Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #41  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was so sick and tired of spending $5/wk on Tombow mono adhesive...that I switched to glue dots. I found them cheap at Walmart...but was still spending $5 or $7 every time I turned around (it seemed like it was weekly). When I first learned about the ATG...I just leaped. I actually bought it early..before other people knew about it...so I paid like $63 for it? I think I ordered about $40 of adhesive. It's now 18 months? later???? and I'm about 3/4 of the way through my original glue purchase. I am SO glad I'm not being nickel and dimed weekly.

Another reason I don't regret my purchase for one second is the adhesive HOLDS so well. All the things that I've made/saved...are still in original condition...the glue is still holding strong!!! What a refreshing change!

My teenager borrows it when putting together some of her school projects. This tool will get MANY years of great use.

This glue gun and my Tonic guilltine paper cutter are the two best purchases I've made. Just don't eat for a week, and go buy it!

kathy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
The link you have just took me to a page of links - I have found framingsupplies.com and they have a special scrapbookers page to guide me gently through at what looks to be a reasonable price too - has anyone dealt with them? they look legitimate. Any feedback gratefully received.
I think it's pretty much the consensus here that www.framingsupplies.com is the place to buy these. They have the cheapest price I have seen anywhere. Their shipping is reasonable. I agree about purchasing tons of refills at the same time. It's hardly any more to ship 20 refills as it is to ship 10. I'd purchase as many as you can afford at the same time to save on shipping.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 04:57 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love everything about the ATG but the size. It's monstrous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is there any truth to the rumour that the "huge" size might be addressed at CHA?... now I wonder if I should wait until after we get reports back from CHA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #45  
Inking Addict

YEAH!! I just ordered the atg 700 for 12.71 plus shipping... Now I only have to wait...! Thanks everybody for all your opinions. I have tried may adhesives, and found the one I like the best is CM, and that is too expensive as much as I go through! Thanks agian!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

I have to agree, that I love my ATG. I think that the cost of refills and how well it works is what sold me on it. I love it and I am so glad that I replaced my other tape runners. Its was hard to use at first but I am used to it now and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Another vote for the ATG. I LOVE mine! I bought it from www.findtape.com it and 12 rolls of tape cost me just over $60 the rools last soooo much longer than Tombow and I have found that you can just use the rolls without the gun.
Reply With Quote Likes