Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Blendabilities - which sets are your favorites?

I am going to a SU workshop on Saturday and plan to buy or qualify for some free Salebration sets of Blendabilities. Since I won't have a chance to see these in advance or experiement with colors, I am looking for guidance from my SCS product testers.
For those of you who have had an opportunity to use Blendabilities, which are your favorite sets? Which sets do you wish you hadn't purchased?

I've tried to read all the threads about this product, but for the most part the discussion is heavy on the buying and light on the reviews. Please share your thoughts on how easily they blend, etc.

, I am considering getting some of the following color sets:
Crumb Cake
Daffodil Delight
Melon Mambo
Old Olive
Soft Sky
Pink Pirouette
Wild Wasabi
Burmuda Bay

As you can see, my list is bigger than my budget and I would appreciate your input on which sets have the best light/medium/dark combos.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 02:24 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I have all of the original colors but only two of the new so far. I think all of the originals are generally very dark, even at the lightest tone. The new Pink Pirouette and Wild Wasabi are much softer and lovely.

Daffodil Delight and Old Olive are on b/o right now and SU! has temporarily discontinued our ability to order those two on your list (there are others on b/o as well).

I, personally, am not a fan of Melon Mambo but it works great for blending. The Crumb Cake is very dark and, I think, of limited use because of that but, again, it blends just fine. If you order the four new colors and something else around $5, you will have reached the "magic" total to get a free Sale-A-Bration item. You could pick one of the older sets as your freebie.

HTH

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 03:43 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have all the sets except for Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler.
I previously had many Spectrum Noirs and sold them all because I didn't love them, they felt "cheap" to me. But, I know many like them, to each their own.
I also have approximately 100 Copics, and do love them, however we all know how expensive they are and I hate trying to figure out what blends with what and which to buy to get to blend together (too much math involved).

With that said, the Blendabilities I actually really like a lot, especially for the price. I've found them to blend very well. I also like that there's no guessing, the work is done for you on what blends together, and the color is smooth and matches SU colors perfectly.

Obviously your personal color preferences will go a long way in making a decision, but I personally have used Soft Sky, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, and Coastal Cabana a lot.

If it were me, and if you're only getting a few sets to start, DON'T get Old Olive AND Wild Wasabi. They are not that different from each other. The old olive has more of an "army green" look to it and the Wild Wasabi is a little more light. But you could live with one or the other.

Hope that helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 06:10 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
I have all of the original colors but only two of the new so far. I think all of the originals are generally very dark, even at the lightest tone. The new Pink Pirouette and Wild Wasabi are much softer and lovely.

Daffodil Delight and Old Olive are on b/o right now and SU! has temporarily discontinued our ability to order those two on your list (there are others on b/o as well).

I, personally, am not a fan of Melon Mambo but it works great for blending. The Crumb Cake is very dark and, I think, of limited use because of that but, again, it blends just fine. If you order the four new colors and something else around $5, you will have reached the "magic" total to get a free Sale-A-Bration item. You could pick one of the older sets as your freebie.
HTH
Linda, thank you for the detailed answer! Based on your observations, I will definitely direct my purchases to the new sets because I specifically want the light/med/dark combos. And I also am glad you told me your opinion of the Crumb Cake combo, I know I would be disappointed with it based on what you said about it being too dark.

Thanks for the info that Daffodil was not available to order right now, that will save me the frustration of having to rejigger my order at the workshop. For future info, do you like the colors in the daffodil set? Does it have a nice light & Medium?
Again, thank you for your comments, they have been very helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 06:20 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisvilleCardsView Post
I currently have all the sets except for Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler.
I previously had many Spectrum Noirs and sold them all because I didn't love them, they felt "cheap" to me. But, I know many like them, to each their own.
I also have approximately 100 Copics, and do love them, however we all know how expensive they are and I hate trying to figure out what blends with what and which to buy to get to blend together (too much math involved).

With that said, the Blendabilities I actually really like a lot, especially for the price. I've found them to blend very well. I also like that there's no guessing, the work is done for you on what blends together, and the color is smooth and matches SU colors perfectly.

Obviously your personal color preferences will go a long way in making a decision, but I personally have used Soft Sky, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, and Coastal Cabana a lot.

If it were me, and if you're only getting a few sets to start, DON'T get Old Olive AND Wild Wasabi. They are not that different from each other. The old olive has more of an "army green" look to it and the Wild Wasabi is a little more light. But you could live with one or the other.

Hope that helps
Sarah, you also provided me with lots of valuable info - thank you!
I appreciate your observation that Old Olive and Wasabi are not that different, other than Wasabi is lighter. I definitely want lighter, so I will go with the Wasabi!
You mentioned that you have all of the older colors, with the exception of 2. I am trying to decide between Coastal Cabana and Burmuda Bay. Which of the two sets has the lighter colors?

Does the Soft Sky set have a distinct light/med/dark? Soft sky is my absolute favorite color with SU, so I'm hoping that your answer is yes!;)

I so appreciate your answer to my questions about Blendabilities, thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Don't get me wrong. The color groupings (new & old) do all have distinct light-medium-dark tones included. What I was trying to convey is that the original group of colors are just very dark in general.

I think the Bermuda Bay will be darker but I am not a fan of the Coastal Cabana. IMO it is the color that blends the least well. Mine also seem to have a grey tone to them.

Definitely get the Soft Sky. It is beautiful!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Sarah, you also provided me with lots of valuable info - thank you!
I appreciate your observation that Old Olive and Wasabi are not that different, other than Wasabi is lighter. I definitely want lighter, so I will go with the Wasabi!
You mentioned that you have all of the older colors, with the exception of 2. I am trying to decide between Coastal Cabana and Burmuda Bay. Which of the two sets has the lighter colors?

Does the Soft Sky set have a distinct light/med/dark? Soft sky is my absolute favorite color with SU, so I'm hoping that your answer is yes!;)

I so appreciate your answer to my questions about Blendabilities, thank you!
No problem at all!

Coastal Cabana is lighter, and the Bermuda Bay a little darker and a little more teal.

And yes, definitely the Soft Sky has 3 distinct tones (light/med/dark) and blends very well. You won't be disappointed with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

I have every set and use them all. I will agree that Crumb cakes lightest shade is not light enough to my taste. Soft Sky is very pretty! Bermuda and Coastal are very close in their medium and dark colors but their lightest colors are a bit different. I'm not crazy about Navy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Thank you Linda, Sarah and Kathy, for the input on the Blendabilities. Each of you has provided helpful info and it has helped me to narrow down my list for my order at the workshop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have all of them accept the crumb cake. It was supposed to be in my last order but demo made a boo boo.
Its okay though cause I will be placing another order soon. I really like bermuda and daffodil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Thank you Linda, Sarah and Kathy, for the input on the Blendabilities. Each of you has provided helpful info and it has helped me to narrow down my list for my order at the workshop!
SU is adding 4 more freebies to pick from starting March 1. Could possibly need to adjust your order.

Here's a link to the PDF:

http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...Feb1715_US.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

I've just gotten into copics and I do have the calypso coral blendies. I actually like the blendies better for coloring. They seem easier to use. I guess it seems they have a bit of a softer tip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
SU is adding 4 more freebies to pick from starting March 1. Could possibly need to adjust your order.

Here's a link to the PDF:

http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...Feb1715_US.pdf
Oh my, you just made deciding on my freebies more difficult. The stamp set and the vellum paper pack would be ideal to use with Blendabilites. Back to the catalog....thanks for the enabling...I think! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I've just gotten into copics and I do have the calypso coral blendies. I actually like the blendies better for coloring. They seem easier to use. I guess it seems they have a bit of a softer tip.
I'm delighted to hear you think the Blendies are easier to blend than Copics. I am among the Copic Challenged, so this is music to my ears!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I'm delighted to hear you think the Blendies are easier to blend than Copics. I am among the Copic Challenged, so this is music to my ears!
I don't want to rain on your parade here but SU has pulled all blendies from their website. Here is the explantion they gave:

"We are experiencing a potential quality issue with our Blendabilities product line. With the exception of our Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (item #13270 and the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad Refill (item #133456), all Blendabilities products will be unavailable while we investigate this issue.

We thank you for your patience and will update you as soon as we have more information."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I don't want to rain on your parade here but SU has pulled all blendies from their website. Here is the explantion they gave:

"We are experiencing a potential quality issue with our Blendabilities product line. With the exception of our Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (item #13270 and the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad Refill (item #133456), all Blendabilities products will be unavailable while we investigate this issue.

We thank you for your patience and will update you as soon as we have more information."
Good grief, what next?! I just got done filling out the form to take to my DF's workshop tomorrow and I have 3 Blendabilities in my order and 2 blendabilitie sets as freebies.....I don't want to buy s bunch Of stuff I don't want and The only SAB items I wanted were the Blendabilities sets....sigh...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Good grief, what next?! I just got done filling out the form to take to my DF's workshop tomorrow and I have 3 Blendabilities in my order and 2 blendabilitie sets as freebies.....I don't want to buy s bunch Of stuff I don't want and The only SAB items I wanted were the Blendabilities sets....sigh...
Maybe your demo can hold the order and see if they become available before the end of March. I think SU should extend the date on the blendies if they are not available by the end of March.

Last edited by crazysuziestamper; 02-27-2015 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Maybe your demo can hold the order and see if they become available before the end of March. I think SU should extend the date on the blendies if they are not available by the end of March.
I'm certain the demo could hold my order back, however, by doing so, it couldn't be used as part of DF's workshop total for the party, it would be a separate party. I don't really want to mess up her hostess benefits by holding back my order. Thanks for sharing the idea, though, it may be an idea for others in the same situation.

As for extending the date on the blendies that are part of the free items for SAB, I totally agree that the date should be extended for Anyone qualifying who wants to choose the blendie item before SAB closes on March 31st. Unfortunately, those of us who have the bad fortune of putting in orders before that policy is announced, will be denied that choice. :(. Bummer....looks like I will end up with an unwanted stamp set and an unneeded pack of DSP
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2015, 11:46 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

I purchased the available sets when released, 11 sets in all. I'm not crazy about them, don't think they're worth the money. They aren't refillable, and you must buy a set if one goes dry. That puts them at a price of nearly $12.00 to replace one marker. I think Copics are the better buy in the end, because one refill will fill my marker 10 to 12 times. That figures out to around 60-cents a refill verses nearly $12.00 to replace one dry SU marker. I won't be buying any additional SU markers, unless they offer refills and have a dependable supplier. We all know how SU is, color here this year, gone the next.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress

Last edited by Annecards; 02-27-2015 at 11:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2015, 12:17 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally after using Copic Markers and Spectrum Noir Markers.
I can't get into the blendabilites ones. I have a couple of set's. Because I wanted to try them. I think they bleed more. And they aren't refillable.

It's sad to hear that they have been having problems with them. As a SU demo. It makes me sad when things like this go wrong.

I hope they can fix the issues with them.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2017, 10:31 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Heart Blendabilities List

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have all of them accept the crumb cake. It was supposed to be in my last order but demo made a boo boo.
Its okay though cause I will be placing another order soon. I really like bermuda and daffodil.
Can someone send me a list of all the blendabilities? Thanks

Please PM me.
Reply With Quote Likes