Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cricut or Wishblade?????

You guys are the experts and anytime that I need sound advice, I post here. I am interested in purchasing either the cricut or wishblade. I am uncertain which would be the best investment. The wishblade would need to be connected to the pc, but the cricut would work independently. There are pro's and con's to both - that's why I need your help. For those of you who have one (or have done the research to purchase one in the near future), please let me know what you think. Thanks, Tracy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2005, 03:30 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really want the wishblade myself. Just can't fit it in the budget anytime soon :(
And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2005, 03:34 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw in the latest Papercrafts that Xyron is coming out with it's own cutting machine (not a pressure die cutter, but something else)...listed for $199; looks interesting!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2005, 03:48 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
Just saw in the latest Papercrafts that Xyron is coming out with it's own cutting machine (not a pressure die cutter, but something else)...listed for $199; looks interesting!
I noticed that too Jan, but sounds like it will just cut letters or shapes that they make cartridges for? The thing I covet about the wishblade is how you can program your own stuff (ie things like the diecut boxes) KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been trying to decide which one to put on my Christmas list but since the Cricut won't come out until January, that may make the decision easier.

The main pros for me on the Wishblade are that you can do any size you want and use it for anything you have on your computer - fonts, clipart, original artwork, etc so you don't have to keep buying cartridges. Cricut cartridges are $89 a pop so the Wishblade would be less expensive in the long run. But with 2 printers and a scanner, my computer area is already cluttered.

So I like the ease and portability of the Cricut and it does offer 12 sizes for each item. (Do I really need more?) But you need to use their cartridges...$$$ over the long run. Since the Cricut has been delayed and websites have been asked to pull their Cricut info, I'm wondering if that's a reaction to the big drop in the price of the Wishblade and that maybe they'll drop the price of the cartridges? We'll see.

I'm not much help, am I? LOL! Think I'm leaning toward the Wishblade, though.

Here are some links that should help:

Lots of info on the Wishblade here. Info on all it can do, a comparison of the Wishblade and Cricut, input from those who own it and info about the two Wishblade Yahoo groups:
http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/message_board/topic.ihtml?topic=2899571

Here's another discussion:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.a...ead_id=1291332

Here's a site with Q&A about the Cricut:
http://www.scrapbook101.com/productline/cricut.htm

HTH!
April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

So I was watching a presentation of the Wishblade on HSN this weekend - off my feet, happened upon it while channel surfing, what can I say? - and they had a card reader that they were throwing in as part of the kit. I was under the impression that it only worked off memory cards w/stuff programmed in. But you're saying that you can create your own stuff - like your own writing - and have it cut out? THAT would be cool

It's not fair. Life was never this hard for Barbie & Ken
-
unknown

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Question

OK I will need more info on this i was looking at this earlier and the price drove me off but what is this I here the prices dropped ??????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The price on Wishblade advanced is now $449.00. Still pricey at first but when you figure in the cost of cartridges or design books with the other systems, it's not too bad.

You can check it out here:
http://www.wishblade.com/acatalog/cu...ced_Cutter.php

April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouch!PaperCut
I was under the impression that it only worked off memory cards w/stuff programmed in. But you're saying that you can create your own stuff - like your own writing - and have it cut out? THAT would be cool
If you buy the pricey advanced version you can do your own stuff. I'm hoping for another price drop personally!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Wishbalde, although more $$ upfront can & will do more than Cricut will do. Cricut is $299 plus cartridges. The delays are BIG RED FLAGS to me. It means they are having mfg'ing issues. I had preordered a cutting system years ago (it kind of punched out alpabets..) it was supposed to come out at Christmas, Valentines, Mothers day...i think it FINALLY came out the followong Christmas-they sent back my deposit it was so delayed! I'd steer clear of anything not out by Christmas if that's when you'd like it, not wait on "promises"...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2005, 04:29 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The whole die cut area is exploding with competition and that can only be good. Unless you are in a hurry for a particular project, I'd advise waiting until the competition shakes down. I think some products will fade and others will drop in price. Just my two cents. There is a woman in Purcellville VA who I think has one of these machines and runs a business with it. Her name is Lisa and you can contact her through www.camispaperie.com Might be worth an email to her.
Reply With Quote Likes