Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   anyone who has the versamark dazzle frost or and the champagne???? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/anyone-who-has-versamark-dazzle-frost-champagne-480928/)

ninajeanette2 02-18-2010 11:50 AM

anyone who has the versamark dazzle frost or and the champagne????

I have bougt both but besides from the normal embossing i dont know what to do with them?

anyone that can help me????

allamericanstampers 02-18-2010 12:33 PM

I have the Dazzle and used it in this card with chalks - I think the sheen came through even though it doesn't show that well in the photo, my stamp club friends loved it: http://allamericanstampers.blogspot....***-it-on.html

And here on Kraft cardstock it looks lovely even without the need to emboss!
http://allamericanstampers.blogspot....9/12/brrr.html

kathat 02-18-2010 03:58 PM

I use them when I want a tone on tone image with a teeny bit of sheen. It's not super sparkly and is very subtle.

kphorse 02-18-2010 06:18 PM

I have them both and am not impressed! They seem to show up more on dark papers, but I guess I expected more from them...Not worth the $$ paid for the pad and reinker IMHO...

gails 02-18-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse (Post 16162670)
I have them both and am not impressed! They seem to show up more on dark papers, but I guess I expected more from them...Not worth the $$ paid for the pad and reinker IMHO...

I agree. I purchased them when they first came out and have rarely used them since.

garkarlon 02-18-2010 07:12 PM

Ditto! There was such hype when it came out, so of course I bit and ran right out to buy it. Was so disappointed when I actually stamped with it. I even tried heat embossing with it - even worse results. Save your money, take them back, and buy a regular Versamark pad and reinker. Your money will be much better spent there, IMHO.

Quote:

pjw2855 02-18-2010 08:50 PM

I have them both and love the effect they give on darker paper. I like the results as it is somewhat subtle. I never thought of them for heat embossing. I just like the look as they appear on the paper. I can't figure a color embossing powder I would use if I did heat emboss.

I don't purchase re-inkers, so I didn't see an investment more than any other ink pad.

Patti

homestead 02-18-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

I agree. I am NOT impressed. They are so not worth the money.

scrapper79 02-18-2010 09:59 PM

I do not use the champange one at all, but I do like the dazzle if I just want a lil hint of sparkle. they do not show up as much as the regular VersaMark, like I hoped they would.

suplayingwithpaper 02-19-2010 07:40 AM

Try triple embossing with them using a layer of the ink between each layer of ep. You really get a lovely but subtle shimmer in the tile.

ninajeanette2 02-19-2010 01:46 PM

i ll think i ll sell them

Sheena74 02-20-2010 08:23 AM

I have both of the dazzle embossing pads along with the regular one. I love all 3 for different reasons and uses. Regular versamark does a better tone on tone effect but the dazzle pads have a great amount of shimmer to it. They do work better on darker paper for tone on tone with shimmer. I have tried embossing with the dazzle pads but found heat embossing seemed to take alot of the shimmer out of it. I think for the 6 dollars I spent on the dazzle pads was worth every penny and would buy again in a heartbeat!

Sheena

Sheena74 02-20-2010 10:03 AM

Shimmerz does have alot more shimmer but it is also a paint where versamark dazzle is an only a (barely) tinted embossing pad. I feel it like comparing apples and oranges IMHO. I also love Shimmerz and own lots of different colors.

I also never waste $$ on a reinker till I know I love the ink product. I do realize that buying an ink pad and reinker at the same time seems to be the norm for some people especially people in love with SU. I have seem outrageous prices of dazzle pads being sold in some stores (ex. $11.00) but I always look for the lowest price, due to the terrible economic state of the US and no ones actually knows if they will have a job come tomorrow (unless you are military). I almost always buy with coupons/sales or from discount online stores with free shipping (if you buy a certain $). I do realize some people don't like to buy from discount stores it is always the same product just alot cheaper. I also don't jump on every bandwagon that comes my way- I wait and research product reviews then make my decision based 50/50 on what a review says and what I want to use try doing with such product. Everyone always has different points of view on products but when something only costs a few dollars, I find if I want to try the product I do because really what is just a couple dollars... I have never bought an ink pad that cost me over 9 dollars ever and I won't ever..

If you already purchased these ink pads .. give them a try with different techniques before making the decision to sell.. You never know you might actually like these ink pads. They do give a shimmery sheen on darker cardstock and work well with every technique you can use with a regular versamark pad on. I can't imagine buying something and before even giving them a try making the decision to sell them. You don't even know if you like them because a few people on here said they don't like them. I for one make the decision if I like something or not by trying them, not by reading someone else doesn't like them and assuming I won't either. Honestly, how do you know you don't like these dazzle embossing pads? You took your time to purchase them, them spend hard earned money on them (ok I am assuming it is hard earned money (smile)) just to read a few people say they don't live up to their name and then decide to sell them without inking up 1 stamp or trying a couple techniques with them. I guess it is just me, but I can't imagine buying something not trying it and taking up even more of my precious time to sell them. My money and time is too important to me.. All I am asking is to try these out before making a decision..

I wrote this IMO and I am not trying to offend anyone- I just am trying to make a point to try products before just selling them off. I know someone is going to fuss at me and say I am being rude, I am just trying to make a point that everyone has different opinions on products and yes sometimes I do ask opinion on products in this forum but I also accept them with a grain of salt knowing my opinion may differ then theirs.

ok.. who is going to fuss at me first.... (smiling)

Sheena

ninajeanette2 02-20-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena74 (Post 16172870)
Shimmerz does have alot more shimmer but it is also a paint where versamark dazzle is an only a (barely) tinted embossing pad. I feel it like comparing apples and oranges IMHO. I also love Shimmerz and own lots of different colors.

I also never waste $$ on a reinker till I know I love the ink product. I do realize that buying an ink pad and reinker at the same time seems to be the norm for some people especially people in love with SU. I have seem outrageous prices of dazzle pads being sold in some stores (ex. $11.00) but I always look for the lowest price, due to the terrible economic state of the US and no ones actually knows if they will have a job come tomorrow (unless you are military). I almost always buy with coupons/sales or from discount online stores with free shipping (if you buy a certain $). I do realize some people don't like to buy from discount stores it is always the same product just alot cheaper. I also don't jump on every bandwagon that comes my way- I wait and research product reviews then make my decision based 50/50 on what a review says and what I want to use try doing with such product. Everyone always has different points of view on products but when something only costs a few dollars, I find if I want to try the product I do because really what is just a couple dollars... I have never bought an ink pad that cost me over 9 dollars ever and I won't ever..

If you already purchased these ink pads .. give them a try with different techniques before making the decision to sell.. You never know you might actually like these ink pads. They do give a shimmery sheen on darker cardstock and work well with every technique you can use with a regular versamark pad on. I can't imagine buying something and before even giving them a try making the decision to sell them. You don't even know if you like them because a few people on here said they don't like them. I for one make the decision if I like something or not by trying them, not by reading someone else doesn't like them and assuming I won't either. Honestly, how do you know you don't like these dazzle embossing pads? You took your time to purchase them, them spend hard earned money on them (ok I am assuming it is hard earned money (smile)) just to read a few people say they don't live up to their name and then decide to sell them without inking up 1 stamp or trying a couple techniques with them. I guess it is just me, but I can't imagine buying something not trying it and taking up even more of my precious time to sell them. My money and time is too important to me.. All I am asking is to try these out before making a decision..

I wrote this IMO and I am not trying to offend anyone- I just am trying to make a point to try products before just selling them off. I know someone is going to fuss at me and say I am being rude, I am just trying to make a point that everyone has different opinions on products and yes sometimes I do ask opinion on products in this forum but I also accept them with a grain of salt knowing my opinion may differ then theirs.

ok.. who is going to fuss at me first.... (smiling)

Sheena

I have tried them, i wouldnt go along with what ppl say, but i m not impressecd on what they do thts why i asked ppl in here

ninajeanette2 02-23-2010 01:27 PM

and shimmerz, u are aware of that being a totally different product than versamark frost and champagne......................................... ..........

catxnmks 02-23-2010 02:16 PM

I feel fortunate to work at a scrapbooking store and so when new things like these come out, I am actually able to use them in store demos. I am not terribly impressed with Dazzle or Champagne...the sparkle or shimmer isn't that pronounced.

Debra Hogg 02-24-2010 03:27 PM

Not worth the money, I too bought them when they first came out, I'll use them, cuz I got them, but I wish I had known before- what I know now about them.

stamphappy1650 02-25-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra Hogg (Post 16201482)
Not worth the money, I too bought them when they first came out, I'll use them, cuz I got them, but I wish I had known before- what I know now about them.

I agree - not enough shimmer for me so I use mine like a regular veramark.

ninajeanette2 - I agree with what you are saying about buying products based on others reviews and making up your own mind on what to/not to buy. For every person that likes a product there are others that hate it. I for one, seem to be on the outside as to what I think really works. It is all about perception and indivdual stamping techniques.

Before I put a product in the goodwill bin, I give it a good try and will work with it to try to find a way to make it useful for me. However, there are times when I just can't get the results I want no matter how much I try what others have done. Sometimes I do wonder about the reviews but I figure my expectations must be too high. :rolleyes: