Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 183 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Blades for SU paper cutter

Besides ordering from SU are there any locations I could buy the blades for the cutter? I don't see a brand name other than Stampin' Up on the cutter.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,909 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I'd like to know too. I'm stocking up. Love the trimmer! Wasn't sure I would, but I do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I've tried a few different ones and they don't work. So far it's only SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I'd like to know too. I'm stocking up. Love the trimmer! Wasn't sure I would, but I do!
Would you mind sharing what you like about the SU trimmer? Do you use only SU paper with it? I regularly use heavier base weight card stock and it seems I am always, always replacing the blade on my Fiskars cutter-the one with the wire and so I end up using my tonic guillotine trimmer because the blades don't dull. But I'd like the slide trimmer because I can see where I'm cutting better.
Thanks for any info you care to share!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Would you mind sharing what you like about the SU trimmer? Do you use only SU paper with it? I regularly use heavier base weight card stock and it seems I am always, always replacing the blade on my Fiskars cutter-the one with the wire and so I end up using my tonic guillotine trimmer because the blades don't dull. But I'd like the slide trimmer because I can see where I'm cutting better.
Thanks for any info you care to share!!
I never thought I would buy another trimmer. I just liked my guillotine cutters but both of those I had never seemed to give me a straight cut. I finally bought the SU trimmer about three weeks ago and I love it. I get straight cuts, and I can cut and score with the same cutter because it has a score blade and a cutting blade. I use almost all SU card stock and have cut two pieces at one time with no trouble. I bought the rotary arm accessory with extra blades for wavy, perforated And scalloped cuts. I'm now stocking up on blades!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use almost all SU papers. I can cut two at a time. I like having the scoring blade and cutting blade slide out of the way so 12 inch paper can easily be cut. I like it also for narrow or smaller cuts with paper. I have tried many different kinds and so far I like this one the best. I got frustrated with other guillotine cutters that didn't cut straight.

If anyone knows where else replacement blades can be purchased I' love to know. Thanks
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2014, 05:42 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for your helpful information about the SU trimmer...could I ask a couple more questions...how often do you replace the cutting mat-the strip where the blade cuts? I have never had good luck with that style of trimmer because the strip gets grooved so easily. How often do you have to replace the blade?

thanks!
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Thanks for your helpful information about the SU trimmer...could I ask a couple more questions...how often do you replace the cutting mat-the strip where the blade cuts? I have never had good luck with that style of trimmer because the strip gets grooved so easily. How often do you have to replace the blade?

thanks!
Kathy
I've only had mine about a month so I can't answer that since I haven't replaced anything. I don't see why you would need to replace the strip if you only use the trimmer arm. With the rotary arm, it will eventually groove in since you use the side of the cutting mat that is flat, but it can be rotated since there is a flat surface on two sides. It looks to me like you will get two uses out of each cutting mat. Four if you count the rotary arm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have had my trimmer almost a year and haven't replaced it yet. I haven't rotated it yet either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2014, 07:44 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensarmomView Post
I have had my trimmer almost a year and haven't replaced it yet. I haven't rotated it yet either.
And you use it a lot, that's good news!

I used it this week: Tulips by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Birthday Tulips by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes