Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Cleaning Clear Stamps

Before I use Stazon on my clear stamps, what do I use to clean the stamp afterwards? I have both cleaners for 'clear stamps' AND 'Stazon'. Will the Stazon cleaner damage the clear stamp? Will the clear stamp cleaner remove the Stazon? When learning ask the experts. . . . ladies, I need your advice. Thanks . . . .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Good question. I hope someone knows. I've been to classes where the clear stamps are always used with the staz on and they look horrible. I've always just avoided the combination of the two for home use. Where did you find the clear stamp cleaner? Does it work better than regular stamp cleaner?

-Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I use Ultraclean on both my clear and rubber stamps. It works GREAT! I never use StazOn on my clear stamps. I use chalk inks and Versafine. Versafine Onyx Black is a very good waterproof ink for clear stamps.

You can get Ulraclean at www.ginakdesigns.com. The 2oz. size has the spray gizmo. The 15oz. refill bottle does not.

HTH

Last edited by kitty14; 03-20-2009 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I second Ultraclean. It is marvelous. I bought a used stamp on Ebay that was very badly stained and the Ultraclean made it look like new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Stazon will stain your clear stamps, and the cleaners you need to use to get the stain off will damage the stamps.

If you need to use Stazon and your clear stamps for a project, just be prepared for the stamps to stay stained.

It actually isn't bad for the clear stamps to be stained, I think. It makes them much easier to see.

Stains on any of my stamps don't bother me, but I know some people are very concerned about it.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks ladies. Looks like I need to go shopping for Versafine an Ultraclean. Sure like the idea of a spray. I only just started stamping but I've had the clear stamp cleaner for years. It was demonstrated with the clear stamps which were just coming out. It's by "Technique Tuesday". I've never used it, only because I haven't used any of my clear stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

i always cleaned my clear stamps with soap and water... i hope this isn't killing them slowly LOL
-laura s
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Default UltraClean

I was very glad to see the positive reports for a product that cleans stamps! I've used several different brands over the years and none of them seemed particularly outstanding. Unfortunately, the UltraClean at the GinaK site is out of stock right now. I'll check back later to see if they've restocked.

Another question about this product....how does it do with Versamark on stamps? Despite how carefully I clean my stamps or rollers once I've used my Versamark, it still gets sticky and really ugly looking. It still works just fine, but it's hard to look at!

Thanks for your tips....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55View Post
I was very glad to see the positive reports for a product that cleans stamps! I've used several different brands over the years and none of them seemed particularly outstanding. Unfortunately, the UltraClean at the GinaK site is out of stock right now. I'll check back later to see if they've restocked.

Another question about this product....how does it do with Versamark on stamps? Despite how carefully I clean my stamps or rollers once I've used my Versamark, it still gets sticky and really ugly looking. It still works just fine, but it's hard to look at!

Thanks for your tips....
Ranger have released a clear stamp cleaner, code: ink23548 which is non-toxic and acid free. I haven't tried it yet - still waiting for it to arrive by mail. Here in Australia, it is $8.95 and is available from http://www.stampit.com.au/view/128/ I assume it would be available in the USA. Once I receive it, I will try it out and post here and let you know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Thanks for your tips....
I have just this minute cleaned my 6 pt letters on my JustRite stamp (these things are tiny) using a toothbrush to get into the tinier cavities of the letters. The Ultraclean does a beautiful job and no stickiness left. I just use a little mild soap after the Ultraclean as it has a slightly greasy feeling to it and then I rinse with water. Beautiful every time. I bought the big bottle but sometimes I wish I had the little spray one too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Thanks for your tips....
It works great on Versamark, too. These are good to help both dry the stamp after cleaning and to get into all those little crevices. Have you tried these?
http://www.stewartsuperior.com/html/stamp_cleaners.html

Look down to Stamp Scrubber. I would suggest the double one, that way you could spray the Ultraclean on one side, scrub you stamp and then DRY the stamp on the other pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by gram.e.bearView Post
Before I use Stazon on my clear stamps, what do I use to clean the stamp afterwards? I have both cleaners for 'clear stamps' AND 'Stazon'. Will the Stazon cleaner damage the clear stamp? Will the clear stamp cleaner remove the Stazon? When learning ask the experts. . . . ladies, I need your advice. Thanks . . . .
Hi I use no alchohol baby wipes and I have never had a problem with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 07:12 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I have heard that both the Stazon inks and the Stazon stamp cleaner can be harmful to clear stamps.

There are so many other inks and cleaners available, why take the chance?

For ink, there is Versafine, available in many colors, Chalk inks, Memento inks and others.

For a stamp cleaner, why not try ULTRACLEAN by Stewart Superior? It is safe for both rubber and clear stamps. Plus, it conditions as well as cleans the stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Default Cleaning Clear Stamps

Subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut14View Post
Subbing
Sorry for being a bit dolly..............what does this mean?:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes