Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativechbdcraftsView Post
I just wish more sentiments would begin with capitals & end with punctuation! Congratulations! not congratulations
Most of the sentiment dies I have begin with a capital letter, though I do have a goodly number that are all small letters.
As for the exclamation point at the end, I totally get why we don’t see that included. Punctuation symbols do not flow with a word - that is they are intended to be separate from a word. Therefore, an exclamation point, if it was included as part of a sentiment, would come out the die separately (not part of the sentiment). You would then have to rescue the symbol, including that pesky dot, and adhere it independently of the sentiment. What a nightmare!

I know I struggle with finding & placing the dots for the “i” in some sentiments I have. The thought of correctly aligning a sentiment with a detached exclamation point gives me the hives!

I know I have seen sets of punctuation dies, but the chance of finding one appropriately sized to your sentiment is pretty dicey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2018, 02:48 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

If I lose the dot for an 'i', for instance- and it happens often,- I substitute a tiny acrylic gem instead!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Most of the sentiment dies I have begin with a capital letter, though I do have a goodly number that are all small letters.
As for the exclamation point at the end, I totally get why we don�t see that included. Punctuation symbols do not flow with a word - that is they are intended to be separate from a word. Therefore, an exclamation point, if it was included as part of a sentiment, would come out the die separately (not part of the sentiment). You would then have to rescue the symbol, including that pesky dot, and adhere it independently of the sentiment. What a nightmare!

I know I struggle with finding & placing the dots for the �i� in some sentiments I have. The thought of correctly aligning a sentiment with a detached exclamation point gives me the hives!

I know I have seen sets of punctuation dies, but the chance of finding one appropriately sized to your sentiment is pretty dicey.

To line up the tittle (dot of an i) or place an exclamation point and dot, simply put the negative space back over the sentiment. Use it as a placement guide and all will go right where it is supposed to. Temporary adhesive works really well for this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #44  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by joniworxView Post
To line up the tittle (dot of an i) or place an exclamation point and dot, simply put the negative space back over the sentiment. Use it as a placement guide and all will go right where it is supposed to. Temporary adhesive works really well for this.

Thanks for the reminder to put the negative space back around the sentiment. That would definitely help with those swoopy skinny ones.
As for the pesky dot over the �I�, I don�t have problems placing it correctly, my problem is losing it when I pop it out of the die. Can�t tell you how many of those little buggers are stuck in my carpet, refusing to be found or vacuumed away or lost on the debris of my workspace.
Reply With Quote Likes