Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pink ATG - Anyone have this problem?

I got my wonderful pink ATG last week and have been using the heck out of it, but the front wheel (inside the ATG - the one the unused tape is wound on) wobbles a bit and the tape scootches off the edge of the rubber applicator wheels. Is that normal? I have to keep pressing the trigger and scooting the tape back over. It hasn't come off the rubber wheel, but still...

Other than that, I LOVE this thing! The tape sticks like crazy and once it's down, it's STUCK. And I don't feel guilty about using plenty on my cards and pages.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Check to see if you have the roll of unused tape inside pressed down really firm. Sometimes it looks like it is down all the way, but it's not. You should feel a little "click" when it is seated properly on the spool. If it's not down all the way that could cause it to wobble.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got the pink ATG from Micheal's and I have been having this same issue. The tape is totally on the edge of the wheel and it has been keeping me from using it. I am starting to think it was a waste of money! As soon as I get home I plan to do what buggainok said and make sure I have it together correctly. Otherwise I might just have to return the darn thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #4  
Glitter Queen

I have a yellow ATG, and this happens to me occasionally. It doesn't prevent me from using, it, but it can be a bit worrisome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I doublechecked to make sure the roll of unused tape was seated properly down on the wheel, and it was. Then I noticed that I probably have a couple things going on. Seems I have some of the "defective" tape that has gaps in the way it was wound on the roll. It may be contributing to the slippage. I just made a shim out of a narrow strip of card stock to hold the roll of unused tape down and put it under the little clip that holds the tape on the wheel. Seems to help some. At any rate, it's worth the hassle of using the ATG. I love it, even with its quirks. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Can anyone tell me if this pink ATG is smaller than the yellow one? Do they take different spools of tape?

TIA!!
Chris

http://cropmomscraftycards.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by cropmom66View Post
Can anyone tell me if this pink ATG is smaller than the yellow one? Do they take different spools of tape?

TIA!!
Chris
They are the same size (bulk wise). However, the pink one uses a 1/4 inch size tape, whereas the yellow uses the 1/2 inch tape size. Have them both, and love them... use them both since they each have their unique functions (for me) but I can still use one or the other depending on what I am doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Default ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by marjona2View Post
They are the same size (bulk wise). However, the pink one uses a 1/4 inch size tape, whereas the yellow uses the 1/2 inch tape size. Have them both, and love them... use them both since they each have their unique functions (for me) but I can still use one or the other depending on what I am doing.
So the amount of tape on the spool is the same for both? Then I may give the pink one a try, if my Mike's ever gets it back in stock!

Thanks!

http://cropmomscraftycards.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

I 'll try to load photo of the ATG-Scotch 714-red; blue-jvcc-uses 1/2 & 3/4 ; and my new "pink"
Attached Thumbnails
Pink ATG - Anyone have this problem?-atg.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I read somewhere on Splitcoast a long time ago that it's normal for the tape to sit at the edge of the wheel. The ATGs were originally designed for framing and the wheel (with tape) was designed to line up with the frame (I think).

I have the yellow ATG and mine behaves the same way. I just bought the pink one last week and have only used it a couple times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I have had that happen to me a couple of times over the years with my red one. The problem was with my tape both times. I find that storing my tape flat so that it doesn't warp (make sense), it prevents this. Also, the tape that came with some of the pink ATGs is faulty in that it wasn't wound tightly. That could be your problem too. And yes, the tape should be all the way at the edge of the roller-- but I know what you mean about when it starts to work it's way off the roller.

Don't give up though. Like I said, I have had my ATG for about 3-4 years now? And this has only happened to me a couple of times. Good luck, and I hope you get it figured out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

It's good to know that it's supposed to sit on the edge, and it makes total sense. It's never come all the way off - it just hangs over a bit and makes me think it "could". I suppose it doesn't really matter to me. I'll keep an eye on it, and adjust as needed because other than that, I really love this thing! After using a bunch of other types of adhesives (and having started as a scrapbooker using CM tape runner) this is sooooo much cheaper, and this tape stays STUCK! Totally worth it to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

I forgot to post that yes all the atg adhesive tape will be at tip on one side-that can be a challenge(like for me) if your are left-handed! Sometimes the screw gets loose so you might need to tighten-however this is small inconvenience-love all my atg!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

phew, I'm relieved I'm not the only one with this problem - I was starting to think I did something wrong when I loaded the tape or that I'm not using the ATG correctly.
Where do you buy your refills and what kind should I get next time so it's not defective?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

I get my refills from Save on Wholesale Picture Frame Supplies. Super fast service and great quality 3M tape.
Reply With Quote Likes