Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone who has the versamark dazzle frost or and the champagne????

I have bougt both but besides from the normal embossing i dont know what to do with them?

anyone that can help me????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

I have the Dazzle and used it in this card with chalks - I think the sheen came through even though it doesn't show that well in the photo, my stamp club friends loved it: http://allamericanstampers.blogspot....***-it-on.html

And here on Kraft cardstock it looks lovely even without the need to emboss!
http://allamericanstampers.blogspot....9/12/brrr
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use them when I want a tone on tone image with a teeny bit of sheen. It's not super sparkly and is very subtle.

Check out my blog

Here's my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I have them both and am not impressed! They seem to show up more on dark papers, but I guess I expected more from them...Not worth the $$ paid for the pad and reinker IMHO...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
I have them both and am not impressed! They seem to show up more on dark papers, but I guess I expected more from them...Not worth the $$ paid for the pad and reinker IMHO...
I agree. I purchased them when they first came out and have rarely used them since.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Ditto! There was such hype when it came out, so of course I bit and ran right out to buy it. Was so disappointed when I actually stamped with it. I even tried heat embossing with it - even worse results. Save your money, take them back, and buy a regular Versamark pad and reinker. Your money will be much better spent there, IMHO.

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I have them both and love the effect they give on darker paper. I like the results as it is somewhat subtle. I never thought of them for heat embossing. I just like the look as they appear on the paper. I can't figure a color embossing powder I would use if I did heat emboss.

I don't purchase re-inkers, so I didn't see an investment more than any other ink pad.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I agree. I am NOT impressed. They are so not worth the money.

Marcie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

I do not use the champange one at all, but I do like the dazzle if I just want a lil hint of sparkle. they do not show up as much as the regular VersaMark, like I hoped they would.

MY BlogYouTube

Proud to Design for: Scrapbook Blessings Club Craftin Desert Divas Riley & Company Stamps MHK Designs Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Try triple embossing with them using a layer of the ink between each layer of ep. You really get a lovely but subtle shimmer in the tile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

i ll think i ll sell them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have both of the dazzle embossing pads along with the regular one. I love all 3 for different reasons and uses. Regular versamark does a better tone on tone effect but the dazzle pads have a great amount of shimmer to it. They do work better on darker paper for tone on tone with shimmer. I have tried embossing with the dazzle pads but found heat embossing seemed to take alot of the shimmer out of it. I think for the 6 dollars I spent on the dazzle pads was worth every penny and would buy again in a heartbeat!

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Shimmerz does have alot more shimmer but it is also a paint where versamark dazzle is an only a (barely) tinted embossing pad. I feel it like comparing apples and oranges IMHO. I also love Shimmerz and own lots of different colors.

I also never waste $$ on a reinker till I know I love the ink product. I do realize that buying an ink pad and reinker at the same time seems to be the norm for some people especially people in love with SU. I have seem outrageous prices of dazzle pads being sold in some stores (ex. $11.00) but I always look for the lowest price, due to the terrible economic state of the US and no ones actually knows if they will have a job come tomorrow (unless you are military). I almost always buy with coupons/sales or from discount online stores with free shipping (if you buy a certain $). I do realize some people don't like to buy from discount stores it is always the same product just alot cheaper. I also don't jump on every bandwagon that comes my way- I wait and research product reviews then make my decision based 50/50 on what a review says and what I want to use try doing with such product. Everyone always has different points of view on products but when something only costs a few dollars, I find if I want to try the product I do because really what is just a couple dollars... I have never bought an ink pad that cost me over 9 dollars ever and I won't ever..

If you already purchased these ink pads .. give them a try with different techniques before making the decision to sell.. You never know you might actually like these ink pads. They do give a shimmery sheen on darker cardstock and work well with every technique you can use with a regular versamark pad on. I can't imagine buying something and before even giving them a try making the decision to sell them. You don't even know if you like them because a few people on here said they don't like them. I for one make the decision if I like something or not by trying them, not by reading someone else doesn't like them and assuming I won't either. Honestly, how do you know you don't like these dazzle embossing pads? You took your time to purchase them, them spend hard earned money on them (ok I am assuming it is hard earned money (smile)) just to read a few people say they don't live up to their name and then decide to sell them without inking up 1 stamp or trying a couple techniques with them. I guess it is just me, but I can't imagine buying something not trying it and taking up even more of my precious time to sell them. My money and time is too important to me.. All I am asking is to try these out before making a decision..

I wrote this IMO and I am not trying to offend anyone- I just am trying to make a point to try products before just selling them off. I know someone is going to fuss at me and say I am being rude, I am just trying to make a point that everyone has different opinions on products and yes sometimes I do ask opinion on products in this forum but I also accept them with a grain of salt knowing my opinion may differ then theirs.

ok.. who is going to fuss at me first.... (smiling)

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena74View Post
Shimmerz does have alot more shimmer but it is also a paint where versamark dazzle is an only a (barely) tinted embossing pad. I feel it like comparing apples and oranges IMHO. I also love Shimmerz and own lots of different colors.

I also never waste $$ on a reinker till I know I love the ink product. I do realize that buying an ink pad and reinker at the same time seems to be the norm for some people especially people in love with SU. I have seem outrageous prices of dazzle pads being sold in some stores (ex. $11.00) but I always look for the lowest price, due to the terrible economic state of the US and no ones actually knows if they will have a job come tomorrow (unless you are military). I almost always buy with coupons/sales or from discount online stores with free shipping (if you buy a certain $). I do realize some people don't like to buy from discount stores it is always the same product just alot cheaper. I also don't jump on every bandwagon that comes my way- I wait and research product reviews then make my decision based 50/50 on what a review says and what I want to use try doing with such product. Everyone always has different points of view on products but when something only costs a few dollars, I find if I want to try the product I do because really what is just a couple dollars... I have never bought an ink pad that cost me over 9 dollars ever and I won't ever..

If you already purchased these ink pads .. give them a try with different techniques before making the decision to sell.. You never know you might actually like these ink pads. They do give a shimmery sheen on darker cardstock and work well with every technique you can use with a regular versamark pad on. I can't imagine buying something and before even giving them a try making the decision to sell them. You don't even know if you like them because a few people on here said they don't like them. I for one make the decision if I like something or not by trying them, not by reading someone else doesn't like them and assuming I won't either. Honestly, how do you know you don't like these dazzle embossing pads? You took your time to purchase them, them spend hard earned money on them (ok I am assuming it is hard earned money (smile)) just to read a few people say they don't live up to their name and then decide to sell them without inking up 1 stamp or trying a couple techniques with them. I guess it is just me, but I can't imagine buying something not trying it and taking up even more of my precious time to sell them. My money and time is too important to me.. All I am asking is to try these out before making a decision..

I wrote this IMO and I am not trying to offend anyone- I just am trying to make a point to try products before just selling them off. I know someone is going to fuss at me and say I am being rude, I am just trying to make a point that everyone has different opinions on products and yes sometimes I do ask opinion on products in this forum but I also accept them with a grain of salt knowing my opinion may differ then theirs.

ok.. who is going to fuss at me first.... (smiling)

Sheena
I have tried them, i wouldnt go along with what ppl say, but i m not impressecd on what they do thts why i asked ppl in here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

and shimmerz, u are aware of that being a totally different product than versamark frost and champagne......................................... ..........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I feel fortunate to work at a scrapbooking store and so when new things like these come out, I am actually able to use them in store demos. I am not terribly impressed with Dazzle or Champagne...the sparkle or shimmer isn't that pronounced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Not worth the money, I too bought them when they first came out, I'll use them, cuz I got them, but I wish I had known before- what I know now about them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra HoggView Post
Not worth the money, I too bought them when they first came out, I'll use them, cuz I got them, but I wish I had known before- what I know now about them.
I agree - not enough shimmer for me so I use mine like a regular veramark.

ninajeanette2 - I agree with what you are saying about buying products based on others reviews and making up your own mind on what to/not to buy. For every person that likes a product there are others that hate it. I for one, seem to be on the outside as to what I think really works. It is all about perception and indivdual stamping techniques.

Before I put a product in the goodwill bin, I give it a good try and will work with it to try to find a way to make it useful for me. However, there are times when I just can't get the results I want no matter how much I try what others have done. Sometimes I do wonder about the reviews but I figure my expectations must be too high. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes