Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut Chatter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-chatter-239384/)

NicholeC 01-09-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlrowley (Post 17771621)
To selectively cut layers, turn off the "eye" on the layers that you don't want cut (I usually verify this with the preview to see exactly what is going to cut).

You might want to join in the fun on the as well - you'll probably get faster answers there. I hope you like MTC as much as I do.

Thank you!!!

cathykeck 05-07-2011 05:47 PM

Online images

This has probably been answered somewhere on here but there are over 100 pages to read thru and I don't have the time right now.

I know that I have seen things that people have done with the Cricut that they have taken the images off of the internet and they say that they have special software to do that. What do I need? I am needing to make a ton of things for VBS at church and there is no way that I can find all the stuff on cartridges, there are none at the local Michaels that will work for Chinese things. Any help here would be appreciated. I thought it was the Design Studio that I need, but the box says that it requires that you still need the cartridges for that to work.

Thanks

gobarb26 05-07-2011 06:05 PM

SCAL

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathykeck (Post 18288795)
This has probably been answered somewhere on here but there are over 100 pages to read thru and I don't have the time right now.

I know that I have seen things that people have done with the Cricut that they have taken the images off of the internet and they say that they have special software to do that. What do I need? I am needing to make a ton of things for VBS at church and there is no way that I can find all the stuff on cartridges, there are none at the local Michaels that will work for Chinese things. Any help here would be appreciated. I thought it was the Design Studio that I need, but the box says that it requires that you still need the cartridges for that to work.

Thanks

I have a program called Sure Cuts a Lot that I purchased online. The site is called ScrappingTable.com. They are having a special right now for Mothers Day. She also has a lot of free SVG files that you can download. (That is the format for cutting with SCAL.) here is the link to the site:

http://www.scrappingtable.com

Mzinkspot 08-02-2011 10:58 AM

Anyone have this problem? When I turn on my Cricut Expression everything lights up. I put it a cartridge and it recognizes it. I load the paper and it recognizes that it is 12 x 12. I press a figure, choose the size for example 2 1/2" and when I press cut it says that the image is too large for the paper. I have done all of the reset suggestions that I have found here and it still says the same thing. It is now out of warranty. Any suggestions or does anyone know a person or shop that fixes Cricuts?
Thanks,
Cheryl

gobarb26 08-02-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzinkspot (Post 18582001)
Anyone have this problem? When I turn on my Cricut Expression everything lights up. I put it a cartridge and it recognizes it. I load the paper and it recognizes that it is 12 x 12. I press a figure, choose the size for example 2 1/2" and when I press cut it says that the image is too large for the paper. I have done all of the reset suggestions that I have found here and it still says the same thing. It is now out of warranty. Any suggestions or does anyone know a person or shop that fixes Cricuts?
Thanks,
Cheryl

Have you gone to cricut.com? They have a message board with everything you need to know about the Cricut. Someone there may be able to help you.

inkywishes 08-20-2011 05:01 PM

Rotating

Hi, everyone!

I just got a Cricut (the small one) for my birthday. I also got the Design Studio and downloaded some great .cut files. I found one that is on a 12x12 mat but looks like it would fit on the 12x6 mat. Is there anyway to rotate the image so it would fit on the 12x6 mat? I can move individual pieces but I don't think I can get them lined up the same way. Any help??

Thanks!!

pjw2855 08-21-2011 06:32 AM

mzinkspot.....The image you are trying to cut may be 2.5 in the one direction but may be too large for the mat in the other direction. You don't say which image you are trying to cut so there is no way to say for sure. I doubt it's a default in your machine.

Try setting your size dial lower to see if it will fit on the mat.

There is no "repair shop" for the Provo products.

Patti

O2BAKidAgain 08-21-2011 06:38 AM

I hope I'm in the right area... I recently bought the Silhouette and love it so far. But I want to make a banner that is longer than my cutting mat (I would like to make it about 2' long). How do I do this? I only see one size cutting mat.
Help!!! :-)

Hartvillestamper 12-31-2011 05:51 PM

I need some help!

I recently received a Cricut for Christmas (personal size) and was wondering if I can use with it all of the available cartridges. I was recently at JoAnn's and saw some Cricut cartridges that added color and cut? Cricut Imagination maybe? I would appreciate any advice!

gobarb26 12-31-2011 06:58 PM

Answer to your question...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hartvillestamper (Post 19042091)
I recently received a Cricut for Christmas (personal size) and was wondering if I can use with it all of the available cartridges. I was recently at JoAnn's and saw some Cricut cartridges that added color and cut? Cricut Imagination maybe? I would appreciate any advice!

Hi. In answer to your question, I am afraid that you can only use the regular cartridges with you machine. The ones that print and cut are only good on the Imagine and the Cricut Expression 2. However, even with the expression 2, the Imagine carts can only be used to cut as the Expression 2 does not print. Hope this answers your question...:(

Hartvillestamper 12-31-2011 07:57 PM

Yes - your response has been very helpful!

sfiereck 01-20-2012 06:11 PM

Does anyone know if there is a list or website that lists which Cricut cartridge(s) images "match" die cut images sold by Stampin Up / Sizzix? This would help a ton with prepping for classes. Thanks!

lindac007 07-27-2012 11:55 PM

hi all, been trying to locate this link for few days (not easy to find) I got new expressions 2 is their any simple easy to read cheat sheets anywhere to help with using it?

tncduran 10-06-2012 11:03 PM

Can someone HELP! I need to know what software to buy for SVG files. I orginally thought I could buy cuts alot pprogram but now it says it will no longer work with cricut can someone please help me!

I purchased the cricut expression 2

Iluvcards 02-25-2013 03:11 PM

I have the Camp Out cartridge with no tri-fold. Does anyone have this cartridge and willing to scan their tri-fold for me? I tried printing out the one on Cricut.com but it was so small I would need a magnifying glass to look at it. I would pay for a copy. TIA.

lylacfey 02-25-2013 11:16 PM

I don't have the cartridge. I always wanted it but never got around to buying it. I did try to get the Camp Out TriFold bigger for you. Here it is- http://www.cricut.com/res/handbooks/CampoutTrifold.jpg

I hope this works. If you hover over the picture you will see your mouse turns into a magnifying glass with either a - or + sign. If you click it will make the picture bigger or smaller for you. I don't know if that helps any.

Iluvcards 02-26-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfey (Post 20028392)
I don't have the cartridge. I always wanted it but never got around to buying it. I did try to get the Camp Out TriFold bigger for you. Here it is- http://www.cricut.com/res/handbooks/CampoutTrifold.jpg

I hope this works. If you hover over the picture you will see your mouse turns into a magnifying glass with either a - or + sign. If you click it will make the picture bigger or smaller for you. I don't know if that helps any.

I tried this site but it wouldn't print at the larger size. I printed yours and it's a little bigger but not as big as I would like. Thanks for all your help, I'll try to live with this one.

XstitchCowgirl 03-20-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfiereck (Post 19106232)
Does anyone know if there is a list or website that lists which Cricut cartridge(s) images "match" die cut images sold by Stampin Up / Sizzix? This would help a ton with prepping for classes. Thanks!

I would like to know also.

lindac007 03-20-2013 04:23 PM

4 months ago I ask that question on thier website submitted it as product question the respnse I got was it is still in P&D (product development) so there was no list :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfiereck (Post 19106232)

Iluvcards 03-31-2015 10:19 AM

I am thinking about buying a Cricut Explore but need to know a few things first. Do you have to use it with your computer or can I just use cartridges like with the Expression? I'm not interested in using design space or svg's. I just want to use what cartridges I have. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

aryasneedle 04-10-2015 11:01 AM

You need to use a computer connected to the internet. If you are only going to use cartridges this is not the machine for you. :)

Iluvcards 04-10-2015 11:13 AM

Thanks!

sewnmachine 04-12-2015 10:04 AM

I dont own an Explore, so this just an FYI. Apparently the new Explore Air has new operating system requirements necessary to run their internet based software program Design Space.

To anyone considering buying this machine, make sure you understand that you can only use it by being connected to the internet, and for the features to work properly your computer must have the required amount of RAM ,the recommended version of Windows or IOs and a high speed internet connection. It is also recommended that you clear your cache and cookies on a regular basis.

Anyway, just make sure you meet the hardware requirements before you buy.

Go to the cricut website or call their customer service so you know what you're getting in to.

Innocent BySTAMPER 11-29-2015 05:31 AM

Hoping someone here has the "oldies" when it comes to Cricuit machines. I was GIVEN a Cricuit CREATE. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I need some help. I have already used a cartridge to cut out some letters to use on a banner and have browsed around the Design Space but, that is about it. My big question is, "what is the USB connection port for on the back of this machine? I am sure there is more I should be able to use it for but have no books or instructions and the website gives little support for older machines since I am sure they want to push the "bigger, better, best". However, free is the best it gets! Thanks in advance.

Scrapjanny 11-29-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innocent BySTAMPER (Post 21126685)
Hoping someone here has the "oldies" when it comes to Cricuit machines. I was GIVEN a Cricuit CREATE. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I need some help. I have already used a cartridge to cut out some letters to use on a banner and have browsed around the Design Space but, that is about it. My big question is, "what is the USB connection port for on the back of this machine? I am sure there is more I should be able to use it for but have no books or instructions and the website gives little support for older machines since I am sure they want to push the "bigger, better, best". However, free is the best it gets! Thanks in advance.

You use it to connect your Cricut to your computer. Then you go to this address to download the program onto your computer. You have to set up a Cricut account to use it, but it's free. Then you can use the program to design and cut your images, keeping in mind that you must own the cartridge to cut with it. Hope that helps. I have an original Cricut (gifted to my mother), a Cake Mini (the same machine as the Create), and an Expression. You can PM me if you have any specific questions.

Cricut Craft Room - Craftroom - Design Software

sewnmachine 11-29-2015 02:24 PM

If I remember correctly the create had some issues being updated with cricut craft room. Honestly if I were you I wouldn't tempt fate by trying to update your machine. Using the cartridges is far safer than possibly ruining your machine. If you do want to try to update - do it while you're on the phone with customer SUPPORT. But bear in mind that if the update fails your machine is way out of warranty and can't be repaired.
Play it safe and just use cartridges with the features on the machine.
Just sayin.....

stricklandpm 12-02-2015 08:00 AM

Cricut Explore Air opinions wanted

I have Cricut Expression and it is fine except it does a poor job of small and intricate cuts. I got the german blade, played with settings and it is better but not great. It appears that the Circut Explore cuts better than the Expression and even the Silhouette. If I got Explore, will it work with all the cartridges I have? Or do I have to upload them to the web? Or should I just forget Cricut and move on to Silhouette

Mzinkspot 12-02-2015 08:59 AM

I have the Cricut Explore Air and you do have to download your cartridges to the Design Center. There is no place to put the cartridges. I love my Explore Air as I can create on my I-Pad.

Cheryl

stricklandpm 12-07-2015 06:39 AM

My new Cricut Air Explore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzinkspot (Post 21128939)
I have the Cricut Explore Air and you do have to download your cartridges to the Design Center. There is no place to put the cartridges. I love my Explore Air as I can create on my I-Pad.

Cheryl

Thanks for your help! I broke down, took $200 from my little electronic gadgets nest egg, and got the $199 deal from JoAnn. I didn't see any useful bundles - I have all the tools, 3 mats, and way too much paper, plenty of cartridges, and I do not cut or plan to cut vinyl, so I thought a bare bones deal is good enough for me. Can't believe it, I got it Friday night and all I had time to do is download and read the manuals! Maybe tonight!!! I sam crossing my fingers - I have an iMac running Yosemite, new iPad Air and iPhone 5S. It will be interesting to see what works. If any one can point me to some good resources for running Cricut with Mac, I will appreciate it very much.

lovetostamp3 12-07-2015 08:20 PM

I have held off upgrading my current machine because I didn't like being tied to a computer to use my machine, rather than the cartridges.

Please keep us posted as to how you like it, and how well it works. I also would be curious as to the continued support from Cricut/PC with this, since they don't seem to support their other models. Just would hate to invest in something I'm so dependent on PC to use my machine. Sounds like I have Trust Issues, huh?????

lilianalzate 05-05-2018 12:19 PM

I�m making some thank you cards and need first communion images of twins brother and sister, any ideas? Thx!

K. Benko 05-08-2018 09:44 AM

Just bought Cricut Explore Air 2. I ordered monthly subscribe of Fonts from Cricut Access. How do you know where the download is or do they send you a download in emails?

RhodaDesignStudio 07-19-2019 06:24 AM

I had the first version of Cricut (little and cartridge only). Then I upgraded to a Silhouette because I loved being able to design my own cut files.

Now, I am the proud owner of a Cricut Maker and I can say that I use it way more than I ever used my Silhouette. And it cuts beautifully.

Love, love, love that thing!! :)

Rhoda

Scrapjanny 07-19-2019 09:58 AM

I've been thinking about a Cricut Maker, but I'm waiting for the price to go down. It's pretty expensive right now.

Kid_at_heart 11-02-2019 08:22 AM

I know this thread is a few months old now, but I wanted to let you know that Cricut is currently having a sale. I don’t know how much they cost historically as I’ve only been looking since September (when my 10+ year old original Cricut died). But, I just ordered the Cricut Maker with the Everything Materials Bundle for $409 (plus tax, of course). The machine alone was on sale for $349. Right now, they are also offering free shipping if over $99. $409 is a LOT, I know... but, with the Bundle, it seemed like a pretty good deal to me! For only $10 above normal cost of the machine alone, you get a Bundle that is supposed to be worth over $200.
I’m so excited, I can hardly wait until Friday when it is due to arrive. I hope to find a Cricut Maker-specific thread... please advise if there is one. I did look but didn’t really see one, but as I’m not good with Forums, I may have overlooked it.

Scrapjanny 11-03-2019 04:59 AM

@Kid_at_heart : That sounds like a great deal! Have fun with your Maker machine! I'm not sure about any Maker specific groups, but maybe the Cricut website has some links. I'm planning to make some t-shirts for Christmas with the Easy Press that I got for my birthday. I might try it out today.