Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut Chatter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-chatter-239384/)

CindyP 04-24-2007 05:10 PM

Hi Kimberly and welcome!

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-24-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
I've been dying to make this. I was just waiting on the papers to arrive.

I bought this frame for $1 at Michaels the day I bought my cricut. I used the George and Basic Shapes on the slotted setting to make this.

It's kinda hard to see in the picture, but I did the faux linen technique on the background. I also painted the frames brown before I started.

Great work Consuelo! I haven't even opened my paper yet
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-24-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendybell
Hey, girls! Long time, no chat! My life has been sooo crazy (whose isn't?)! I have missed chatting with y'all. I'll hafta fix that! I get to meet with Kathy (Jostvig) today! Yahoo! I'm picking up some stuff from Kim's for her, then we are meeting to have lunch. What fun! I DID get to make a card with my Cricut and bug, though. I am making 20 of them for a swap I am in. The challenge was to use a circle or oval scallop. Since I only have the mega circle scallop, I improvised. I used the George for the circles and the Mini Monograms for the large scallop. Whaddya think?

Scallops & Circles

Wow that is a whole lot of circles, looks good
C

danssister 04-24-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Hey, girls! Long time, no chat! My life has been sooo crazy (whose isn't?)! I have missed chatting with y'all. I'll hafta fix that! I get to meet with Kathy (Jostvig) today! Yahoo! I'm picking up some stuff from Kim's for her, then we are meeting to have lunch. What fun! I DID get to make a card with my Cricut and bug, though. I am making 20 of them for a swap I am in. The challenge was to use a circle or oval scallop. Since I only have the mega circle scallop, I improvised. I used the George for the circles and the Mini Monograms for the large scallop. Whaddya think?

Scallops & Circles

Cute card!!!! :D

danssister 04-24-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Scallops & Circles

Very cool that you guys were able to get together today! How fun!!!

danssister 04-24-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell
Me?????? Are you kidding????? Have you tried that thing???? It does SOOOOOOO much .... I'm telling you, it's the best cart out there!! It can make the most awesome cut-out cards, and you can do the letters - both upper and lower case - separately from the animals. Then, you have layers for the animals. There's scenery and great things like "thanks," "happy birthday," and "congrats." It's such a great cartridge ....

Geez ... do I LIKE Zooballoo???? You bet!
Ok ... your fault ... YOU got me started .....:rolleyes:

Shell, I thought of you this weekend when I was at my parents house, lol. My mom's friend had just adopted a brand-new baby girl, and my mother "forgot" to tell me before I got there. What a bird-brain! :roll: ;) (Ok, so you don't have to tell her I said that, LOL!!!!) Anyway, luckily I had broght along my scrappin stuff and my Cricut, because I got out my Zooballoo cart to make a baby card. LOVE that Zooballoo! When I'm not feeling so lazy, I'll have to upload it. Wonder where my camera is.....

danssister 04-24-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
I've been dying to make this. I was just waiting on the papers to arrive.

I bought this frame for $1 at Michaels the day I bought my cricut. I used the George and Basic Shapes on the slotted setting to make this.

It's kinda hard to see in the picture, but I did the faux linen technique on the background. I also painted the frames brown before I started.

Beautiful job, Consuelo!!!! Now I'm really going to have to order those papers.....lol! ;)

robynstamps 04-25-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssister
Shell, I thought of you this weekend when I was at my parents house, lol. My mom's friend had just adopted a brand-new baby girl, and my mother "forgot" to tell me before I got there. What a bird-brain! :roll: ;) (Ok, so you don't have to tell her I said that, LOL!!!!) Anyway, luckily I had broght along my scrappin stuff and my Cricut, because I got out my Zooballoo cart to make a baby card. LOVE that Zooballoo! When I'm not feeling so lazy, I'll have to upload it. Wonder where my camera is.....

Can't wait to see it Molly!

robynstamps 04-25-2007 04:49 AM

I made a layout yesterday using Base Camp for my boys. I'm not going to upload that one because it is soooo basic but I promise to upload some this week that I work on.

Robyn

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-25-2007 12:10 PM

Oh my gosh, we were half way down page 2, :(
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-25-2007 12:12 PM

I wa just down at the post office mailing a swap that I finished, and the girl working also runs a spa in town and asked if I would be interested in selling my cards at ther shop:D I think I will.
C

CindyP 04-25-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
I wa just down at the post office mailing a swap that I finished, and the girl working also runs a spa in town and asked if I would be interested in selling my cards at ther shop:D I think I will.
C

Go for it .. you do beautiful work!! Congrats!

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-25-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyP
Go for it .. you do beautiful work!! Congrats!

I think I will, it won't be a big money maker, but who knows where it will lead, right!?
C

cindy_haffner 04-25-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

C

Awesome news Conni that is great. Your cards rock, you'll do well.

SStrachan611 04-25-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

C

Yay, Connie!!!!

I was thinking about doing that at the bakery/coffee shop, but haven't gotten up the nerve yet...

congrats to you though!!!

loricabo 04-25-2007 05:38 PM

Hi ladies! Just wanted to drop in and say Hi! The delivery fairy has been good to me. I got my Disney carts yesterday and my SU order today. I got Doodle This, Roses in Winter, Office Accoutrement and Bodacious Bouquet. After seeing Molly's page with the Roses set, I had to order it. That set has been on my wishlist for 2 years, but I always end up bumping it off for something else. I also can't wait to play with the round tab punch (I think this will be great for scrapping!) and the new Prints Sampler patterned papers. The Pallette papers are gorgeous (I especially love the paisley)!!!! I can't wait til the new catty comes out and I can order them in 12x12.

Conni: that's great about selling your cards. You do such great work, so I think they will sell well.

My internet connection at home has been very spotty the past 2 days. I don't know how many times I get on this site, only to lose my connection a minute later. Comcast is supposed to come out Fri., so hopefully they can figure out what the problem is. Have a great night everyone!

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-25-2007 07:28 PM

Thanks for all of the comments about my cards guys. My hubby said to go for it, I would love to show him I could MAKE some money from this hobby!
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-25-2007 07:30 PM

Off to Regina for another dance competition this weekend, but we get to stay in a hotel this time, yeah! I will be near a Mike's when Martha get there on Sunday too! Cross your fingers for Steph please, and thank you
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-25-2007 07:30 PM

Off to Regina for another dance competition this weekend, but we get to stay in a hotel this time, yeah! I will be near a Mike's when Martha get there on Sunday too! Cross your fingers for Steph please, and thank you
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-25-2007 07:39 PM

I made 2 cards today, with out either if my bugs:eek: I know, I figured my stamps were getting lonely, Ha ha
C

JazzyCreations 04-25-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStrachan611
Originally Posted by SStrachan611
i'm here but over in the Queens thread...

The Cricut-Zooballoobian Queens thread that we were just chatting on.... like a min ago... do you have that short of memory??? ;)
Cricut-Zooballoobian Queens

remember now???

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! OH you kill me!!!!!!! I ddin't see this post until just now. I haven't been online.... oh that was so funny............do you know how long I was looking everywhere for a thread called Queens????????????? LOL.....DUHHHHH

cindy_haffner 04-25-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

C

I'll even cross my eyes for her. Good luck Steph, break-a-leg. Just kiddin' that suppose to be good luck.

We want a report on that Martha stuff!!!

SStrachan611 04-25-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! OH you kill me!!!!!!! I ddin't see this post until just now. I haven't been online.... oh that was so funny............do you know how long I was looking everywhere for a thread called Queens????????????? LOL.....DUHHHHH

sorry for the confusion... ;)

jostvig 04-26-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Hey there, Kimberly! The more the merrier!! Welcome to our group! ;) Yes you have to get one! YOu can't live without it!

Ditto Welcome Kimberly:D

jostvig 04-26-2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

I DID get to make a card with my Cricut and bug, though. I am making 20 of them for a swap I am in. The challenge was to use a circle or oval scallop. Since I only have the mega circle scallop, I improvised. I used the George for the circles and the Mini Monograms for the large scallop. Whaddya think?Scallops & Circles

Very cute card I love the layers and colors.

jostvig 04-26-2007 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
That's funny! Did someone really ask Shell if she liked Zoo?? ;) That's like asking a cat if it likes a mouse!! Robyn

ROTFLMBO

jostvig 04-26-2007 03:19 AM

Quote:

C

Great idea the one you sent for a RAK was darling.

jostvig 04-26-2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

WHich IS even funnier because you named it!;)

jostvig 04-26-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_haffner
I'll even cross my eyes for her. Good luck Steph, break-a-leg. Just kiddin' that suppose to be good luck. We want a report on that Martha stuff!!!

Ditto good luck steph adn happy shopping Connie!

jostvig 04-26-2007 03:29 AM

I am finally back home, I have more than doubled my quantity of Cricut Carts since I joined the old thread. You guys are very enabling in the nicest way so now Shell Zooballoo is in second place on teh waiting list, right behind WIMG. followed by OA. Has anyone else looked at the new carts coming out. I dont really like them, because I dont think they work well with cards or Scrapping. I think they look more like they are institutional/for teachers' bulletin boards. I just think its odd that out of all the new carts none of them appeal to me.
I think our ideas for carts are much better. Has anyone else checked them out, and what do you think ?

CindyP 04-26-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
I am finally back home, I have more than doubled my quantity of Cricut Carts since I joined the old thread. You guys are very enabling in the nicest way so now Shell Zooballoo is in second place on teh waiting list, right behind WIMG. followed by OA. Has anyone else looked at the new carts coming out. I dont really like them, because I dont think they work well with cards or Scrapping. I think they look more like they are institutional/for teachers' bulletin boards. I just think its odd that out of all the new carts none of them appeal to me.
I think our ideas for carts are much better. Has anyone else checked them out, and what do you think ?

I did look at them a while back and nothing jumped out at me as "gotta haves". I agree, they do appear to be geared towards teachers. I'll just use what I have until the next round of new ones come out.

hart2heart 04-26-2007 04:18 AM

Quote:

I checked them out a while back and not many of them jumped out at me. I did like the in my community one. I think there was another similar one that I liked. Most of them are geared towards teachers to use with the new expression.

hart2heart 04-26-2007 04:19 AM

Quote:

Oops, I meant to ask which cartridges you got. I have added a lot of cartridges to my collection too recently.

jostvig 04-26-2007 04:30 AM

Recently I have added the 2 disneys (only because My mom gave me some spending money during my trip, enabling me to get both), TBBM, & MM (because of the sale at michaels), Jasmine & FF. and also Celebrations since I joined this thread. I started with four a few months ago and I have 11 now. I noticed roberts hada sale on carts last week 49.95 I constrained my self knowing Supergal has carts for 45 pretty regulary.
well I have to go now that I am all caught up.

Shell 04-26-2007 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssister

Forgot to tell you?? LOL!! That sounds like a move my mil would make.

Awesome!!!! I knew you would like it!!!!! Can't wait to see the card, Molly.

Shell 04-26-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

I love WIMG, but I use Zooby more.

I don't much care for those new ones, either. I will probably get some of them since we homeschool, and since I have a little one again, I will probably need some of them.

I was really hoping for a sports cart, a hobbies cart, a boy cart, a girl cart, etc, but ....

Shell 04-26-2007 06:25 AM

Quote:

Recently I have added the 2 disneys (only because My mom gave me some spending money during my trip, enabling me to get both), TBBM, & MM (because of the sale at michaels), Jasmine & FF. and also Celebrations since I joined this thread. I started with four a few months ago and I have 11 now. I noticed roberts hada sale on carts last week 49.95 I constrained my self knowing Supergal has carts for 45 pretty regulary.
well I have to go now that I am all caught up.

Hey, Kathy ... did you get my check???

loricabo 04-26-2007 06:33 AM

Welcome back, Kathy! How was your trip? You hooked up with Wendybell, right? Congrats on new carts - it's always fun getting new stuff. And I know what you mean about the enabling.

loricabo 04-26-2007 06:35 AM

New carts

I wasn't overly excited about the new releases either, and I think that's a good thing (LOL!). I believe 2 of them were fonts, so I may change my mind on them, but at this point, I don't see myself getting any of them. That's fine - it will allow me to save up for the next round of carts.

Shell 04-26-2007 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell
Hey, Kathy ... did you get my check???

Never mind ..... I saw on the Queens thread!