Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Cling Stamps

So i recently read through another thread here that dealt with cheap dies from china. I am wondering if anyone has tried the cheap cling stamps from china as well.

I am not for ripping off american designs or companies. However the savings are significant. Also the other thing i notice is they dont seem to worry about angel policies that way either.

I am not looking for a workaround angel policies rather just a path that doesnt have them. There are some companies that are happy to work with you when reasonable but others are not.

So why not pay less and not have that hassle if you want to sell some cards.

I would be curious to hear what others experience are with this.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 01:47 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I've bought a lot of the cheap dies, and not been disappointed in them. There is a post of my blog about them if you are interested. As for the stamps, that could be a whole other story. Simply put,if we are talking about clear cling stamps, unfortunately, not all are the same quality. Some are photopolymer, which is what you want, some are acrylic, which are soft, squishy and will not last as long.Often fail to give a good impression as well. I'd look closely at the description- do they say what material they are made from? And remember that the stuff is often being sold by a number of different sellers, and not everyone's stamps will be from the same material.
Failing that, all I can suggest is buy one and see. If they are as cheap as the dies are, then it's worth the trial.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Well that is an interesting question about material.

So in the description it says rubber. In the very brief one word answer section of material it says PVC. And in the description it says silicone.

Now as you said there may be different sellers with different materials but that was one i had seen.

I did read through the china die discussion which is what made me think about the cling stamps as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just looked through ebay for cling stamps from China and checked out some of the selections.

They are so inexpensive, and most have free shipping. I would say place an order for a couple sets that you like, and then just try them out and see how you like them.

When I first started this hobby, Michaels always had sets of clear stamps that were in the $1 bin. I bought lots of them and always liked using them. I've had them for quite a few years and still get them out and use them occasionally. They stamp just fine, and they only cost a dollar to begin with.

I like to have a variety of stamps to choose from, and get tired of images pretty quickly and want new ones. The stamps I have don't have to last for my lifetime, lol, just until I get bored with using them.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I just placed an order for some dies and a few stamps from wish.com - I can let you know how they stamp once I get them. I won't be getting them until around Valentine's Day, though they have all shipped so it may be sooner. They were so dirt cheap I couldn't pass them up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by krprice70View Post
I just placed an order for some dies and a few stamps from wish.com - I can let you know how they stamp once I get them. I won't be getting them until around Valentine's Day, though they have all shipped so it may be sooner. They were so dirt cheap I couldn't pass them up.
Is that from ebay or a wish.com website? Wondering if same stamps that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I ordered directly from wish.com website....they took paypal so I'm covered that way. I had ordered some other things for my daughter's xmas stocking & 1 item never showed up & they promptly put the credit back on my card. I just wish you could track it better. I'm not a patient person - I want to play with my goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

were your stamps silicone as well?

I like trying to push my creativeness by finding ways to do things on a budget. So looking at these stamps on ebay got me thinking.

Even looked at whether i could make my own cling stamps using photopolymers as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Wish.com demands that I sign in before seeing what they have. I won't shop that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
Wish.com demands that I sign in before seeing what they have. I won't shop that way.
I agree with you. I don't shop sites like that either.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

I bought some fairy silhouette stamps from eBay took a while to arrive but they stamp great. They are quite thin so don't know how long they would last but only paid $1 for full sheet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfehnelView Post
were your stamps silicone as well?

I like trying to push my creativeness by finding ways to do things on a budget. So looking at these stamps on ebay got me thinking.

Even looked at whether i could make my own cling stamps using photopolymers as well.
Yes they are silicone stamps. If you have metal dies and some fun foam you can make your own stamps.

Last edited by krprice70; 01-26-2017 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: Spell checked
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2017, 02:56 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I, too, don't like sites that force a sign-up before you can look. Call me bad, but I set up a completely fake account. If I decide to shop (hasn't happened yet), I will create an account with my real info.

I will say that I just took a l-o-n-g look at wish.com and found several items of interest. I think my search term was craft supplies because I couldn't figure out a way to get stamps to come up. Some had strange descriptions:

For some markers: Mark pen is a writing or painting special color drawing pen, ink itself contains, and is usually accompanied by a pen cap usually have hard pen. Mark pen's pigment is volatile, used for a one-time quick drawing. Often make use of design items, advertising slogans, posters or other art creation. It is usually used to express the design concept, as well as the use of the design effect diagram. There are three kinds of single head and double head, the ink is divided into alcohol, oil and water. It can express the effect quickly. It is one of the most important drawing tools.

no software of plotters needed
For shaping cream

The above were from a stamp set made of "soft plastic" .

I think for some of the prices I saw on a few items, I'd take a chance but certainly not on those markers or the soft plastic stamps. ;-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2017, 05:06 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
I, too, don't like sites that force a sign-up before you can look. Call me bad, but I set up a completely fake account. If I decide to shop (hasn't happened yet), I will create an account with my real info.

I will say that I just took a l-o-n-g look at wish.com and found several items of interest. I think my search term was craft supplies because I couldn't figure out a way to get stamps to come up. Some had strange descriptions:

For some markers: Mark pen is a writing or painting special color drawing pen, ink itself contains, and is usually accompanied by a pen cap usually have hard pen. Mark pen's pigment is volatile, used for a one-time quick drawing. Often make use of design items, advertising slogans, posters or other art creation. It is usually used to express the design concept, as well as the use of the design effect diagram. There are three kinds of single head and double head, the ink is divided into alcohol, oil and water. It can express the effect quickly. It is one of the most important drawing tools.

no software of plotters needed
For shaping cream

The above were from a stamp set made of "soft plastic" .

I think for some of the prices I saw on a few items, I'd take a chance but certainly not on those markers or the soft plastic stamps. ;-)
This is a classic illustration of "lost in translation", lol! My ex-husband was a translator for NSA (National Security Agency) before he decided to try to be a rock star instead (had the talent, not the temperament), and what you are trying to read here is someone who speaks a bit of English trying to translate the Chinese literally...

My best guess is that - although the description raises an eyebrow or two - the products themselves are fairly typical. The marker description makes me think that they are trying to say that they have "sketch" markers (one-time quick drawing") and there are twin tip or single tip ("single head and double head") in three styles - probably bullet, chisel, and brush. Apparently they have several formulas, as well - water, oil or alcohol-based...

The "soft plastic" is most likely a form of acrylic...

Depending on the price point, they are probably not that big a risk. I've got so much unused stuff in my room already that I'm not even tempted to go look - especially if you have to sign in to do so. I'd be interested to see what the experience is for those of you who purchase any of these items...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2017, 06:41 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

checked out wish.com - When a site requires I log in I give them false information. They have some interesting things but I checked reviews and they are a San Francisco based company with an F rating. I think I'll pass.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

could someone post a link to the china stamp sets that you've found on ebay? I havent had much luck searching them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Linda, there should be a "HAHA" button like on Facebook, for that description. Do they never think to ask someone who actually speaks English for help? !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
could someone post a link to the china stamp sets that you've found on ebay? I havent had much luck searching them out.

I searched ebay for cling stamps from China and got quite a few hits:

cling stamps from china | eBay

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

you sure did!thank you. I wasn't phrasing the search correctly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2017, 03:08 AM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

********** also has the more affordable chinese stamps and dies, and you can see their inventory without logging in. I've ordered a few stamps and many dies from **********. I am and am very happy with the dies - But I did find the stamps took lots of TLC to get an even image - and they stained with water based ink. But - for the price i couldn't pass up the deal - and have already gone back shopping for more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 02:53 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I looked through some of the sets on **********... I saw some that looked very familiar, and are probably violating copyright... I'd rather support the original artists than save a little money, just as a matter of principle. As a licensed artist, I know how much it means to me. I'm not fond of silicone or acrylic stamps either - they're too squishy to get a good impression.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 06:29 AM   #22  
Glitter Queen

That makes sense dini, and i agree i understand why choosing photopolymer over silicone over acrylic is important when you want a good image.

You bring up copyright violations. I can definitely get behind that idea as well but with some reservations. When there is a big design that can be copyrighted i get it. But when there is a circle? that doesnt make sense that a circle design is entitled to a copyright. Granted not a whole lot of circle stamps but what about thank you in plain text to me that is the same as a circle.

Also would people maybe stay at home so to speak if there werent restrictive policies by some companies. I am not saying all companies have bad angel policies but alot do. Quite honestly I am looking at having my own stamp sheets made from photopolymer. I can get standard designs like words and such made for 15 bucks for an 8x12 sheet of photopolymer and then no question about angel policy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 07:16 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Generic sets are one thing... I'm referring more to something like this:

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...-CL962-CL962HA
and
https://www.**********.com/item/The-...737313115.html

These are from Lavinia Stamps...
https://www.**********.com/item/DIY-...637278468.html
originals as sold by a retailer here...
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ASCsupplie..._query=lavinia
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by dini; 01-31-2017 at 07:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2017, 07:17 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
I looked through some of the sets on **********... I saw some that looked very familiar, and are probably violating copyright... I'd rather support the original artists than save a little money, just as a matter of principle. As a licensed artist, I know how much it means to me. I'm not fond of silicone or acrylic stamps either - they're too squishy to get a good impression.
Ditto about photopolymer, and about supporting our artists, small companies that manufacture stamps, and our LSS's that are shutting down right and left. Dies too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I searched ebay for cling stamps from China and got quite a few hits:

cling stamps from china | eBay
Wow! Those are crazy cheap! I won't order any as I have more stamp sets than I can ever use!

I have a few of the Michael's $ clear stamps and I always thought they stamped fine too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 05:05 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Wanted to come back and say that, after viewing some of the offerings of these, I realized that three of the sets I received as Christmas gifts were among them. I'll tell you straight up that they are not great quality, and several of them have manufacturing defects that make them unusable. For example, there was a sentiment in a frame, and one whole corner of the frame just wasn't there. My solution was to cut off the rest of the frame and just keep the sentiment, but still... Having said that, for the price point they're okay, and I will use them. I won't buy any, though - too many copyright infringements to suit me, and I'd be afraid that any I bought were among them. I even saw Bebunni stamps! I call foul!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by krprice70View Post
I got my stamps today from wish.com- ordered on Jan.20th...no too bad on time. They weren't supposed to be here for two more weeks. They stamp just as well as my other stamps from companies here in the States, for .95 each they work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes