Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull-EZ Purse/ribbon storage

I received a Pull-EZ purse from a dear friend, ok, over a year ago, and haven't used it yet. Right now I have spools of "non-SU" ribbon on pants hangers in my scrapbook room closet. I'm also planning on doing more scrapbooking away from my room (crops/weekend get-aways) so this could be handy.

Has anyone used this product? What are your recommendations? What I've read so far is that it works best with 2 yards or less ribbon. I checked some spools and they are 3-15 yards. Should I cut the ribbon to more managable sizes? (YIKES! Hate to do that!) And, of course, my SU ribbon is 15 yards, too.

Help me out, please!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I've never used the Pull-EZ purse but I store small quantities of ribbon (or floss) on ribbon cards by Cropper Hopper. They store flat and keep the ribbon from getting tangled. Maybe consider putting small quantities on the card, put the card in the purse and pull it from there? The ribbon cards would flip if there's enough room inside.

Another thought - a spool? Like the kind used to hold thread? I bet you could buy empty spools somewhere. Might try a google search.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

I liked the look of these, so decided to make one myself. It turned out really well, and looks very similar to the real thing, so I use it for all my ribbon that I get that doesn't come on a spool. But as it turns out, every couple of months I have to stick all the ribbon back through the holes because as I use it, I tend to end up rummaging inside the bag for the bit I want and eventually they all pop back through inside the bag!!! It looks good, though, I'll stick a pic on my blog...

http://madeonthefarm.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by brysmumView Post
I liked the look of these, so decided to make one myself. It turned out really well, and looks very similar to the real thing, so I use it for all my ribbon that I get that doesn't come on a spool. But as it turns out, every couple of months I have to stick all the ribbon back through the holes because as I use it, I tend to end up rummaging inside the bag for the bit I want and eventually they all pop back through inside the bag!!! It looks good, though, I'll stick a pic on my blog...

http://madeonthefarm.blogspot.com/
I LOVE how you store your Nesties! Awesome idea!~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

I tried the "pant hanger" storage method for a while and it never worked for me. And I knew the Pull-Ez would not work for me. I just posted my ribbon storage on my blog this morning. You can see the post here. Now both of the ribbon boxes I use will fit in this case so you would be able to take it with you. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

I made a fake Pull-EZ: take a clear zippered bag that sheet sets come in, squeeze portion and punch with a hole punch to get two holes, repeat until you die of boredom, and poke the ribbons through. Someone else came up with that idea but I don't know whom to credit. My plan was to have all the blues come out one side, all the reds out another, etc. Anyway, after tucking in a dozen or so I just decided I didn't care for any storage that had a rummage of ribbons hanging out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
I made a fake Pull-EZ: take a clear zippered bag that sheet sets come in, squeeze portion and punch with a hole punch to get two holes, repeat until you die of boredom, and poke the ribbons through. Someone else came up with that idea but I don't know whom to credit. My plan was to have all the blues come out one side, all the reds out another, etc. Anyway, after tucking in a dozen or so I just decided I didn't care for any storage that had a rummage of ribbons hanging out.
ROTFL!

You gave me a good chuckle today--thank you!

I actually have a Pull-Eze, and I like it--but, I stacked full spools inside, and then threaded the ribbon out the holes. It works great for the most part, but, every once in a while the spools do require a little de-tangling, to keep things pulling smoothly.
Reply With Quote Likes