Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Blades for SU paper cutter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/blades-su-paper-cutter-585247/)

bensarmom 03-12-2014 08:17 AM

Blades for SU paper cutter

Besides ordering from SU are there any locations I could buy the blades for the cutter? I don't see a brand name other than Stampin' Up on the cutter.

muscrat 03-13-2014 05:27 AM

I'd like to know too. I'm stocking up. Love the trimmer! Wasn't sure I would, but I do!

stamphappy1650 03-13-2014 06:48 AM

I've tried a few different ones and they don't work. So far it's only SU.

klh54 03-14-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 20557743)
I'd like to know too. I'm stocking up. Love the trimmer! Wasn't sure I would, but I do!

Would you mind sharing what you like about the SU trimmer? Do you use only SU paper with it? I regularly use heavier base weight card stock and it seems I am always, always replacing the blade on my Fiskars cutter-the one with the wire and so I end up using my tonic guillotine trimmer because the blades don't dull. But I'd like the slide trimmer because I can see where I'm cutting better.
Thanks for any info you care to share!! :D

muscrat 03-14-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54 (Post 20558813)
Would you mind sharing what you like about the SU trimmer? Do you use only SU paper with it? I regularly use heavier base weight card stock and it seems I am always, always replacing the blade on my Fiskars cutter-the one with the wire and so I end up using my tonic guillotine trimmer because the blades don't dull. But I'd like the slide trimmer because I can see where I'm cutting better.
Thanks for any info you care to share!! :D

I never thought I would buy another trimmer. I just liked my guillotine cutters but both of those I had never seemed to give me a straight cut. I finally bought the SU trimmer about three weeks ago and I love it. I get straight cuts, and I can cut and score with the same cutter because it has a score blade and a cutting blade. I use almost all SU card stock and have cut two pieces at one time with no trouble. I bought the rotary arm accessory with extra blades for wavy, perforated And scalloped cuts. I'm now stocking up on blades!

bensarmom 03-14-2014 10:33 AM

I use almost all SU papers. I can cut two at a time. I like having the scoring blade and cutting blade slide out of the way so 12 inch paper can easily be cut. I like it also for narrow or smaller cuts with paper. I have tried many different kinds and so far I like this one the best. I got frustrated with other guillotine cutters that didn't cut straight.

If anyone knows where else replacement blades can be purchased I' love to know. Thanks

klh54 03-15-2014 05:42 AM

Thanks for your helpful information about the SU trimmer...could I ask a couple more questions...how often do you replace the cutting mat-the strip where the blade cuts? I have never had good luck with that style of trimmer because the strip gets grooved so easily. How often do you have to replace the blade?

thanks!
Kathy

muscrat 03-15-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54 (Post 20559647)
Thanks for your helpful information about the SU trimmer...could I ask a couple more questions...how often do you replace the cutting mat-the strip where the blade cuts? I have never had good luck with that style of trimmer because the strip gets grooved so easily. How often do you have to replace the blade?

thanks!
Kathy

I've only had mine about a month so I can't answer that since I haven't replaced anything. I don't see why you would need to replace the strip if you only use the trimmer arm. With the rotary arm, it will eventually groove in since you use the side of the cutting mat that is flat, but it can be rotated since there is a flat surface on two sides. It looks to me like you will get two uses out of each cutting mat. Four if you count the rotary arm

bensarmom 03-15-2014 07:35 AM

I have had my trimmer almost a year and haven't replaced it yet. I haven't rotated it yet either.

muscrat 03-15-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensarmom (Post 20559727)
I have had my trimmer almost a year and haven't replaced it yet. I haven't rotated it yet either.

And you use it a lot, that's good news!

I used it this week: Tulips by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Birthday Tulips by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers