Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Yes, I ran the tape through the BS but I used a lot smaller pieces because all I'm doing is holding the die in place like when I'm cutting a frame and using 2 or 3 dies or when I want the die over a specific place on the DSP. I have a new machine so it's really tight.

I don't understand the distress ink. I don't ink my edges until after I cut. Can you explain a little more? But the ink shouldn't make a difference IMHO. If anything, I would think the tape would stick as well over the ink.

Is the tape pulling off the top of all kinds of paper? What kind of paper are you using?
Good questions. On one piece I had assembled the panel to the bottom already, then taped my die to the bottom card stock. The tape did touch the other layer that had inked edges. The inked edges might have dampened the paper/edges and that caused it to lift the top paper off (?).

But it does lift the top off the paper for 2 other images I ran through the machine. If I pull it very slowly, and at an extreme angle, then I can get it off without too much damage.

Maybe that is the issue. I'm using larger strips of tape, and I do tape the dies down to the paper as well as the dies to each other. This tape reminds me of some of my washi tape. It works great on my arm, but it will grab hold it I run it through the BS. I'm using card stock from 110lb to 65lb. No Mulberry paper or anything that would naturally split in layers.

I'm experimenting with it some more. By running it on my clothes, my arm, and then running it through the BS. I might try misting it with water to see if that doesn't cut down some of the tackiness.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2015, 05:34 AM   #42  
Forum Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post
Good questions. On one piece I had assembled the panel to the bottom already, then taped my die to the bottom card stock. The tape did touch the other layer that had inked edges. The inked edges might have dampened the paper/edges and that caused it to lift the top paper off (?).

But it does lift the top off the paper for 2 other images I ran through the machine. If I pull it very slowly, and at an extreme angle, then I can get it off without too much damage.

Maybe that is the issue. I'm using larger strips of tape, and I do tape the dies down to the paper as well as the dies to each other. This tape reminds me of some of my washi tape. It works great on my arm, but it will grab hold it I run it through the BS. I'm using card stock from 110lb to 65lb. No Mulberry paper or anything that would naturally split in layers.

I'm experimenting with it some more. By running it on my clothes, my arm, and then running it through the BS. I might try misting it with water to see if that doesn't cut down some of the tackiness.
Ah...it makes sense that the paper would pull off if it's still damp. I didn't experiment with large pieces of tape so perhaps using smaller pieces of tape will help since you just want to tack it down.Well, I'm out of suggestions. I hope you find a solution and sorry that it's not working for you. :(

Just saw that you are in the bay area - so Hi there sorta neighbor : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #43  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Ah...it makes sense that the paper would pull off if it's still damp. I didn't experiment with large pieces of tape so perhaps using smaller pieces of tape will help since you just want to tack it down.Well, I'm out of suggestions. I hope you find a solution and sorry that it's not working for you. :(

Just saw that you are in the bay area - so Hi there sorta neighbor : )
Hello neighbor. How is the prison? Tight I hope

I played some more with the tape. I cut the strips down to just a sliver, put them on my shirt a couple of times, use it sparingly, peel off slowly at an angle - and it works. It isn't tearing any more - I use just a little bit of it. It certainly lasts longer than masking tape. It stays sticky much longer. It holds the dies in place and just a sliver of it will hold the die on the paper.

So I'm happy. The 8 rolls in the box will cover all my taping needs for this life time. Maybe I should include them in my will...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs NoofyView Post
I have never seen the post-it tape. But I will certainly give it a good look. I guess it's not too available where I live here in Canada. My favourite to use instead is the Scotch repositional tape. I use buckets of that stuff! LOL
I use the Scotch repositional tape, too. It does not tear card stock and holds well enough to use several times. I always have some stuck to the top of my Cuttlebug. You can make painter's tape/masking work by sticking/unsticking it to your clothes to let it pick up bits of lint and become less sticky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2016, 11:55 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
Put a length of your tape on cardstock and cut in strips with your trimmer. Peel off and use like other widths off the roll.
I love this idea!!!
Reply With Quote Likes