Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone not like TIO&O?

I know that the subject of unmounted stamps is cropping up every week it seems - sorry to be beating this dead horse yet again! I know I want to go unmounted, but it seems like an overwhelming amount of work and I'm afraid of which direction to go in. I purchased CHF's EZ mount for my single wood mounts, but have yet to start on them.

For my SU sets, I was thinking of ATIO&O, but I wanted to check if anyone has had a negative experience with it. I like the idea of the sticker to see through the block and storing in CD cases, etc. But I want to make sure it works long term for people. Let me know your experiences!
SU! Demo Site, My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I tried it years ago and was really happy at first because it was so cheap, but then switched methods. I was told to put a very thin coat on, but many times it wasn't enough and I had to reapply, but if you put too thick of a coat, it was sometimes too tacky and became difficult to remove from my storage sheets. And then after some time, I noticed that the glue got dry and brittle and all my stamps started falling off the storage sheets and out of my binders. One day I'll have to remount all the ones I still want to keep.

Of course this was a LONG time ago (between 8-10 years ago) so maybe they've changed the formulation of the glue? HTH!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

I have just started using it and I am pleased with it. I don't know if I have the old or new version. I will apply and let it dry over night (not sure if that is really needed) and I haven't had any problems. I really like it though.

Good luck.

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:48 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

I unmounted my SU wheels and, primarily for storage issues, did not want to use EZ mount on them. So I got the TIO&O. I put on a super thin coat and it's just too sticky. I won't use it again. For as often as I use those unmounted wheet stamps (rarely), I will just use double stick tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like it, either. It picks up everything in your environment from stray glitter to pet fur no matter how careful you are. And it might just be me, but I can't help but get glue on my fingers when I switch from storage to the block and back. EZ Mount is my favorite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another vote for don't like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 123 Likes on 68 Posts

I don't care for it. I just found it to be such a huge mess just applying the stuff and a huge mess to try and get off my fingers afterwards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I just got some ATIOO and want to try it on some of my unmounted rubber but still reluctant to try it out. I guess it would be best used with the smaller stamps since it is hard to get a good amount of ez mount on the smaller images. I still really like using the ez mount foam.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card SharkView Post
I know that the subject of unmounted stamps is cropping up every week it seems - sorry to be beating this dead horse yet again! I know I want to go unmounted, but it seems like an overwhelming amount of work and I'm afraid of which direction to go in. I purchased CHF's EZ mount for my single wood mounts, but have yet to start on them.

For my SU sets, I was thinking of ATIO&O, but I wanted to check if anyone has had a negative experience with it. I like the idea of the sticker to see through the block and storing in CD cases, etc. But I want to make sure it works long term for people. Let me know your experiences!

Along time ago I use to use it. And only have a few stamps left that have it on them. They are super super sticky and some times are hard to pull off the CD case.

I much prefer using the Ezmount foam over ATIO&O glue.

But if you're going to use it. Make sure you spread a thin layer of it on your stamps. Otherwise it will be super sticky!!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #11  
kraf*T*y mama

HATE IT! Tried it on some Bellas and hated it! EZ mount is the way to go!

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess I'm behind the times. I like it. It's easy, cheap, and easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I like the spray on version...
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it, too. If it is too sticky after it has dried, just press it onto a rag (or your jeans) once or twice. It will pick up a little of the "fiber dust" and make it less sticky. It won't affect the way it stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I like it. It's the only method I'm using and I don't have the too sticky problem. Some of the stamps I use a lot need another application of it, but that's not a problem for me. Also, I used it diluted (with water) and left the stamps to dry at least overnight before sticking them to anything. I needed to use the full strength for my unmounted wheels or they would fall off of their storage sheet. I have no intention of changing my method cause its cheap and I think it's also the easiest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Sorry if this is off the subject- but where is the best place to buy EZ Mount?? I know International Sunday (I think!) just had a sale that ended 2/14- but someone had also mentioned a sister company with good rates??

I have just started taking my stamps off the wood-sure does feel GREAT!!!
I do have ATIO&O glue but not so sure about it! TIA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I too like ATIO&O, used slightly diluted. I just put it in an old plastic container, and use a foam brush that gets rinsed out after use, but I have keep a small amount of the diluted TIO&O in the container, so it is quick and easy. I just line the stamps up on a sheet of plastic, swipe the stuff on, leave them alone for a few hours, and they are good to go! This includes Bellas, OnyxXpressions, Elzybells, Impression Obsession.... need I go on?;)
HTH!
Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I have had good luck using it. I only use it on about 20 stamps, though, so not a lot. Just some unmounted ones I got from River City Rubber Works. I put it on just one first, and found out that even with a thin coat I'd used too much. So I just used even less on the others. I've been happy with the results for just using on a few stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Default Best Way to go Unmounted

Forget Aileen's Tack it Over & Over and EZ Mount - here is the best way to go unmounted!!!!

Christine (whose Scraptime Internet videos I LOVE!) does a great job of explaining the how and why of unmounted stamps. Here is the link - http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/index.php?s=unmounting

I do a few things differently from Christine. More about my technique on post 66 of this thread - Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateFergView Post
Forget Aileen's Tack it Over & Over and EZ Mount - here is the best way to go unmounted!!!!

Christine (whose Scraptime Internet videos I LOVE!) does a great job of explaining the how and why of unmounted stamps. Here is the link - http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/index.php?s=unmounting

I do a few things differently from Christine. More about my technique on post 66 of this thread - Forums at Splitcoaststampers
That sounds good, but how long will they stay sticky enough to use without coming off the blocks. Especially when cleaning. This method sounds great short-term, but what about 4 years from now with an oft used set like Lovely Like A Tree?
SU! Demo Site, My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Somewhere in the middle...closer to there, nearer to here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrampShopperView Post
I like it. It's the only method I'm using and I don't have the too sticky problem. Some of the stamps I use a lot need another application of it, but that's not a problem for me. Also, I used it diluted (with water) and left the stamps to dry at least overnight before sticking them to anything. I needed to use the full strength for my unmounted wheels or they would fall off of their storage sheet. I have no intention of changing my method cause its cheap and I think it's also the easiest.
I use it like this too and have had no problems. It's cheap, works well for me, and I'm thrilled that I found a good solution for unmounting that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

My 182.5 day Photo Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingShawnView Post
I use it like this too and have had no problems. It's cheap, works well for me, and I'm thrilled that I found a good solution for unmounting that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.
What Shawn said! And I'm just to dang lazy to unmount and re-mount on foam.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

I use it and LOVE it!! It is very sticky when you first use it, but if you read the directions on the bottle it says "always blot on back of hand before applying to surface" There is a reason they say this....it is because of the high tack of the glue. It will make it a little less sticky and it also says if it loses it's tack, reapply glue. And it says to clean hands with vegetable oil.
I have never had a problem with this....the first time I had the experience with this was a Michelle Zindorf class....she already had it on our stamps....and in my eyes, if it's good enough for Michelle, it's good enough for me...LOL. I would not rest after her class until I got some and put it on my unmounted stamps and have not regretted it.
(They are also thinner and store easier in cd cases than the ez-mount mounted stamps do....I have both).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card SharkView Post
That sounds good, but how long will they stay sticky enough to use without coming off the blocks. Especially when cleaning. This method sounds great short-term, but what about 4 years from now with an oft used set like Lovely Like A Tree?
Well I don't know why Christine's method would not last as long as any other unmounted method (EZ Mount foam or ATIO&O - which sounds like a mess to me, especally with repeated use!) but I have been unmounted less than a year so don't have any evidence of how everything will hold up long term. Sometimes if my stamp is really dirty (Stazon, etc.) I take it off the block and hold it as I scrub it on the Stampin' Scrub. Also I sometimes just take it to the sink and clean it with water - no wood to worry about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Also, there is a thread on here about stamps sliding off of the ez-mount foam: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

That would be a mess!! I got tired of the the sticky back while I was remounting my stamps...stuff stuck everywhere!! And my scissors stuck to it terribly. It wouldn't be bad to do a set or two but I did so many and got really frustrated...I had to keep stopping and cleaning my scissors with mineral spirits. Now I am worried about my stamps sliding off of the ez-mount since reading the post.
Reply With Quote Likes