed Jan's idea of using repositionable adhesive so that you can remove the paper from the blanks when you are ready to change the design.

But.... it isn't big enough for me! :( It's a good size, but I need to have a purse that can bulge a little. LOL

If anyone is interested, I listed it in the Buy/Sell forum.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Absolutely nothing against the Pursue Your Art Purse, but as an inexpensive alternative, and to carry your scrapping/stamping supplies, how about one of those totes that has the photo pockets on the front? Michael's had some for $4.95. I wouldn't use it as a purse, but it's another opportunity to show off your stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes