Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with new Cuttlebug

Hi All,

I'm new to the crafting machines and have a few questions I'm hoping all of you can answer for me....
First off does anyone else find the new cuttlebug disappointing? I had purchased the machine without thinking much about what it was lacking (the c adapter plate) and also purchased several spellbinder nestabilities dies since I was really gun-ho about using the machine to cut. When I discovered the c plate not included I realized that I was out of luck until the c plate, I had to order, would come. My hubby even tried to make me one but the 3/8" thickness that was listed as the diameter of the plate was too thick to get it work. I was not happy with this change with the new machine and I even called Provo Craft and they simply stated "our machine works with our dies just fine and the c plate was omitted because it is an accessory item and is not needed to use the machine". The customer service rep was not sympathetic to my frustrations whatsoever...I'm guessing they don't want you to use the nestabilities dies over their dies.

So, my question is what sandwich combos do I use to get the nestabilities dies to work or do I just have to wait until I get the c plate? Also, when it comes to using the embossing folders how do you position the cardstock to get just embossing on the front cover of the card if your card has the crease at the top of the card. I attempted to use a cuttlebug embossing folder on a heavy weight cardstock and I couldn't get it to emboss just the front of the card. I know it would work with a fold on the side of the card, but shouldn't it work for a top fold too? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also purchased the sizzix texture boutique, but then I realized you can't cut with it. I'm so frustrated with the cuttlebug I almost wish I hadn't bought it, but I have so many sets of the nestabilities dies that I need to make it work. So far it has not brought the fun I thought it would to my stamping. :?
Thanks for your help....Amy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #2  
neglecting the kids and housework

Well I just pulled out my container with all things CB and yep I use the C plate with the nesties. By the looks of it that's all I use it for.

As for the embossing an existing card I've never done that so let me play a little while I have a third cuppa ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #3  

OK so just with a piece of scrap I folded the card then unfolded so I knew where the line was and placed the EF up to the line and ran it thru the machine with A B EF B as the sandwich. Works fine. But the image will be upside down if it's directionsal I think.

And I also have no problem embossing SU paper. But I have heard that people sometimes need to shim their machine with a piece from a cereal box to really get the impression they want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #4  

I fiddled a little more and if you put the EF front (words printed) on what would be the inside of the card flap and emboss then fold the card back on itself your image will be right side up and embossed. Sorry I know I'm horrible at describing that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs.opheliaView Post
Hi All,

I'm new to the crafting machines and have a few questions I'm hoping all of you can answer for me....
First off does anyone else find the new cuttlebug disappointing? I had purchased the machine without thinking much about what it was lacking (the c adapter plate) and also purchased several spellbinder nestabilities dies since I was really gun-ho about using the machine to cut. When I discovered the c plate not included I realized that I was out of luck until the c plate, I had to order, would come.i

You mean to tell me that, That the NEW CUTTLEBUG Doesn't come with a "C" Plate?

That unheard of. You need the "C" Plate!! I have the older style Cuttlebug. and I love it. I use it all the time. I cut and emboss with it.

:eek:

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

You need the C plate for the Nesties. That and an embossng mat (or a rubber gasket, which is what I use, plus a couple of paper shims).

I love it and use it ALL.THE.TIME. and yes, I have the new CB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenWI409View Post
You need the C plate for the Nesties. That and an embossng mat (or a rubber gasket, which is what I use, plus a couple of paper shims).

I love it and use it ALL.THE.TIME. and yes, I have the new CB.

Did your New Cuttlebug come with the "C" plate???

The OP stated that her's didn't come with one. Which seems odd.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I recently bought a Cuttlebug and it did not come with a C plate. It did come with a large embossing folder though. I didn't realize it should have come with the C plate so I just ordered one. When I finally broke down and bought some Nestabilities I bought a couple embossing pads from Spellbinders too. I did as Gina K. suggested and just made a shim the exact size of the plates out of some chipboard from the back of a paper pack. It has come in quite handy too.

Somewhere around here is a nice PDF explaining various sandwiches for the Cuttlebug. I'll see if I can find it and be right back.

I know it's frustrating to not have everything you need to use a product. I wish companies would just include everything you need to get busy with a project from the get go.

Oney
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

OK I found the thread with the link to the comprehensive list of sandwiches. I hope this helps you enjoy your CB more.

Oney
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
Did your New Cuttlebug come with the "C" plate???

The OP stated that her's didn't come with one. Which seems odd.
No, it did not. It's my understanding that now you must purchase one seperately. I knew that when I researched machines, so I wasn't surprised. <shrug>
Reply With Quote Likes