Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink being discontinued?

I have looked everywhere I can think of for Colorbox Fluid chalk ind pads and refills and most places only have one or two colors or none . Even Rusty at Oozak only has one color (brown) and it is on clearance .

It is not shown on the Clearsnap site either

Is Clearsnap discontinuing this ?

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Barbara,

Have you looked at Scrapbooking Warehouse? They have the cat's eye pads.

Robin

Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

And here's the Clearsnap page

Fluid Chalk Ink

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

You can find the Colorbox fluid Chalk Cat's Eye at Joann in assorted colors (you can also catch them on sale when the site offers free shipping)

https://www.joann.com/colorbox-fluid...%2Bink&start=5

also Hobby Lobby carries them as well ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I have checked all the resources mentioned here. Most places have a couple of colors no one has most of the popular colors.

Joanns has the most colors but only in Cat's eye size, no colors I want and no reinkers for any color . Even Amazon has one color (Roan Brown) and no refills .
This is why I wonder if they are being discontinued.

I am going to contact Clear Snap on Monday to see where I get the colors I want . I have gone through the list of online sellers from the Clear Snap site and many of those stores do not have any fluid chalk ink in any color .

On Marcos Paper site is says that Last March VersaMagic discontinued most of their colors of chalk ink . sigh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 10:54 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbinbobbinView Post
And here's the Clearsnap page

Fluid Chalk Ink

Robin
Clear Snap shows all the colors on their site , but the on-line stores they list do not have most of the colors and some stores listed have nothing in Fluid Chalk ink .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frantic Fran is the only place I find any selection of fluid chalk. Limited selection of full pads, cat's eyes, queues, option pads & reinkers. Maybe you can find what you want/need there.

I suspected it was being discontinued last year when joann.com only had really cut back on pads & reinkers. Stocked up on reinkers wherever I could find them. My ebay source is down to only one color now. So glad I did.

http://www.franticstamper.com/search...13&search.y=16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 04:09 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is not good. I have emailed them to ask. I love this ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Well, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. No, it is not being discontinued. Here's the email I got from them:

Dear Robin,

Thank you for your email. Our ColorBox Chalk ink is still one of our best-selling products and is not being discontinued. Each year we review sales for all products in all formats and may discontinue slower selling items, but we usually add new colors too every 12 – 18 months. For the current selection of Chalk Ink colors and formats please visit our web site ClearSnap�. There is a store locator page and a list of on-line retailers carrying our products there too.

If you have a favorite web site or store that you shop regularly, feel free to ask for our products. Many retailers decide what to carry based on consumer demand, so if they know there’s interest they may be willing to carry the products. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

Melinda

Melinda Johnson | Sales Support

I, for one, am happy to hear this. I love this ink. !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Hello,

Colorbox Chalk ink is alive and well!

Clearsnap does have a store locator on the site however, Clearsnap has no way of knowing which stores have ordered from distributors rather than directly through Clearsnap. Those stores would not be listed on the website.

You can find the Cat's Eyes on major sites like Amazon or A Cherry On Top as well as your local retailers.

It's always a good idea to ask your local store for the product so that they are aware you are looking for that product. I'd say check with your favorite craft retailer and see if they will order the refills and colors you are looking for. Have your local store contact their favorite distributor to order.

The shipping for an individual Cat's Eye inkpad from an online store is a bit much so the best deal is to purchase a Colorbox Cat's Eye Queue (a stack of 6 Cat's Eyes) or a full size inkpad. You might have noticed most of the online stores offer the Queues for this reason.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I contacted "123 Stitch" and Cheri got back to me and said the Colorbox Fluid chalk ink is no longer available from their distributor. I am going to contact Clear snap.
Barbara

UPDATE : I just contacted Clear Snap. The woman I spoke to said Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks are now "custom orders". A merchant or distributor must order 6 or more pads or reinkers of EACH color they want regardless of the dollar amount of their order .

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 01-26-2016 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Oh, that puts a different spin on it. No wonder it's getting harder to find. A vendor has to order half a dozen of a color to get it. Why would Clearsnap do that if, as my contact said, is "one of our best selling products"? Makes no sense. Although it also does seem odd that a vendor wouldn't want to have at least 6 pads of any color in.

Frantic Stamper has a lot of the full size pads, but not all of them. (I buy the full size pads. I have never bought the cats eyes.)

Last edited by Rachelrose; 01-26-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #13  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Barb, I don't know if you still want to buy ink pads based on the info you got from ClearSnap, but if you want to get reinkers for pads that you already own, I suggest that you set up a search on eBay. I've done that to get reinkers for ink pads/reinkers that are hard-to-get and had good success. You do have to exercise patience, however, because you've got to wait for a listing to match your search and that could take a while or maybe not happen at all, but it's worth a shot IMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
It is normal for companies to sell their items in lots of 6 or 12 or whatever. I used to have a wholesale license and don't remember any companies selling one at a time. Everything was subject to minimum quantities.
I never had a business but this is what I thought too. Distributors for small businesses like Darice or others have smaller minimums. I worked at a Craft store after I retired and remember one of our Distributors had a 3 product minimum. Maybe there is more to the story than just minimum orders.

I don't have an e-Bay account and don't want to get into chasing one reinker or ink pad after another. It would cost too much with postage . Maybe I will stumble on a store that sells all the Colorbox Fluid Ink colors in pads and reinkers.
Oozak has all the colors in Distress , Memento and Copic . He may have some colors on back order but he stocks all of them . Maybe there is a store like that for Fluid Chalk ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 07:07 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I tried to find some refill inks and noticed that some of the online stores have "discontinuing" on the chalk ink colors. I went to Clearsnap and some of their pages say "While Quantities Last" which tells me they are either retiring the refills and some of the styles of chalk ink pads. I emailed to ask what is going on. I love chalk inks but I'm not going to buy them if I have to buy a new pad when the color runs out. I'm putting now....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm thinking there was an announcement several years ago that Shelly from Stampin' Up and her husband had purchased that company but were keeping it separate from the family business. Shortly after that the chalk inks started showing up in the catalog sometimes........?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockybetaView Post
I'm thinking there was an announcement several years ago that Shelly from Stampin' Up and her husband had purchased that company but were keeping it separate from the family business. Shortly after that the chalk inks started showing up in the catalog sometimes........?
Yes, I remember that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,127 Likes on 508 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I tried to find some refill inks and noticed that some of the online stores have "discontinuing" on the chalk ink colors. I went to Clearsnap and some of their pages say "While Quantities Last" which tells me they are either retiring the refills and some of the styles of chalk ink pads. I emailed to ask what is going on. I love chalk inks but I'm not going to buy them if I have to buy a new pad when the color runs out. I'm putting now....
Let us know if you hear back!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

Wow - I got a speedy reply:

Refills are still available however in qty 6 each. We have pretty much phased out them unless ordered in that qty. A couple great places to find our refills is Poly Clay Play, Sierra Enterprises, and Gary M. Burlin. All online sites.

I checked all the sites they listed and Poly Clay Play had the best selection but it's still not that great. Rats! I found a few refills at Art Supplies - Framing & Brushes, Crafts & Easels | ArtistSupplySource so I was able to buy my creamy brown refill.

I guess this will be it for me on ColorBox chalk pads once my refills run out. I need to start searching for a replacement pad with a similar finish. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #20  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

I guess this will be it for me on ColorBox chalk pads once my refills run out. I need to start searching for a replacement pad with a similar finish. Any ideas?
Imagine Crafts website looks like VersaMagic (the chalk ink that I use) is still available in Dew Drops: https://www.imaginecrafts.com/versamagic.

I checked and Marco Paper has VersaMagic reinkers available. You can find the reinkers and also the info from 2015 re: the status of VersaMagic here: http://www.marcopaper.com/products.p...Magic-Reinkers

Last edited by QueenOfInkland; 01-16-2017 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The site www.scrapbook.com and a A Cherry on Top: The World's Largest Selection of Craft Supplies still sell Colorbox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 03:06 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,127 Likes on 508 Posts

Quote:

Wow - I got a speedy reply:

Refills are still available however in qty 6 each. We have pretty much phased out them unless ordered in that qty. A couple great places to find our refills is Poly Clay Play, Sierra Enterprises, and Gary M. Burlin. All online sites.
This makes sense if they're focusing more on getting the product to stores, since they don't have a retail site. What about the pads though?
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2017, 06:18 AM   #23  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
This makes sense if they're focusing more on getting the product to stores, since they don't have a retail site. What about the pads though?
I'm still finding pads on multiple sites in a variety of sizes and they ColorBox is adding new chalk colors. IMHO I think the only problem is getting refills. Since most sites wouldn't want too have a large stock on hand of refills it sounds like they really want to focus on just selling pads.

Sometimes our stamp convention has a vendor that sells a lot of refills so I'll be hitting them up this spring. Maybe I'll get lucky

Nerys, I checked Cherry On Top and they on have 3 refill colors available.

Queen of Inkland, I have a couple of VersaMagic and I like them so that will be my replacement. Thanks for the reminder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #24  
Cardstock Collector

Default colorbox chalk refills

PolyClayPlay has many refill colors. Trish from PolyClayPlay is a treasure.
Hitt Marking also has refills.

Clearsnap, the maker of Colorbox, is willing to work with their wholesale companies to provide other colors. Both PolyClayPlay and Hitt Marking were willing to order other colors.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #25  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seems impossible to get in Australia these days. Clearsnap has a minimum order and stores here don't want to. No luck in finding online either. Bought a new pad of my beloved Charcoal recently, so now I have 2 pads, no refill. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

I sell just about any color refill of ClearSnap inks and I don't make you buy 6. If you visit my site and don't find a color you are looking for, send me a note and I'll see if I can get it for you.

I'm not able to post the url because I am new to this forum but you can figure it out from my store name below. Just add .com

Trish
PolyClayPlay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

I sell just about any color refill of ClearSnap inks and I don't make you buy 6. If you visit my site and don't find a color you are looking for, send me a note and I'll see if I can get it for you. You can find me at the store below... just add .com

Trish
PolyClayPlay
Reply With Quote Likes