Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut Chatter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-chatter-239384/)

bonandlou 12-26-2007 11:19 AM

I don't know which is more addicting the stamping or card making or surfing all the blogs to see what everyone is doing. I admit I'm just starting to actually respond on these threads and it is a lot of fun. I think it is because i can talk or just sit in the bush and listen, also because i can do it in my pj's or track pants. I also don't have to do my hair and can I talk with my mouth full ha ha.

stampmouse 12-26-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunf1ower (Post 8111636)
Actually the rebate says "....more than one rebate may be submitted with purchase of additional qualifying products." I called and they said I could put them in one envelope, but you had to have a separate copy of receipt, rebate form and $14.95 check for each... I'm going to put them in the same envelope, hoping that they won't send me the same 2 cartrdiges! :)

Good Luck!

cool thanks

*O*2*B*stampin' 12-26-2007 11:46 AM

My MIL bought me 2 new cart. for Christmas. Maybe I can get the receipt from her to get the free one.

stampmouse 12-26-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 8111954)
If I were you I'd use separate envelopes *just in case*. It's only an extra 41 cents.

ok thats what I am doing just in case. thanks

*O*2*B*stampin' 12-26-2007 12:48 PM

I got markers today @ HL. They were marked $29.99 and I knew that just couldn't be right. I had them do a price check when I went to check out & they were $9.99...that's a good deal right??

Shell 12-26-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig (Post 8111175)
I am more excited about your Ebug...How great is that you are going to have to tell me all about it...Maybe next fall I'll be prepared to get it for my B-day if I save....Or there are more great sales...

I think that I was as excited about it being the bundle as I was about getting the Expression. LOL!! My mom (who ordered it and gave it to me) saw the carts and said "All that didn't come with it, did it?!" LOL! Yep! Sure did! I ended up with 4 carts and 7 markers from that and another cart from dh and kids.

I can't wait to create with the ebug. I will post what I make when I get a spot set up for it in the Haven (totally rearranging that now .... :rolleyes:).

I will make sure I enable ..... I mean, tell you all about it when I get it up and going!!! LOL!!!!

ladybugstamper2 12-26-2007 02:04 PM

Hi!
What to order? Wow, that's a fun question to answer. I'm a card maker and do other craft stuff. I don't do much scrapbooking though.

I am a former SU Demo, so that means I have tons of stamping stuff, lots and lots of images (You'll find me in the "who has the most stamps" threads, I don't have the most but I'm in the upper percentiles, LOL!!!). And over 20 different types of Alphabets in various styles and sizes. Then I retired from selling, just played and then got addicted to the Original Sizzix.

What I like about the Original Sizzix is the ability to cut multiple images, consistent cuts (as opposed to cutting with scissors). And the various stuff it can cut like fabric, shrink plastic, etc. What I didn't like was the size limitation. So the items I purchsed for my Sizzix were "things" and I stayed away from getting into the Alphabets, I ended up with 2 alphabets, Shadow Box and Fruit Smoothing. While they are great alphabets I didn't like the size limitations, especially when large letters came into style.

When DH bought me the Cricut for Christmas (thanks to great sales during Thanksgiving) I knew I had finally found the tool to link stamping and die cutting together. I've gone from no bug stuff to a machine and 8 cartridges and I'm good until the next sale, LOL!!!

What I focused on buying were the 2 free cartridges that came with the machine. George and Basic Shapes and Keystone. George gives me a capitalized alphabet in a whimsical style and the Basic Shapes cover so much variety. Keystone is more like a solid capitalized alphabet, perfect for those large letters.

I picked up Beyond Basics because for my use it gives me a variety of word groupings and images. I used it to make a really nice baby congratulations card. This let me use the words larger than I had in stamps.

Cursive 101 and Alphalicious have a great collection of shapes besides upper and lower alphabets. Cursive 101 gives me school stuff I can use with my own kids or the kids I work with (I'm a special ed para) and a script style alphabet. Alphalicious has some great words and shapes.

I love Disney, it's my favorite and I found the stickers too expensive for 1 time use, and the stamps too small to be used for much more than an accent on the card. So on Christmas Day I unwrapped 2 - Mickey and Friends, DH and my parents both found one for me and Happily Ever After, my personal favorite. I took one of the Mickey's back and exchanged it for Dreams Come True, DD's personal favorite.

So that's my logic for purchasing the cartridges I did. I am going to send off for the cartridges being offered. Since I only have 1 of the ones being offered I'll be okay with what I get, unless it's Cursive 101. But I can't pass up a deal like this, LOL!!!

I'll offer the same advice I offered when I used to sell stamps. Buy what you like and will use, not what someone things you should have or use. Because you aren't likely to love it and use it. And above all - ENJOY!!!!!

p.s. I went to one Michael's to return the cartridge and the lady didn't want to give me cash (it was a cash purchase and I have the receipt), she said it was too much work and didn't I just want to exchange. Uh, no, you don't have the cartridge I want. So I drove to the next town over (I know waste of gas), looked for Dreams come true at that Michael's and it wasn't in stock either. But they very nicely gave me the cash. Then I went next door to Wal Mart and bought the Dreams come true cartridge there.

Sunf1ower 12-26-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 8111954)
If I were you I'd use separate envelopes *just in case*. It's only an extra 41 cents.

I called and asked and she actually recommended sending them in the same envelope, just stapling them separately with their own copy of the receipt, rebate form and check. She said that was the only way to guarentee that you don't get the same cartridge!

Joella

sprtchick 12-26-2007 02:05 PM

I also sent for two free cartridges. It said there was not a limit. But I mailed in seperate envelopes so they would not get confused at the center where they process the orders...

robynstamps 12-26-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *O*2*B*stampin' (Post 8112190)
I got markers today @ HL. They were marked $29.99 and I knew that just couldn't be right. I had them do a price check when I went to check out & they were $9.99...that's a good deal right??

You did get a deal!! They are priced at $29.99 and it is a big debate over at the Cricut board. When they did the price check for you they must have been looking at the price for the mats. Those are the only thing Cricut at HL with the pricetag of $9.99. They retail for $19.99 and you can get them the cheapest at Walmart for only $14.95. :)

ladybugstamper2 12-26-2007 02:05 PM

Oh Yeah, and I did have to promise DH no more cartridges - until they come out with a Winnie The Pooh cartridge, or next Christmas, which ever comes first. LOL!!!!!

***Just helping someone hit the 5,000 mark

Sunf1ower 12-26-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunf1ower (Post 8112716)
I called and asked and she actually recommended sending them in the same envelope, just stapling them separately with their own copy of the receipt, rebate form and check. She said that was the only way to guarentee that you don't get the same cartridge!

Joella

And of course I'll probably have to put extra postage on the envelope!

sprtchick 12-26-2007 02:09 PM

I guess I might end up with two of the same cartridge but I have two little sisters with the bugs too...both have birthdays in 2008....so it would make a nice gift.

stampmouse 12-26-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 8112758)
I guess I might end up with two of the same cartridge but I have two little sisters with the bugs too...both have birthdays in 2008....so it would make a nice gift.

there you go

*O*2*B*stampin' 12-26-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps (Post 8112723)
You did get a deal!! They are priced at $29.99 and it is a big debate over at the Cricut board. When they did the price check for you they must have been looking at the price for the mats. Those are the only thing Cricut at HL with the pricetag of $9.99. They retail for $19.99 and you can get them the cheapest at Walmart for only $14.95. :)

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

ladybugstamper2 12-26-2007 03:27 PM

Does anyone have a "would like to see" cartridge?

Mine is Winnie The Pooh

What would be yours?

michlz319 12-26-2007 04:26 PM

Who is Kim?

michlz319 12-26-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flgirl5 (Post 7892928)
I am so jealous. Does anyone know when Kim is shipping?

Who is Kim?

*O*2*B*stampin' 12-26-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michlz319 (Post 8114065)
Who is Kim?

http://www.freewebs.com/kimskorner/orderinginfo.htm

hart2heart 12-26-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys (Post 8108900)
So, as many of you may remember, I asked DH for a Cricut for x-mas...and also purchased approximately 10 carts last month because of the sale at creative express (and I was pretty certain he would come through for me!)!! Well, yippee for DH! He got me a Cricut baby bug...and an Expressions!

I know, he is so funny. He actually read this thread and so many people had talked about having both, he thought the small one I could bring to crops and leave the ebug at home! What a silly guy. He gets an A+++++ for effort! He also ordered the software for me, but I do not have it yet. Can't wait to play with that!!

Yes, I will be sending the baby bug back. I think I will be fine with the eBug! And I think I will use my credit for some additional carts!! :)

BTW, DH was thrilled with his X-box! :)

Thanks to everyone for the enabling over the past month and I look forward to being inspired by your beautiful work!

WOW! What an awesome DH you have!!! Congrats on your new bugs!

hart2heart 12-26-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps (Post 8109555)
Okay, today I am trying to get things in order so I can finally have time to play with my bug and my new software! I am getting the itch to scrap so watch out! This is usually when I get a ton of pages done before I go out of that mode again.

I have a MOUNTAIN of laundry to do today, one sick child, and my DH went back to work. Crazy day!

Sorry to hear that you have a sick child Robyn! I hope that everyone is healthy at your house soon.

hart2heart 12-26-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell (Post 8110491)
I now have both bugs. My mom got me e-bug *bundle* for Christmas! Yippee! Love it. Now .... I have to rearrange my stamp room to accommodate the new bug and put the computer items closer to the bugs. Woohoo!

Congrats Shell! Molly and I were just wondering this morning if you got your ebug for Christmas.

hart2heart 12-26-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftingpink (Post 8111000)
You will get many opinions on that question. When I first started buying carts I bought ones that really fit what I liked to do, like gardening so "Walk in my Garden" was good for me. Plus with all the flowers and creatures they worked well on cards. I also bought "Doodlecharms" because it has a great variety of seasonal characters (great for cards) so you get more bang for the buck. I didn't think I needed a lot of different fonts, but have bought quite a few anyway. It is nice to have a variety when doing different projects.

Now I have several carts. I also got the software which is great because I can see what is in all of the carts by clicking on them in the computer instead of digging them out of the boxes to look for certain characters.

I say take your time and look at the cart books on the cricut.com website to see what you like.

If you hang around this site long enough you will have more carts than you thought you ever needed. We like to enable each other :-D

Make sure that you look at the cartridge handbooks instead of the image of the back of the box. Many of the newer cartridges have images on the cartridge that are not shown on the back of the box.

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftingpink (Post 8111453)
My ds is home from college and complaining that I turned his bedroom into a craft/computer room. But, this is way it has to be if I want to use the bug software. Guess he will just have to get over it like I have to get over tripping over his clothes all over the floor lol :-D

LOL...besides what a young adult teenager gonna do if they dont have something to complain about...;)

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunf1ower (Post 8111636)
Actually the rebate says "....more than one rebate may be submitted with purchase of additional qualifying products." I called and they said I could put them in one envelope, but you had to have a separate copy of receipt, rebate form and $14.95 check for each... I'm going to put them in the same envelope, hoping that they won't send me the same 2 cartrdiges! :)

Good Luck!

thanks for correcting me, good luck....

hart2heart 12-26-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell (Post 8112245)
I think that I was as excited about it being the bundle as I was about getting the Expression. LOL!! My mom (who ordered it and gave it to me) saw the carts and said "All that didn't come with it, did it?!" LOL! Yep! Sure did! I ended up with 4 carts and 7 markers from that and another cart from dh and kids.

I can't wait to create with the ebug. I will post what I make when I get a spot set up for it in the Haven (totally rearranging that now .... :rolleyes:).

I will make sure I enable ..... I mean, tell you all about it when I get it up and going!!! LOL!!!!

Alright another member on the ebug enabler bandwagon!

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *O*2*B*stampin' (Post 8111821)
My MIL bought me 2 new cart. for Christmas. Maybe I can get the receipt from her to get the free one.

LOL...the gift that keeps on giving....... good Luck

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell (Post 8112245)

you'll have to tell me how the software works with it also...

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 (Post 8112714)
Hi!
What to order? Wow, that's a fun question to answer. I'm a card maker and do other craft stuff. I don't do much scrapbooking though.
......p.s. I went to one Michael's to return the cartridge and the lady didn't want to give me cash (it was a cash purchase and I have the receipt), she said it was too much work and didn't I just want to exchange. Uh, no, you don't have the cartridge I want. So I drove to the next town over (I know waste of gas), looked for Dreams come true at that Michael's and it wasn't in stock either. But they very nicely gave me the cash. Then I went next door to Wal Mart and bought the Dreams come true cartridge there.

Hey Cynthis have fun with your Cricut and Mike's inconsistancy bugs me a bit, but good for you sticking to it...I owuld of insisted she did the difficult thing right then and there but I guess youneeded to get to Wal Mart...Right:rolleyes: ;) :D

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 (Post 8112727)
Oh Yeah, and I did have to promise DH no more cartridges - until they come out with a Winnie The Pooh cartridge, or next Christmas, which ever comes first. LOL!!!!!

***Just helping someone hit the 5,000 mark

LOL

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 (Post 8113358)

Mine is Winnie The Pooh

What would be yours?

Tinker Bell, and sports and a whole wedding cart:rolleyes: :mrgreen:

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heart (Post 8116169)
Sorry to hear that you have a sick child Robyn! I hope that everyone is healthy at your house soon.

Ditto

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps (Post 8109555)
Okay, today I am trying to get things in order so I can finally have time to play with my bug and my new software! I am getting the itch to scrap so watch out! This is usually when I get a ton of pages done before I go out of that mode again.

I have a MOUNTAIN of laundry to do today, one sick child, and my DH went back to work. Crazy day!

So did you get to play, and does this also mean you'll get caught up on your pages?

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heart (Post 8116242)
Make sure that you look at the cartridge handbooks instead of the image of the back of the box. Many of the newer cartridges have images on the cartridge that are not shown on the back of the box.

GOOD TIP that always helps their is so much more to the cart than its cover thats for sure:cool:

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heart (Post 8116275)
Alright another member on the ebug enabler bandwagon!

LOL:twisted: :mrgreen: :cool:

jostvig 12-26-2007 08:32 PM

Okay I commented and replied to so much stuff and I am leaving the thread just primed for Robyn to sweep in and Post # 5000 tomorrow;) ...

Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas and continues to have a good week looking forward to the new year.:D

Hiding in My Craft Room 12-26-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig (Post 8110551)
Yeah I got mine too...and paperdolls:D

I got mine a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to hardly even look at it much less use it! I have the trial version already on my computer so I am guessing all I have to do is find the confirmation number but I would like to put my new cord on it so in case I need the cord I am using for something else.

Hiding in My Craft Room 12-26-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Mine is Winnie The Pooh

What would be yours?

Mine is Cars! My two year old is crazy for Lightening McQueen and it would make great boy cards and scrapbook pages. Not to mention what I could do to my boys' room.

*O*2*B*stampin' 12-26-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Mine is Winnie The Pooh

What would be yours?

Music....

notes, instruments, marching band, dance, etc...

Hiding in My Craft Room 12-26-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *O*2*B*stampin' (Post 8116689)
Music....

notes, instruments, marching band, dance, etc...

That would be great!!!

My3LittleMonkeys 12-27-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie1 (Post 8109233)
Where in Japan are you chirping??? My husband and I were in Okinawa up until June of 2006.

Oh, how cool! We are waaayyyy up north from there...in Japanese Siberia!!! Ha Ha Seriously though, we are at Misawa...and it is cold here! Would love to see Okinawa. DH spent time there when he was a kid. :)

My3LittleMonkeys 12-27-2007 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heart (Post 8116150)

I know, but the scary thing is that even HE was enabled by all of you girls! LOL! See, now my excuses for "needing" things because of SCS will not fall on deaf ears!

I have not played with my bug yet. This is horrible, I know! I am kind of waiting for the software to show up. I did pull all my carts out of the plastic and file them away so I am at least organized now. It is hard to find a moments peace here since DH is on vacation and all the kids are home from school! Ugh! ;) I have managed to read part of the users manual, so I think I might have half a clue now.

Can you believe 3 of us here got Bugs for x-mas??!! Slowly, they are migrating to Japan! :)

My3LittleMonkeys 12-27-2007 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heart (Post 8116150)

I know, but the scary thing is that even HE was enabled by all of you girls! LOL! See, now my excuses for "needing" things because of SCS will not fall on deaf ears!

I have not played with my bug yet. This is horrible, I know! I am kind of waiting for the software to show up. I did pull all my carts out of the plastic and file them away so I am at least organized now. It is hard to find a moments peace here since DH is on vacation and all the kids are home from school! Ugh! ;) I have managed to read part of the users manual, so I think I might have half a clue now.

Can you believe 3 of us here got Bugs for x-mas??!! Slowly, they are migrating to Japan! :)

fishymom 12-27-2007 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys (Post 8116897)
It is hard to find a moments peace here since DH is on vacation and all the kids are home from school! Ugh! ;)

I sympathize with you! It is so nice to have everyone home but after a couple of days, I can't wait for things to return to normal. Congratulations on your new bugs. I got mine for Christmas and can't seem to leave it alone.

fishymom 12-27-2007 03:22 AM

would like to see

I would sure like to see a sports themed cartridge, one that includes swimming please.

CindyP 12-27-2007 03:31 AM

Hi Ladies!
I got my Cricut newsletter and they are extending the free download time for the software thru the 28th .... I've downloaded it but, haven't installed it yet. I'm thinking in February I'll have time!

If you get the Circuit Newsletters, did you happen to check out the calendar pages that are part of the featured projects? There were awesome!!

Have a great day!

fishymom 12-27-2007 03:43 AM

Chirp newsletter

I saw that calendar and it was gorgeous! Now, to find the time to do a calendar like that.

CindyP 12-27-2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishymom (Post 8117104)
I saw that calendar and it was gorgeous! Now, to find the time to do a calendar like that.

I know! As slow as I am it would take me all year to put one together!

fishymom 12-27-2007 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyP (Post 8117119)
I know! As slow as I am it would take me all year to put one together!

I am embarrassed to say I never finished my calendar from 2007! I got through October and then life got so hectic that I never finished. I hope to actually finish one for 2008.