Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boho Blossoms Punch

I've been looking at the Boho Blossoms Punch. Those of you that have it --do you like it? Does it work smoothly and line up with the stamp in One of a Kind?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #3  
lfw
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know as well before deciding to purchase the punch.

SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I love this set and the punch! They line up perfectly, too! Don't forget to get the berry Bliss Designer Paper, the Boho Backgrounds and True Friend sets - they all go fabulously together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mine doesn't line up perfectly with the stamp........I keep trying but its slightly off and very frustrating. Its ok to use as just a punch on colored CS , lining it up is my only problem
Old 01-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Would SU stand behind this punch if it didn't line up?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I went to a workshop this weekend and used the Boho Blossoms punch. It was so hard to use. Very, very tight. We had to use 2 hands and it didn't line up perfectly with the stamp set. What a disappointment.

I recall there were problems with the Photo corners punch. Does anyone know what that was about? Was it resolved by SU? I was thinking of getting that one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Has anyone else had trouble with this punch being difficult to use? I so want to order it but not if there are problems with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I'm also wondering about others' experiences with this punch. It really won't bother me a ton if it doesn't line up, but if it's really difficult to push the punch down, that will bug me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the punch. It was harder to punch than some others, but the more I use it, it seems to be getting loosened up a bit. I know some people have had difficulties punching it, though. Some have returned the punch and been sent a replacement; I don't know the numbers, though.

The stamp set that goes with it has been put on "hold," though, because there have been reports of some people not being able to get the punch to perfectly match up with the image. This is a strange one though, because not everybody has that problem. Mine lines up perfectly, but then I did take extra care mounting the set to make SURE everything lined up.

Rather than continuing to ship a product that "might" have a problem, SU just decided to halt shipment of it while they look into it. I'm just not sure what they're going to be able to do about it, if it's just an intermittent problem....

So, punch is available, coordinating stamp set is not. If anybody has difficulties with the punch, SU will take care of it with a replacement; just contact your demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Betsy,

So how does that work? I have an order going in on Friday with the set and the punch on it. Will it be like the set is back ordered? And I'll get it later when they figure it out? Or will my demo NOT be able to place that order? I really super want that set and the punch.

And what's this about the photo corners punch? I have that on my order too is it stinky in some way? I don't want any stinky punches!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I certainly can't answer "officially." I'm only a customer, but my demo called me last night and said the set is unavailable to order, indefinitely. I'm really sad because I really wanted the set.

At our SU party last Friday, all of us found the punch impossible to punch, in the "upside down" position, that you would have to use to see the stamp, within the holes. So, we had to attempt to line up the punch and carefully turn the punch over, without the paper shifting--and then punch. What a pain!! It certainly changed my mind on ordering the punch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Darn, this set and punch were going to be on my first SU order in months. I'm glad I saw this, better to get over the disappointment now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

POOP!!!

I was so sure I had to have that.

I have to go rework my order now. I don't want the punch if it's a pain and I don't want the punch without the set, taking them both off puts me below $200 and of course I already got my heart set on stuffs to get with the free $20 and the 4 SAB.

Course I am not criticizing SU, I'm glad they are making sure it can all work out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

This is great information to know....I am hosting a party on Saturday and these items were both on my wishlist. I guess I'll hold off until SU resolves the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and thanks so much for the info ladies! It's good to be in the know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

If you're in a pinch and it's past midnight or if you gotta finish a swap :rolleyes:
Here's a thought if you already have the punch at home and it's a bit stiff, there's the punch sand paper, wax paper thing you can try.
even better is Wd-40spray but you have to clean it after by punching scrap paper for a bit to get the residue out or I've heard of using graphite powder from the keys and lock section at the hardware store. I haven't tried that yet but I want to.
Do a search here for punches and graphite powder and see what you can find.

one time I had a problem with my punch and after going to the store etc and back again all it needed was a bit of lubricant and a jiggle...... that's what you get for dropping it by accident......;)
yah, you should have seen my brother roll his eyes at me when I brought another of my punches over to ask him to fix it..... drove half an hour to get there.... I've got the spray in my tool box now.......
give it a try
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

oh man, this set was on my list for my first-ever SU purchase. what a total disappointment. Of course I'm happy that SU is going to fix it. I even had good ideas for it. I guess that means I'll have to place a second order at some point!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Wow, thanks for the info! I'll also rework my order and hold off on getting this set and punch. I certainly have enough other stuff I want that I can substitute for it, so it's not a huge problem!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm such a freak, check this out:

If I can't have the set I don't want thepunch (as I only wanted it for the set)
this puts me below $200 so I loose a SAB set
No big deal I wasn't SURE I wanted so many scallops anyhow
course no so many scallops, I don't want the scallop punch *yes, you are reading this right, I was going to pay money for a punch to match a free set I wasn't sure I wanted anyhow, I'm a super dork*
Then what's this about the photo corners punch not being good either? better take that off the order.

Course that all means I get $15 in free junk instead of $20, better shift the two ten dollar items back into the order and put two 7.50 items on my free list.

So, the ONE set being unavailable means I'm not getting almost $70 of stuff.

hurts my brian.

Belinda King (super demo) suggests I leave my order alone, get a different set that is the same cost as the missing set and then get the missing set later. This is tempting.

My DH is seriously joking on me. He's all, "If you take Erin's set..." like that children's book, "If you give a moose a muffin"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just an FYI - SU! resolved all problems w/ the photo corners punch and it works great now! Also, if you're considering the scalloped punch go ahead and get it. It's my ablsolute fav. punch now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

I have both the set and the punch and I love them both. Now mine did not line up with 100% perfection so I took it one step farther when mounting my set. I cut each flower out individually, punched a piece of scrap cardstock and lined my flowers up inside of the scrap I punched. It lines up perfectly every time now and punches beautifully.

Now I know that not everyone wants to do the extra step, but it is at least an option if you want to continue using yours and have it 100% on the nose.

I'm just glad that Stampin' Up! is looking into this so there is no frustration from people who buy the set and the punch to go together. But in the short terms it is frustrating if you were waiting until Feb 1st to put it on your SAB order like a lot of people are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Wow, am I glad I saw this thread--both the punch and stamp set were on my way-too-big Feb order.
SCS just rocks....thanks to all of you for your valuable input.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I'm such a freak, check this out:

If I can't have the set I don't want thepunch (as I only wanted it for the set)
this puts me below $200 so I loose a SAB set
No big deal I wasn't SURE I wanted so many scallops anyhow
course no so many scallops, I don't want the scallop punch *yes, you are reading this right, I was going to pay money for a punch to match a free set I wasn't sure I wanted anyhow, I'm a super dork*
Then what's this about the photo corners punch not being good either? better take that off the order.

Course that all means I get $15 in free junk instead of $20, better shift the two ten dollar items back into the order and put two 7.50 items on my free list.

So, the ONE set being unavailable means I'm not getting almost $70 of stuff.

hurts my brian.

Belinda King (super demo) suggests I leave my order alone, get a different set that is the same cost as the missing set and then get the missing set later. This is tempting.

My DH is seriously joking on me. He's all, "If you take Erin's set..." like that children's book, "If you give a moose a muffin"

You WANT the scallop punch, Erin. You may not realize it yet, but you want it.;) Seriously, I am so happy with that punch. Makes lots of cute projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #25  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Jenn D ~ FABULOUS idea! WAHHH, I wish they'd still sell that set, It's my #1 want from this catty!!! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #26  
Glitter Guru

I'm sorry to hear that the customers aren't able to buy this stamp set right now... I know some of my gals are going to be disappointed at next week's class...

I must be one of the lucky few that got a good set - mine works perfectly, lines up with the punch perfectly and the punch works great too! I just love both of them and hope they fix the glitches soon!

Jessica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessBStampin'View Post
Just an FYI - SU! resolved all problems w/ the photo corners punch and it works great now! Also, if you're considering the scalloped punch go ahead and get it. It's my ablsolute fav. punch now!
Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
You WANT the scallop punch, Erin. You may not realize it yet, but you want it.;) Seriously, I am so happy with that punch. Makes lots of cute projects.
oh heck! So I totally reworked my order, but these two posts make me think that Belinda was right *she usually is* and I should just pick a different stamp set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL, Erin, I agree with Belinda! (If only because it's the easiest...)

I did what Jenn did, only I didn't completely cut apart the flowers. I trimmed away some of the excess rubber between them, but left some rubber connecting them because I didn't want the stamp to stretch out of shape while mounting. Then, like Jenn, I punched a piece of scrap and then actually traced the outlines directly onto the block. Gently press the rubber onto the block, nudging the flowers where necessary to get them in the outlines, and only then press the rubber hard to complete the mounting. Just to be even more sure, I put the negative punch over the flowers and it settled right over the flowers just perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Boho Blossoms Punch-bohopunchmounting5.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I decided to still order everything except the stamp set, as I cannot order it.

I will get it later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you ladies for all your wonderful ideas on how to mount the stamp set. I don't have it yet, but when they sell it again, I will know how to mount it correctly!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Thank you so much for all your comments. I had just about decided that I would order the One of a Kind set and not get the punch and then just saw that it is on hold. I am disappointed, but will it be back? I already have my Berry Bliss paper and can hardly wait to use it. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Also, was going to get the Boho Backgrounds as part of my SAB order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Thank You!! Thank You!! MM Stampedia for the WD40 suggestion and Thank You! Splitcoast for keeping the discussion online. I am working on Birthday Invitations (Beer Mug) for my husbands 60th Birthday and really needed this punch. OMGoodness! I have never had such sore hands like I have from using this punch. It seemed like the more I used it the harder it became. I have used WD40 for so many things but never thought of using it for my punches. Next, the 2.5 circle punch.
Reply With Quote Likes