Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Shot from Overstock.com?

Has anyone ever ordered from Overstock.com? That seems to be the cheapest place I have found.....but I have never ordered from them. I don't mind paying a little more for good customer service in case there is a problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a not so good review. They are slow to ship. I ordered some jewelry last year. Several pieces. I needed to return 2. I had to call to get a return authorization. I was told I could either print their return labels or use the RA#'s and write the address myself. I WAS NOT told each item had to be shipped in a separate box. Of course I used my own label and printed both numbers on it. It was cheaper than mailing 2 packages because their labels printed one number per item. The CS didn't tell me if I hand wrote my own labels to do one for each item and return in separate boxes (at twice the postage).

When they were received, I got credit for one item. I called and the CS told me "if you want to put them in the same box, the PO has to write out a verification of how many items are in the box." I casually ask the girl at the PO about that one day. She looked at me like I was nuts and said they don't verify anything in any package for any reason.
I was unhappy with the return I made and felt CS should have explained it a little better.

I wonder how many times that happens to others. I as the CS rep what happens to all the items returned that they don't give credit for and she told me that wasn't something that I would need to know. I was very unhappy with the CS I got. I ask for a supervisor and did get my 2nd credit but was told "your acct is flagged and you won't get a second chance for a credit on an improperly returned item".

So ... I know I don't shop there anymore. I also ask more questions when I return something. I've never returned anything that required separate shipping like that either.

Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

BTW I've noticed on most of they scrap booking type stuff, you can get the same price at other places.

Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

I've order tons of times. Never had a problem.

http://scrapbook.creativebusyhands.com
http://cutterfreebies.creativebusyhands.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Hi! I ordered my B.S. online from Joann.com I used a 50%off coupon from a mailer. It did not state anywhere on the couipon that it could not be used. It did state though that it could NOT be used on electric die cutting machines. Long story short when I placed my order and put in the code it would not take it. It then directed to you the other conditions and blah, blah, blah!!! So I called Joann.com up and whoever I talked to on the phone was super nice. I gave my coupon code and he looked it up on his end and said it does NOT state that you cant use it so I did my order over the phone. I think that I paid around $40.00 plus shipping. I researched alot of places, prices, and shipping before I ordered mine. It also shipped quickly.

Good luck & enjoy it when you get it! (P.S. I think that it was just in February or the end of January that I ordered!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcillView Post
BTW I've noticed on most of they scrap booking type stuff, you can get the same price at other places.

Cyndi
I have purchased with them before and have been very happy with my purchase. However, lately I have noticed that their so called average price for items is way inflated, so that when they show a discount on the price it is ridiculous.
Here is an example:
Spellbinders 'Fleur de Lis' Pendants Dies

<FORM method=get name=shopForm action=/cart>
Rating 5 Today: $20.10
Compare at: $32.48
You Save: $12.38 (38%)

Now, tell me one store that sells this item at that price, given that the MSRP is $24.99.

</FORM>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

I've never bought scrapbooking supplies but have bought several items from them over the past couple of years with *no* problems!

Thrilled to death with a purchase of a Fuji finepix camera - went back and bought a 2nd one (for my daughter).

Also loved that I found my beloved, now discontinued, Brooks Infiniti running shoes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm still haven't decided for sure but have a little time before I order. I'm new at this....and it is really hard not to order everything I want right away. But I think I've ordered more than enough for the weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have used them many times too. You have to know the price of your products to know if you are getting a good deal or not. I have been happy with the several purchases I have made and the shipping was not that bad either.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

I advise everyone to steer clear of overstock. We had the WORST "customer service" from them. We ordered a $100+ college textbook and it came in a thin cardboard envelope, all damaged. We called customer service (in India) and explained the situation. We were told that we could get a replacement AFTER we returned the first book. We specifically asked to have better packaging and were told that it would be packaged properly. ALL LIES!

We had to pay another $100+ and wait weeks for a refund. The second book came EXACTLY THE SAME as the first, dented and damaged.

So, on top of all this, our poor daughter had to go without a textbook for awhile and college is hard enough without that added problem.

Bottom line: overstock lies and really doesn't care at all about customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

I don't think customer service is completely random. I think it is the main point of a company that sells things. Every company has its mission statement and values, which are exemplified from the top down.

I do know of companies that have excellent customer service because they make it a priority to treat others the way they want to be treated. For example, Two Peas has excellent packaging - similar sized items in ziploc bags, things are not loose, extra packing materials, and a very good website/ordering system.

How low can a company get that after a customer explains that an item has been damaged that they repeat their bad policy? Potential customers need to be told about how they treat their customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've ordered from them once (about a week before christmas) craft related. I was very happy with the service. Got my item before christmas and that with free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I order from the O all the time. I usually wait for the free or $1 shipping. I've had nothing but a great experience with them. Fast shipping, great prices on some items, fair prices on others.
Reply With Quote Likes