Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #2681  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I got that message on my last update as well. What worked for me was disconnecting everything and starting from the beginning connecting it all again. It then worked perfectly. It was as though there wasn't a good connection. That has happened a couple of times, and I just disconnect everything and start from scratch, it usually solves the situation.

Using another computer shouldn't be a problem, I would guess. When I took a class, the instructor used her laptop to update the machines of a couple of students, so don't see where that would be an issue. Good luck with your Gypsy update!!

Thank, I will give it a try!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #2682  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's a recent message from Nathan at PC regarding linking your Gypsy carts to Cricut Craft Room:

I can understand that Gypsy linking has been a much requested feature and the wait has been frustrating. This is a frustrating issue for us as well as we have been working hard to resolve the issue. We want to be able to say �it is working!� but we can�t do that quite yet.

We are however very, very close. We have a solution and have started the testing phase. This testing will take time because we want to be as thorough as possible. We don�t have an exact time frame of when we will be able to release this, but we want to make sure that everyone will be able to access content on Gypsy and in Cricut Craft Room.

We are almost there.

Soooooo....... maybe it will just be a little while longer. I hope so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #2683  
Compulsive Stamper

Just a small question - not sure if I'm in the right spot to post, but.. does anyone know where to get the downloadable files from older Cricut Chirp newsletters? I'm looking for the Pooh Font babybook that Crafty Kimber talks about in the April 7, 2007 Cricut Chirp. Its no longer available on the project site :-(

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #2684  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Cricut Imagine. Has this machine been discontinued by Provocraft? Mine still works pretty well, and I kind of like it. It's been a decent machine for the projects I've used it for. I am kind of sad it's been discontinued though (if it has indeed been discontinued)...I just hope they support it if I should ever need anything for it. Just wondering what anyone's heard or seen on it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #2685  
Matboard Maniac

Has anyone been able to get the Creative Cards Cartridge to link to their Gypsy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #2686  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a GView Post
I have the Cricut Imagine. Has this machine been discontinued by Provocraft? Mine still works pretty well, and I kind of like it. It's been a decent machine for the projects I've used it for. I am kind of sad it's been discontinued though (if it has indeed been discontinued)...I just hope they support it if I should ever need anything for it. Just wondering what anyone's heard or seen on it.
I am a Cricut Circle member and stay pretty caught up with what is going on in the Provo Craft world via the Cricut forum. PC is no longer making the Imagine however, they still offer support for the machine and the products you need to use with it. You can always call customer service if you have any issues. I love mine too!

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #2687  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgalView Post
I am a Cricut Circle member and stay pretty caught up with what is going on in the Provo Craft world via the Cricut forum. PC is no longer making the Imagine however, they still offer support for the machine and the products you need to use with it. You can always call customer service if you have any issues. I love mine too!
Wow, Thanks for the returned response.I'll go check it out on Cricut.com
Kinda sad.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #2688  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, especially since it is a 71 page thread! Please direct me to another thread if it would be more appropriate.

I am looking for a chart, formula, or tips on how to correctly size envelopes with the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge and Design Studio. I was really wishing to buy a WeRMemory Keepers envelope board, but they have been back-ordered for months. When I was telling one of my daughters about the board she asked why I didn't just use the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge to create my own envelopes in whatever size I wanted. As with all things Cricut, Design Studio and Provo, it is much more difficult to create these envelopes than I originally imagined. I've been working on a standard envelope for a couple hours now and still don't have the measurements correct. It is so frustrating!!! To make matters worse, I keep thinking someone has probably done the work and knows a formula or something to make this process easier.

I would like to be able to make both versions of envelopes in any size I want. I don't wish to cut the cards themself on the Cricut, only the envelopes. Does anyone know of a tool, or tips to be able to easily create envelopes for a variety of card sizes? Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #2689  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, especially since it is a 71 page thread! Please direct me to another thread if it would be more appropriate.

I am looking for a chart, formula, or tips on how to correctly size envelopes with the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge and Design Studio. I was really wishing to buy a WeRMemory Keepers envelope board, but they have been back-ordered for months. When I was telling one of my daughters about the board she asked why I didn't just use the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge to create my own envelopes in whatever size I wanted. As with all things Cricut, Design Studio and Provo, it is much more difficult to create these envelopes than I originally imagined. I've been working on a standard envelope for a couple hours now and still don't have the measurements correct. It is so frustrating!!! To make matters worse, I keep thinking someone has probably done the work and knows a formula or something to make this process easier.

I would like to be able to make both versions of envelopes in any size I want. I don't wish to cut the cards themself on the Cricut, only the envelopes. Does anyone know of a tool, or tips to be able to easily create envelopes for a variety of card sizes? Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm sorry that I don't know the answer, but I sure would like to know. I've been trying to cut our envies, too. I'll keep watching for a response.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #2690  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know the answer either but wanted you to know you are not alone. I have more problems figuring out sizing with any Cricut images.
Hope someone has the answer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #2691  
Polyshrink Goddess

There are some youtube videos - if you search for "making envelopes with Cricut" - or something to that effect. Mostly they deal with using the Gypsy, but that could be easily translated into Cricut Craft Room.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out either method. I did manage to make an A2 sized envelope - once - and now I can't remember how I did it. Last weekend I decided to try it again, thinking this can't be rocket science. It is. It is the paper crafters version of Rocket Science.

Due to my short attention span I said screw it after 15 minutes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #2692  
Embossing Fanatic

I remember reading somewhere that you cut a card first in the size that you need envelopes for or just a rectangle in the size of the card front. Then on another layer of mat, you size the front of the envelope to fit over the front of the card or rectangle.

hth
Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #2693  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela PalmView Post
I remember reading somewhere that you cut a card first in the size that you need envelopes for or just a rectangle in the size of the card front. Then on another layer of mat, you size the front of the envelope to fit over the front of the card or rectangle.

hth
Pam
That is basically the method I've been using, but it is easier said than done. It looks good on the screen, but when cut out.... not so good. Even then it seems like you could just easily adjust the measurements and be good to go, but so far I'm still not having success. I would love to have a chart that was like the WeRMemoryKeepers board chart, where if you want to make a 5" by
7" envelope, for example, you simply put measurement a in the width and measurement b in the length, and presto you have the correct size envelope. I got quite a kick out of the rocket science comparison, because I keep thinking the same thing. It simply can't be this difficult!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #2694  
Stampin' Fool

My question is on a different subject that also drives me crazy, because I'm scared to try it and ruin something!!!

After stamping and coloring an image I sometimes find I'm jockying too much with a die to get the right shape and would love to be able to use my E2 with Centerpoint and cut a shape perfect around my artwork. How do I do that after all that work? Do I measure the center of my image, where I place it on my mat, how exactly does it work? Seems like the You Tube videos never exactly make it having centered the image, and like I said, after all the work of coloring something, I definitely don't want to screw it up!!! Any help for those using this feature would be greatly appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #2695  
Compulsive Stamper

I haven't worked with centering, so I'm no help there...

When I cut a card with my E, I cut the envelope first (fit the page) and then cut the card to fit the envelope. Works every time! Could never get it right working the other way.

Would love to know if there is a secret out there to solve the envelope mystery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #2696  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
My question is on a different subject that also drives me crazy, because I'm scared to try it and ruin something!!!

After stamping and coloring an image I sometimes find I'm jockying too much with a die to get the right shape and would love to be able to use my E2 with Centerpoint and cut a shape perfect around my artwork. How do I do that after all that work? Do I measure the center of my image, where I place it on my mat, how exactly does it work? Seems like the You Tube videos never exactly make it having centered the image, and like I said, after all the work of coloring something, I definitely don't want to screw it up!!! Any help for those using this feature would be greatly appreciated!!!
They have some really good tutorials on YouTube that I have found very helpful.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #2697  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by IluvcardsView Post
They have some really good tutorials on YouTube that I have found very helpful.
Thank you for your suggestion. I did a Google search and found some specific for the E2 that were helpful, did my measurements for a stamped image to try, but now cannot get my Cricut to cut!!!! Horrors!!! Don't know what prompted that problem, it's been working fine..... So, I will have to figure out what's going on, and perhaps wait until Monday to call. I've been cutting fine from the Craft Room, so perhaps I'll try and go thru that way.

Anyway, I appreciate your help. The other videos I've seen, have not been very "on target", and like I said, after you've spent time coloring an image, you sure don't want your cut to be off. Now to just solve my cut issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #2698  
Stampin' Fool

Well, I got my E2 to cut, and played around with the center point. Didn't quite work as easy as I hoped, but I think I will need to work some more with it. I may have to stamp and cut before coloring. We'll see.......

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #2699  
Rubber Obsessor

Default problems with the cricut

ok. DH purchased it for me last year, had nothing but problems unless cutting something large. Have the CTMH Art Philosophy. The stock was peeling apart and leaving half on the tacky paper, and when trying to cut a flower or anything small, pulls back the corners. This week, went and purchased new sheets, got it out again and the same thing. Absolutely would be in the bottom of the lake if he had not purchased for me. How to you get it to work without doing that. In no time have things through the bug or ebosser and on the card, so hate wasting time, stock that is ruined, and cuts that are bunched up. Any ideas would be helpful. It is set on 4, tried different stocks and they all stick and pull apart unless about 100 weight, then don't cut through.
Thanks/ Would like to be able to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #2700  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default JUST GOT A NEW MINI - OMG!

This is day one - right out of the box

WOW!!! IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!

Start to finish - 43 minutes - and I covered all my bases.

Ok.
Unboxed.
Registered the product
Turned the machine on and off and inserted the blade
Put cardstock on the mat
Logged into CCR - connected the mini - the mini drivers loaded immediately
Followed the directions for the test cut - perfect.
Did another sample cut using my Calligraphy cart - perfect
Hooked the mini up to my Gypsy - did another test cut - lacy labels - perfect
Logged onto Rewards and entered reward points for the MINI and Cricut MINI font/shapes
Turned my Gypsy on, and did a Sync - it loaded the new mini font/shape cartridge.

43 minutes start to finish. Not one single hitch.

AND - my impression of how this MINI cuts - it is smooth (very very smooth), like it almost glides over the paper while cutting.

And quiet! The most abrasive noise it makes it at start up. Loud. But the cutting is very quiet in comparison to my other Cricuts.

God, I love this machine. I got it at Joanns for $99. I didn't want to order it online in case something was wrong, I would have a place to return it to. But this baby is a keeper!!!!

Oh - one caveat that really has nothing to do with the machine. I did disable my antivirus and firewall while letting the drivers load, and while doing my Gypsy sync. The Gypsy sync took maybe 30 seconds. Of course I never disable my antivirus and firewall to just routinely use CCR but in this instance when it was detecting a new machine I didn't want to take any chances.

This little machine is incredible. Now all I have to do is get a few more mats and I'm good.

Hopefully I don't develope problems down the road, but for right now, I couldn't be more pleased with my new machine.

**** Just played a bit more, and it cut PAPER (not just card stock) beautifully! On my Gypsy I set the speed to slow. And - with the Chomas adjustable marker holder now I can use ALL of my standard size Sharpie markers in it. I have a big set of those in all different colors. ****

I wish I had gotten this machine sooner.

Last edited by sewnmachine; 04-05-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #2701  
Glitter Guru

Received 864 Likes on 515 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by shonniView Post
ok. DH purchased it for me last year, had nothing but problems unless cutting something large. Have the CTMH Art Philosophy. The stock was peeling apart and leaving half on the tacky paper, and when trying to cut a flower or anything small, pulls back the corners. This week, went and purchased new sheets, got it out again and the same thing. Absolutely would be in the bottom of the lake if he had not purchased for me. How to you get it to work without doing that. In no time have things through the bug or ebosser and on the card, so hate wasting time, stock that is ruined, and cuts that are bunched up. Any ideas would be helpful. It is set on 4, tried different stocks and they all stick and pull apart unless about 100 weight, then don't cut through.
Thanks/ Would like to be able to use it.
Sometimes the sheets are too sticky when you get them. You might try patting your hands on them to remove some of the sticky or taking a piece of cloth and patting them.
I have basically given up on using the new mats. I took my old ones, cleaned them and then used the Scotch repositionable glue on them. As long as I run my brayer over the paper before I go to cut, it's always done great for me. I can't remember where I saw the original post about this, but here is a video from youtube that shows what I'm talking about. 3M Repositionable Glue Stick to re-sticky your Cricut mats - YouTube
If you don't have any old mats, you can get the cake mats in the appropriate size and apply the glue to those. Just always remember to use the brayer before cutting. I hope one of these suggestions helps! Please don't throw out your cricut. You might just love it after you figure it all out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #2702  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I saw the original post from Crafting with Christina. Here is one of her videos detailing how to use the Scotch glue. I just use my brayer to be sure there isn't any loose spots.
Episode 7 (remake): Resticking "new" cricut mats for use with your Imagine and Expression - YouTube
I've tried other glues, and they were a nightmare for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #2703  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thanks

Am going to try and clean off and hopefully it will work. They are so extremely sticky. Really want to use the cartridge and get the other one because they have so much on them. Thanks for the suggestions and the video link. Will go Monday, get a bigger glue as have the small one in that.
Have a super weekend all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #2704  
Matboard Maniac

Shonni!

I remember being as incredibly frustrated as you with my paper being TOO stuck to my mat b/c the mat was TOO sticky.

I can't remember who taught me but I learned YEARS ago that I had to play "Pat-A-Cake" with every brand new mat that I got.

So, the first thing I would do would be note the top side of the clear cove of the mats then remove the film and for about 5 minutes I would pat my clean hands all over the mat...over and over and over again. This would help the mat be less sticky.

I also keep several "working" mats of varying degrees of stickiness. So the newer ones which are the most sticky would be the one I would use for thicker cardstock like SU and PTI, DCWV and glittered CS. I have mid-sticky ones for medium weight papers, and I also have mats that barley have any stick to them for very light weight pattern papers and vellum etc.

Hope this helps.

It does seem that Prove Craft have just release new mats that are designed for the different weights of papers. (All these years later...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #2705  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thanks

between that and the glue on it, may find the answer. Bought 4 new ones and wanted to get using my cartridge, but since the mat with the machine got wrecked by the half off paper stuff, did not really want to ruin another one. Ok all, off here to make some things I hope, Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #2706  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's just another quick observation on my new Cricut MINI.

Did I say OMG how great this little machine cuts? Anyway, prior to buying it I was wondering how it would do with very small intricate cuts. Well, I'm not wondering any longer. I put it through its paces with the Ornamental Iron cart. That cart has very very thin detailed cuts. The machine made consistently clean cuts, no ripping or tearing of card stock. All I really had to do was poke out a few very very tiny little holes in the design.

And I didn't even have to fiddle with the settings. I gave it my best guess - and it was right on. I'm just lovin this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #2707  
Cardstock Collector

Default Shonni

When i got my cricut, I was having the problem of the paper sticking and sometimes peeling the corners or it would stick and wreck the cutout. I did the whole pat down the mat thing and was still having issues, then I read somewhere that sometimes the blade is defective, even when new, got a new blade and worked like a charm..so if all else fails, try using a new blade..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #2708  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Big Cricut News

This was just posted on Cricut.com. I have already done all the updating and everything went smooth. PLUS we were all given a $20 store credit to use on digital content. I've spent mine already.

So for those of you that have been wanting to link your Gypsys to Cricut Craft Room here is the announcement;

We are pleased to announce that you are now able to link your Cricut Gypsy� device to the Cricut Craft Room� design software! That means you can access all of your content, both digital and cartridges, on your Cricut Gypsy� device and your Cricut Craft Room� account simultaneously.

We know that there are many who love the flexibility of using their Cricut Gypsy� device. That�s why we�ve also spent numerous hours developing a repair process. If you experience issues with your Cricut Gypsy� device, you now have the option to repair it.

Read the FAQs about the repair process, or see all the Gypsy repair options to learn more. Express and Standard turnaround repair options are available, and all repairs include a 90 day warranty.

While we are dedicated to providing ongoing support and repair options for the Cricut Gypsy� device, we have made the decision to stop production on the current Cricut Gypsy� model. This will allow us to focus our efforts and prioritize our product offering. We will still offer support and content updates for the Cricut Gypsy� device.

We will also stop providing updates to the Cricut DesignStudio� software in order to focus those resources on creating and improving the Cricut� experience. We will still offer support for the software, but there will be no further content updates for the Cricut DesignStudio� software.

We hope that the linking and repair options for your Cricut Gypsy� device enable you to continue to create how and what you want to. We know that the wait for these new options has been long�we appreciate your patience and are confident that you will find them worth the wait!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #2709  
Crimping Master

So do I understand that to mean that no new cartridges will be able to be used with Design Studio?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #2710  
Polyshrink Goddess

There was a recent content update to Design Studio. But I really can't tell by the way the announcement reads if they are going to discontinue content updates for that program or not. I do know they have discontinued program updates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #2711  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
Here's just another quick observation on my new Cricut MINI.

Did I say OMG how great this little machine cuts? Anyway, prior to buying it I was wondering how it would do with very small intricate cuts. Well, I'm not wondering any longer. I put it through its paces with the Ornamental Iron cart. That cart has very very thin detailed cuts. The machine made consistently clean cuts, no ripping or tearing of card stock. All I really had to do was poke out a few very very tiny little holes in the design.

And I didn't even have to fiddle with the settings. I gave it my best guess - and it was right on. I'm just lovin this!
Congratulations on your recent purchase, and happy to hear you're having so much fun with it! I always get a big smile on my face when a fellow crafter makes a purchase that brings them so much joy.

When the E2 first came out, I got one and that was my first Cricut machine. I have lots of cartridges now, and thanks to your posting, I got my Gypsy and E2 updated, and all my cartridges are now available in the CCR! I'm so excited that I can create and now cut through there without pulling anything out! And, I'm so proud to be learning how to do all of this since I am not a computer tekkie!! I feel like a whole new design world has opened up and can hardly wait to put it to use in a variety of ways!! So, I can relate to your excitement over your machine in some manner.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #2712  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I don't use center point very often, it's not hard, just takes a little fiddling.

Get a piece of vellum, size it so it it large enough to go over your image, make a plus mark with pencil and ruler in the center of the vellum.

Put your artwork on you Cricut Mat.

Layer the vellum over the artwork, tape the vellum to your artwork with painter's tape.

Feed the mat into your machine. Guide your cutting blade to the center of the plus mark on the vellum over your artwork.

Press all the right buttons, center point, your image, paper size, speed, depth, etc....

Without moving the artwork, carefully remove the vellum.

Press cut.

This is how I use the center point feature
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #2713  
Matboard Maniac

By any chance does anyone know when the update to the Gypsy is going to include the Creative Cards and Simple Cards?
Thanks,
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #2714  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you for sharing your system. I have an E2, so you don't move the blade the same way, you tell it where your paper is placed and hit the CenterPoint feature and it goes to that location. If you put a piece of paper 6" in and 4" down, it will then go to that location and based on your image and size will cut, and you can do that all over your mat.

I have since tried again and am doing better. It's easier if I do the cut first, then stamp my image. Maybe one of these days I won't be so nervous about it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #2715  
Glitter Guru

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Hi!
I don't use center point very often, it's not hard, just takes a little fiddling.

Get a piece of vellum, size it so it it large enough to go over your image, make a plus mark with pencil and ruler in the center of the vellum.

Layer the vellum over the artwork, tape the vellum to your artwork with painter's tape.

Feed the mat into your machine. Guide your cutting blade to the center of the plus mark on the vellum over your artwork.

Press all the right buttons, center point, your image, paper size, speed, depth, etc....

Press cut.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I tried using the center point feature and could never get it centered properly. I never thought of this; how smart! I appreciate it so much that you shared this! I like using digi images, and this might work well with those. Appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #2716  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
Hi!

Press cut.

This is so smart! Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #2717  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
By any chance does anyone know when the update to the Gypsy is going to include the Creative Cards and Simple Cards?
Thanks,
Valerie
I read on the cricut forum that content updates to the gypsy were going to be few and far between...... like maybe every 3 months or so. It's because they have officially discontinued the gypsy and are wanting to steer everyone to Cricut Craft Room.
Alot of ladies are very anxious to get the Creative Cards, Simple Cards, First Few Years and When I was a Kid cartridges loaded onto their gypsies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #2718  
Embossing Fanatic

I am considering buying a used twice Cricut mini. It is registered to the present owner on the Cricut website. Will that make a difference when I register it, and will it keep me from working on Craftroom?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #2719  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by punch fanView Post
I am considering buying a used twice Cricut mini. It is registered to the present owner on the Cricut website. Will that make a difference when I register it, and will it keep me from working on Craftroom?
It might. I had a terrible time syncing my cartridges with CCR because the email address I registered my Gypsy with and the one I used for my CCR account didn't match. The first rep. refused to change my email address, even though I told her that I don't use the old one anymore. Ridiculous! I finally sorted it all out by dealing with a different rep., but it was very aggravating.

Email addresses seem to be a big deal with ProvoCraft. Maybe the present owner can have the registration changed for you before you buy it. I hope it all works out for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #2720  
Embossing Fanatic

Scrapjanny: I decided not to buy at this time. I have to get my Expression (the old one) updated and see what Provo Craft will do about my Gypsy linked carts.
Reply With Quote Likes