Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-19-2006, 05:57 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oriental trading eyelets/staples

I got an Oriental Trading book in the mail. Boy do they have some great prices! 150 jumbo eyelets for $2.95 (list price $8.99)

Does anyone know if these are good quality eyelets?

They also have this thing which fascinates me called fastenater
No really, it is a staple kit that can staple anywhere on a 12 x 12 paper and it staples these neat big staples that are about as wide as 10 regular staples side by side. I think they would make neat photo corners or hold ribbon.

What do you think?
http://orientaltrading.com/applicati...l&N=0&x=28&y=9

Also check this out. They are embossed paper flowers but in the catalog they look a lot like the primas flowers people are talking about. I thought that the cards using flowers that I have seen on here looked more like fabic than paper. ?????
http://orientaltrading.com/applicati...&N=0&x=13&y=10

Thanks for your input!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen
I got an Oriental Trading book in the mail. Boy do they have some great prices! 150 jumbo eyelets for $2.95 (list price $8.99)

Does anyone know if these are good quality eyelets?
I haven't purchased the eyelets, only the brads. They are of average/norm quality when I compared them to other brands I've purchased.

From the photos, I can't tell if the eyelets are aluminum or brass. If they are brass, they may be a buggah to set (brass is extremely hard, whereas aluminum is soft and sets easily). I don't know for sure if the eyelets they carry are bulk purchase from Making Memories, but I suspect they are. If that is the case, then MM eyelets are indeed made of brass, unless they have switched over to aluminum. I haven't bought any MM brand eyelets in years, but to the difficulty in setting them.

Quote:

They also have this thing which fascinates me called fastenater
No really, it is a staple kit that can staple anywhere on a 12 x 12 paper and it staples these neat big staples that are about as wide as 10 regular staples side by side. I think they would make neat photo corners or hold ribbon.

I've seen it--but what you really need to see is what some folks have done with it! ;)

I believe LunarLana and Iris have used it to great effect on some of their projects and do like this gizmo!

Check out their galleries by clicking on their names in the paragraph above. I think they have some uploaded that feature it?

Or, put in an advanced search while in the galleries using "fascenator" as a keyword. I'm sure it'll turn up some projects, too.

Quote:

What do you think?
http://orientaltrading.com/applicati...l&N=0&x=28&y=9

Also check this out. They are embossed paper flowers but in the catalog they look a lot like the primas flowers people are talking about. I thought that the cards using flowers that I have seen on here looked more like fabic than paper. ?????
http://orientaltrading.com/applicati...&N=0&x=13&y=10

Thanks for your input!
Some projects feature silk flowers, some use the paper (mulberry). Prima makes both fabric/silk and paper flowers. MM offers paper flowers, too, and probably even silk, as well.

This is a trend that many scrapbooking embellishment manufacturers are all jumping in on.

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I bet you are right and they are the brass ones.

I did a search in the gallery for the fastenators as you suggested
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

These are adorable and I will definitely be getting one!

The prices for their flowers are good so I'll have to find some prima and get these and compare. You just can't tell about things until you try them out right? ;)

If anyone is wanting stuff from Oriental Trading, they do free shipping for first time customers, overwise their shipping is pretty high.

www.orientaltrading.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen
I bet you are right and they are the brass ones.

I did a search in the gallery for the fastenators as you suggested
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

These are adorable and I will definitely be getting one!

The prices for their flowers are good so I'll have to find some prima and get these and compare. You just can't tell about things until you try them out right? ;)

If anyone is wanting stuff from Oriental Trading, they do free shipping for first time customers, overwise their shipping is pretty high.

www.orientaltrading.com

I am looking right now. How do I get the free shipping for 1st time customers? I have a BUNCH of stuff in my cart but I don't see anything about shipping, yet.
Thanks!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

I have some of the OTC flowers and they are similar to Primas. The ones I have are a little larger, but that could just be the style that I bought. The colors are vivid and are compatible with SU colors, although I can't think which specific ones right now! The OTC flowers I have came with a little "pod" in the center with a stem that sticks through to the back. They're hard to remove without tearing the flower, but I haven't tried cutting them-- that would probably work if you wanted to replace it with an eyelet or brad, but the pod itself looks pretty, too. Hope it helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the replies!
JPMAYO, I got the free shipping offer on the catalog that came in the mail. I bet if you called them and told them what you wanted, they would offer it to you also. Or you could request their catalog that has the special on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

They also offer free shipping on orders of $60 or more. If anyone needs a code I have a few. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes