Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #161  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long does it take for you to receive them after ordering?

They will not ship to Canada so I have been pretty disappointed. :???: Today I found out a friend of mine is going to visit her sister in Wisconsin next weekend and I am considering asking her if I could send them there and have her bring them home.

Julia

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, & Maya Road

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #162  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
Where did you find this turntable?
I found it at an Asian store in San Francisco that sells a bunch of kitchen supply items; however, I would think you can find it at any store that has kitchen supplies. I bet even chains like Target, Walmart, or Bed, Bath, and Beyond might have them.

Hope that helps!
Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #163  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckstamps
I found it at an Asian store in San Francisco that sells a bunch of kitchen supply items; however, I would think you can find it at any store that has kitchen supplies. I bet even chains like Target, Walmart, or Bed, Bath, and Beyond might have them.

Hope that helps!
Carol
Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 08:35 PM   #164  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia S
How long does it take for you to receive them after ordering?

They will not ship to Canada so I have been pretty disappointed. :???: Today I found out a friend of mine is going to visit her sister in Wisconsin next weekend and I am considering asking her if I could send them there and have her bring them home.

Julia
Julia - mine didn't come to me, so I can't say. I have seen some posts of people saying they ordered on Monday and received shipment on Friday. Maybe PM some of the people on this thread who posted that they ordered recently?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #165  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

They have been coming quickly but really it's hard to say...

By the way, I had a turntable at home already, and have had my caddy on it since last winter.

But yeah, Target, etc., has different ones. Mine was a granite one that I was no longer using.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 09:10 PM   #166  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcnm
I have the SU Color Caddy and I HATE IT!!! It is really flimsy!! And I called SU today to ask them if they are going to have additional inserts now that we have more than 48 colors. The guy on the phone said NO! I am SO mad because I wasted $60 on a flimsy plastic piece of junk and it doesn't hold all of my pads!! I would go with the wood...it's probably worth the $$....and so I learn the Hard Way.
I totally agree. Now I have 48 craft pads, 48 classic plus the 12 new pads in classic inks I need to purchase the 12 new colors in craft. That's over 120 pads if I include the stazon pads and the versamark. Don't forget the reinkers. If I were to use these caddies I would need 3 or more and they don't hold other pads well. They really need better designers on their side. Finally I decided to get one custom made at www.dekdevelopment.com It is costing me a bundle (I think its worth it) at least it organizes everything in one place. Markers, pads, reinkers and all the embossing materials in the drawers inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #167  
Matboard Maniac

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briana
I totally agree. Now I have 48 craft pads, 48 classic plus the 12 new pads in classic inks I need to purchase the 12 new colors in craft. That's over 120 pads if I include the stazon pads and the versamark. Don't forget the reinkers. If I were to use these caddies I would need 3 or more and they don't hold other pads well. They really need better designers on their side. Finally I decided to get one custom made at www.dekdevelopment.com It is costing me a bundle (I think its worth it) at least it organizes everything in one place. Markers, pads, reinkers and all the embossing materials in the drawers inside.
After seing the acrylic ones, I NOW WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER WITH DEKDEVLOPMENT. I'm afraid now it's not possible since I made the 100 dollar deposit I don't think that Dan would return my money. I so love the doors and the little drawers, what can I do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #168  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by eschader
I have one that a neighbor's father make for me. It's kinda heavy but I like that I has a lot of slots for pads and a ribbon holder at the bottom. Then I ordered some reifll holders from www.dekdevelopment.net for the very bottom.
I tried to post a pic but it was too large, I'll try later when I have more time.
Whar do you think about canceling an order? I paid him 100 deposit and now I want the acrylic ones, I wish I had researhed more before ordering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2005, 12:20 AM   #169  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, after reading this wonderful thread I ordered the 4 from Dzyntec and shipping to AZ was $16.57 (so about $4.00 ea). I have not seen anything like this locally and I can't wait to get them. Thanks to everyone for the great info and resources.

I am curious though, for you have already received them, How heavy are they fully loaded (like level of difficulty carrying). I wanted the portability of them but have neck problems carrying heavy things. Someone mentioned the box of 10 weighing 55 lbs for shipping.

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2005, 06:02 AM   #170  
Inking Addict

Default Stam N Store reply

Just wanted to express a Thank You to all those that gave such glowing reviews of the Stamp N Store. K - hugs to you too gal! How you been? One of my customers told me about the thread going on and I just had to log on and see what's up.

One note about the Stamp N Store -- it is not sold as a wall-mountable unit, but some customers have had a handy-man (hubby) drill the holes for it. Because I would question the weight of a full tower, I recommend mounting a shelf on the wall and place the tower on it.

But check out the site - www.stampnstore.com
I have ribbon and wheel holders too -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2005, 07:36 AM   #171  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Extra Dyzntec??

Is there anyone out there who wants to sell a couple of their Dyzntec storage units? They have them on sale for 4 for $40 but I need only 2.

Please pm me with price.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2005, 11:27 AM   #172  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Dyzntec acrylic units

I just priced these and ten come out to be almost the same that I would pay for my Wood unit from www.dekdevelopment.net I think that I will get my unit after all it will hold a lot more but will not be portable. The shipping to NJ is 54.00 bucks almost as much to get 4 more unit of the Dyzntec. I would probably need more than ten units after all since my ink pads are about 140 easily. I do love the way these look mounted on the wall. They are beautiful :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I may get some to put away so when my boyfriend builds my sb room. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #173  
Compulsive Stamper

Jami,

I have been reading everyone's replies. I just got 10 Dyzyntec holders. They are worth the price and shipping. You get a place for pads, reinkers, daubers/sponges and markers. It closes up with the doors and then you have a handle to pick it up. I had the SU turntable thing which I hated. These new things are small, hold a lot, etc., etc.

Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #174  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, I ordered the Dzyntec on Mon and received them on Thur, alot faster than I thought and I love them! One came with a broken door hinge and Tanya offerred to immediately send a replacement but it works great without the doors for my spectrum pads.

I just wish I had bought the 10 instead of 4 :( , I ran out of room quickly when I started gathering all my pads (plus the one's I'll be getting for signing up to be a new demonstrator.

I may have to order another 4 ;-)
Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 10:52 PM   #175  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Am I the only DORK who didn't realize that Dzyntec is "design-tec"???? After weeks of hearing me talk about it and pronounce it goofy, my DH saw it written out the other day and said "honey - I think it's design-tec" Talk about a huge "Duh-moment"!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 11:29 PM   #176  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
Am I the only DORK who didn't realize that Dzyntec is "design-tec"???? After weeks of hearing me talk about it and pronounce it goofy, my DH saw it written out the other day and said "honey - I think it's design-tec" Talk about a huge "Duh-moment"!!!!
Nope, I'm not a dork. But I didn't pronounce it that way either! Fortunately, nobody has heard me try to say it out loud. Looking at it now - it's quite obvious. (But then, I've never been good at 'obvious' :rolleyes: )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 02:53 AM   #177  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I didn't know either! now I feel stupid. Well....more so than before!

Julia

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 08:54 PM   #178  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

NO WAY!!!! My dh laughed at me too, but I am with you pronouncing it wrong!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 09:01 PM   #179  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm so glad it wasn't just me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 09:03 PM   #180  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Geez!

It never occurred to me it's "design-tec", but it makes so much sense! I thought it was "zin-tec" LOL!

Speaking of which, I just got my order of 4 and the turntable today. Thought $20 was a lot to spend on a turntable, but it works very well. Absolutely love these cases!!! Haven't even filled them up yet, but they still look so good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #181  
Rubber Obsessor

Fortunately, I only mispronounced it in my mind - not out loud. I'm so glad that someone figured out how to pronounce it correctly. I ordered 10 on Sunday night and they arrived on Friday. Boy, was that box heavy!! I had to drag it in the front door and then start taking out the boxes one by one. They are sooo cool. Now I need to clear my desk off so I can see how many will fit on my work surface. I had the Stampin Up ink caddy and didn't like it at all. I think I will love these storage units.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 08:24 AM   #182  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered four. So excited although I won't get them for a while. Because they don't ship to Canada, a friend in Iowa is going to receive them for me and bring them up next time she or her hubby comes up this way.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #183  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thank you all

I want to thank Jami for starting this thread and all of you for giving your input and sites for research. I called the lady at Dzyntec and also looked over the holder at their site. I bought it. The things I like most about it are :

You can keep it on the table and everything is eye level. You can attach it to the wall if you need table space, or you can get the turn table and double up. I love the fact the ink refills fit below and then below that you have another drawer for markers, etc.

I don't know if any of you have seen them, but I bought the mini black drawers being sold by Walmart and others. They have 3 drawers each. I have joined them in 2 stacks of 3 and have put my Twinkling H2O's, Radiant Pearls, tapes, clips, and do dads in them. I also have a similar set up but with larger drawers for glitter, etc.

Thanks again. I have been shopping for months for some. I had bought some cardboard ones for $9.00 each, but the new pads really don't fit right. I also have one of the towers and it is a little awkward for me. This will solve it all.

Thanks again,
Shirley
Shirley in NC - SCS #756

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 05:43 PM   #184  
Matboard Maniac

I am in the process of building my wife a stamp pad rack. It will hold 48 pads and ink. I sure hope it turns out nice!!!!(If not, I'll probably put it on Ebay)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 03:42 AM   #185  
Kookie Creator

Default Another ink pad holder

I picked up a repaired Quad from http://www.wistampsupplies.com/ at the stamp expo in RI last weekend and absolutely love it! Got it at a bargain because of a cracked and repaired side panel but now that I have it, realise it would have been well worth the full price. They have a regular size one that fits stazon, brilliance, etc pads and an adapter for the SU deep pads, or a SU Quad that is deeper and made to fit the Classic SU pads. (With a little imagination and some scrap acrylic I managed to adapt the deep one to also hold my other brand pads). The corner units are available as shelves for the re-inkers or a tool caddy - and the center space fits a roll of paper towel, or if you put in a Quaker Oats container (covered with white paper and stamped on of course) it makes a great tool holder.

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 06:58 AM   #186  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Stamp Pad Holders

Beckydory wrote:
Quote:

They have a regular size one that fits stazon, brilliance, etc pads and an adapter for the SU deep pads, or a SU Quad that is deeper and made to fit the Classic SU pads. (With a little imagination and some scrap acrylic I managed to adapt the deep one to also hold my other brand pads).
Becky,
Does each ink pad sit on its own shelf, or do they stack?

Thanks,
Shirley
Shirley in NC - SCS #756

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #187  
Compulsive Stamper

Wow, there's a lot of helpful information on this thread. To add more condsiderations to the agonizing decision-making process, I'll throw in my two cents! A year ago, I bought a huge wooden swivel storage unit that holds pads, reinkers, markers, and wheels. The unit itself is great--excellent quality, turns well, pads fit beautifully--absolutely no complaints. However, I now realize it has some drawbacks. First of all, it's simply not transportable at all. It's extremely heavy (alhtough I'm not very strong or anything--my brother didn't think it was heavy) and the ink pads will fall out if you try to move it. So, if you're considering this option, make sure you have one place to keep it. I'm a college student living in an apt. w/o a craft room, so I couldn't leave it in one place. So, I think I'm going to sell it on ebay and get the dzyntec ones. Hope that information is helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #188  
Matboard Maniac

The one I am building my wife will be a wall mount unit. She has canvas totes for portability

Last edited by bschneider5; 07-30-2005 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #189  
Matboard Maniac

So what do most people look for in a storage unit? Do you think it's portability? Or do you want to be abe to put ALL your stamp pads, and ALL of you ink refill bottles?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #190  
Inking Addict

Wow! I have taken in so much information!

I have a cassette holder I got at a garage sale right now. I just cut it down a few inches to fit under my cabinet. I am so torn between the dzyntek and the cassette holder from kingdom. Does anyone else have the kingdom one and has some feedback for me?

Will stamp for chocolate!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 03:28 AM   #191  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinStacey
Wow! I have taken in so much information!

I have a cassette holder I got at a garage sale right now. I just cut it down a few inches to fit under my cabinet. I am so torn between the dzyntek and the cassette holder from kingdom. Does anyone else have the kingdom one and has some feedback for me?
I purchased the Kingdom cassette holder a few months ago. For the price it is WONDERFUL however your SU stamp pads will stick out a bit. Other stamp pads like the versamark fit very nice, pads that size stick out about 1". They are thinking of making some changes to the holder to make it deeper. Read this on another thread.
I took out a few of the separators and placed my punches, embossing powder and a few other items in it. It works GREAT!!!!
I did not want to spend very much so the DzynteK ones were out of the question for me. With shipping it was going to be very expensive. They do look very very nice. If it was in the budget I probably would have gotten those instead, however I am just fine with my one from Kingdom. It works for all my needs. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #192  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briana
After seing the acrylic ones, I NOW WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER WITH DEKDEVLOPMENT. I'm afraid now it's not possible since I made the 100 dollar deposit I don't think that Dan would return my money. I so love the doors and the little drawers, what can I do?
Could someone please tell me where to find these acrylic storage caddy's from "DYZNTEC" or 'Design-tec"? I have been looking for them everywhere on the internet, but cannot find them. Seller on ebay are asking an arm and an leg for them, and I need 4+ of them, but do not want to pay what they are asking. PLEASE!!! Could someone please give me the website where these can be found? My email is [email protected].

Many thanks,

Tabatha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #193  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabathaguyton
Could someone please tell me where to find these acrylic storage caddy's from "DYZNTEC" or 'Design-tec"? I have been looking for them everywhere on the internet, but cannot find them. Seller on ebay are asking an arm and an leg for them, and I need 4+ of them, but do not want to pay what they are asking. PLEASE!!! Could someone please give me the website where these can be found? My email is [email protected].

Many thanks,

Tabatha
Tabatha.

www.dzyntec.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #194  
Insane Embellisher

I just ordered 3 of the 60 pad holders. They are $40 each and shipping is free right now. I don't have them yet but they look really nice and should be very easy to mount on the wall.
http://www.sixxle.com/product.php?id=175
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #195  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Those look really nice Bridget!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 06:09 AM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the gentleman building his wife inkpad shelves:

I think hold pads and reinkers and be portable too if possible. Anybody else have an opinion?

HTH,
Shirley
Shirley in NC - SCS #756

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #197  
Inking Addict

Default Ok You all made me do it.

I just ordered 10 for 90. Shipping was 45.98 but I couldn't resist. I don't really need 10 so if there is anyone out there near south central Wisconsin I 'd be willing to part with 4 or 5 of them. Otherwise I plan on giving some as a gift to a stamping friend. It was just too good a deal to pass up.

I LOVE HAVING A SECRET SISTER!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 02:50 AM   #198  
Matboard Maniac

Wink

I was wondering if anyone had a good storage solution for stamp wheel storage. I have seen a lot of pad/ink storage but havent seen any of the wheels?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #199  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bschneider5
I was wondering if anyone had a good storage solution for stamp wheel storage. I have seen a lot of pad/ink storage but havent seen any of the wheels?!
I have seen several you can buy just for wheels, but here is what I did and it works perfect for me. I couldn't believe how simple.

I have several of the tall plastic storge units with different size drawers. The upper drawers are just tall enough for wheels. I use "shish-ka-bob" wooden skewers to put them on horizontally in the drawer. The first drawer is for flowers, second for leaves and bugs, third for patterened wheels. So easy when I open the drawer to see exactly what I want or select what I think would work best.

When I see a unit small enough like this to put on my table I will grab it. Ha! Otherwise this works great for me. I call it "Wheel at a glance". Ha!
Shirley in NC - SCS #756

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 06:37 AM   #200  
Embossing Fanatic

Default wheel storage

I have tried pants hangers with 4-5 rows that swing out that I hang on a door knob, I have tried boxes, and spindles . . but I like storing them in the small unit drawers in the organizers too . . .perfect, just deep enough, and you can get a lot in there, even my ink in little trays. And I don't like a lot of little boxes just sitting around for me to dust. I have found it is much better to open a drawer and pick out the one I want than to take them off the spindles (usually the one on the bottom is the one I need!) The pants holder was okay, but if the one I wanted was the 6th one on the rod, then I had to take them all off and put them all back on same as the spindles.
Reply With Quote Likes