Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   The Angel company (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/angel-company-409492/)

allamericanstampers 01-09-2009 08:44 AM

Yup! Shipping from TAC is normally very quick - I see my orders placed on the 6th have shipped. But as the sale continues and the orders pile up, be prepared for a little slower shipping. :wink: But, at these prices, it sure is worth the wait!

allamericanstampers 01-09-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljwil (Post 12652014)
I'm another SU demo who loves her TAC stamps. allamericanstampers (Chris) is also my angel...who supplies me up in Canada, a TAC-free zone.

TAC's shipping *must* be awesome because even 'though Chris needs to mail my stuff to me after she has received it, it's always less than a couple of weeks (sometimes I wait as long for my own SU order to come directly from SU via UPS)

Hey! We were typing at the same time! Thanks...:mrgreen: I love your siggie line - I'm there with you! tee hee...

ilinacrouse 01-09-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers (Post 12652045)
Yup! Shipping from TAC is normally very quick - I see my orders placed on the 6th have shipped. But as the sale continues and the orders pile up, be prepared for a little slower shipping. :wink: But, at these prices, it sure is worth the wait!

Yeah! I just placed another order. LoL.
Love the prices and the shipping time (even if it's slower, since my order from the 6th already arrived). And the stamps are great!

Crafty Math Chick 01-09-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 12637235)
I am an SU demo but I buy A LOT of TAC stamps...I love their stamps. The quality is awesome and the storage in CD cases is such a space saver.Place your order with confidence. You will love them too.
Blessings.

I second this. I stick with SU for the paper/ink/DP/accessories coordination though, but there are a lot of TAC stamp designs that I like and own and enjoy using them.

I had just placed an order or I would SO be taking advantage of the 50% off promotion (doesn't apply to all stamps, a demo can help you distinguish which ones are on sale, I think the T- ones but I am not sure) that is going on right now. TAC also has have some double benefits promotions where you can get double 1/2 off items, double hostess benefits and double gift with $30 purchase (GWP); so I usually wait for them to place an order.

If you like their stamps that much you may wish to ask someone about signing up as a demo. I signed up as a SU Demo after my first workshop since there were so many things I wanted I figured I might as well get the discount even if I never held a workshop, and there were so many items I wanted from the starter kit, it just made sense for me.

Don't know if they helps, but if you have any questions for a TAC customer, you can PM me if you wish.

Enjoy!

:)

karentom 01-09-2009 10:38 AM

Besides the 50% off Special, there is an extra $50 BONUS in stamps FREE for new Angels.
A lot of stampers join for the discount.
TAC minimums are ONLY $100 every 4 months,
so most hobbyists can purchase that easliy on their own.
I know I can. With this 50% off special I just met my minimum and am good for the next 4 months
Karen S

Scrapjanny 01-09-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee (Post 12651254)
Very good quality rubber (deeply etches and on thick cushion). I'd probably order more IF they came wood-mounted as that is my preference (probably in the minority there).. At least the cushion is the cling-type so you just need to place it on an acrylic block (no need to apply temporary adhesive).

I like the variety of designs and selection of inkpads. I also think their stamp cleaner is fantastic (wish they sold it in a large refill bottle).

Happy Customer with a great demo (she's my BFF!)

Thanks, Tina. Happy demo with a great customer. :mrgreen:

1gr8lady 01-09-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentom (Post 12653612)
Besides the 50% off Special, there is an extra $50 BONUS in stamps FREE for new Angels.
I know I can. With this 50% off special I just met my minimum and am good for the next 4 months
Karen S

I might want to become a TAC demo. What is the beginning start up cost. $100 every 4 months is doable for me :)

karentom 01-10-2009 03:10 AM

Starter kit is $150, you receive approx $280 worth of product, plus $50 bonus.

Go to TAC website, click on opportunites, then get your wings, then how do I start. Click on new demo application and starter kit. This will show you everything you get. AND YOU get to choose the product
Karen S

craftygirl04 01-10-2009 05:28 AM

I am in Canada and we don't have TAC here....yet? But, I have a lovely demo that I order from in the states. Thanks Chris! I really like the stamps, especially the word and saying stamps that they sell and I try to place an order once or twice a year. I have even gotten my best friend into ordering with me. Oh, and don't ge me started on this sale that they are having....Totally great! Good luck with your decision.

jessicaluvs2stamp 01-10-2009 05:53 AM

I just placed an order this week! There are so many awesome kits and with the sale, they are such a fabulous deal! Can't wait to get them!!!! :)

I plan on storing mine in the document boxes from target. They'll hold quite a few sets, and take up little space. I do this with my other unmounted cling stamps and love it. Happy stamping everyone!!!

NYstamper 01-10-2009 02:12 PM

I am also a SU demo that has ordered from TAC several times and has been very happy with the stamps.

jeanstamping2 01-10-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thompsj (Post 12640558)
I am basically a stampin' up girl, but I have gotten a few stamps from TAC. They come without the foam backing, so there was a bit of a learning curve for me as I was putting them together. I was, however, very pleased with the quality and ease of storage. I have a great stampin' up demo, so most of my budget is claimed. TAC and CTMH also have some great images, though.

Each of our Stamp sets come with Ez-mount Foam!

allamericanstampers 01-10-2009 03:30 PM

I saw that too, but I think she meant that you had to put them together before you cut them out. :wink: What I like about that is that it gives you the chance to index them / register the smooth side of the cushion with the image if you like to do that! You stamp with stazon ink the image before you stick the two pieces together and then trim them. Helps me with the words... :grin:

jeanstamping2 01-10-2009 03:34 PM

ok!;)

terry serman 01-10-2009 04:03 PM

I placed an order on Thurs. and it is here today--Sat!

InkStazOnMe 01-10-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry serman (Post 12670860)
I placed an order on Thurs. and it is here today--Sat!

That's great! So far the shipping seems to be very quick!

karentom 01-15-2009 04:03 AM

Nine days into the sale, and shipping time is still great!
Karen S

jkminor 01-15-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentom (Post 12663542)
Starter kit is $150, you receive approx $280 worth of product, plus $50 bonus.

Go to TAC website, click on opportunites, then get your wings, then how do I start. Click on new demo application and starter kit. This will show you everything you get. AND YOU get to choose the product
Karen S

Oh and it is sooooo worth it. I did it and I ordered my kit on the 8th and had it by the 13th. There was also a saturday and sunday in there. I was soooo stoked when I got it. LOL I will more than likely be just a hobby demo but I am excited to be able to get stamps from the TAC now.

Hugs
Jaunice

karentom 01-15-2009 04:30 AM

Receiving your kit is like Christmas morning. You don't know which toy to play with first.
Karen S

jkminor 01-15-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentom (Post 12653612)
Karen S

ROFLMAO funny you should say this... I did the same thing... LOL I have only been a demo since the 8th of January and have already placed my first order and it was 100.00 lol.. so fabulous with this sale right now.

Hugs
Jaunice

allamericanstampers 01-15-2009 05:22 AM

Only 10 more days left of the sale though...but then we have the Magalogue to look forward too! :grin:

Enjoy your new adventure Jaunice!

jkminor 01-15-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers (Post 12727170)
Only 10 more days left of the sale though...but then we have the Magalogue to look forward too! :grin:

Enjoy your new adventure Jaunice!

LOL thanks... but things have to slow down for a while now... Back in School lol.... stamping time takes a back seat.. but only 3 Semesters and I am done.

Hugs
Jaunice

danyelmo 01-21-2009 11:18 AM

I'm a packrat stamper, not a demo. lol I started out with SU but wanted to branch out. I found TAC just before Christmas and love them! I think I already have 20 or so sets and I'm having a party this weekend! The stamps themselves are deeply etched so they make great images. They also come with cling mount, but I don't use it. I recently converted all my stamps to naked and LOVE it! It's really nice to get a bunch of stamps for just a few bucks! Well, not really a few, but less than SU! I have not tried the paper or accessories because I did notice that a lot of them are available at local stores. I try to use a coupon anytime I can. I also wish the site had a downloadable catalog so you could view everything without having to click on each category. I always miss something. And the hostess rewards on there either. I don't think TAC is as popular as some of the other companies becasue it's very hard for me to find samples of a lot of sets on the web. I guess I tend to pick the sets no one wants. lol Have fun with all your goodies! I'm sure you'll love them!

Marshaspeck50 01-21-2009 11:22 AM

I love their stamps but unfortunately there is no angel in my area that will come and do a party for me. I also have no way to get a new book. :(

karentom 01-21-2009 11:29 AM

TAC paper is exclusive to TAC, however our cardstock is DCWV and bazzill.

Marsha,
visited your blog. The snowman cards are my favorite
Karen S

jessicaluvs2stamp 01-21-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers (Post 12670489)
I saw that too, but I think she meant that you had to put them together before you cut them out. :wink: What I like about that is that it gives you the chance to index them / register the smooth side of the cushion with the image if you like to do that! You stamp with stazon ink the image before you stick the two pieces together and then trim them. Helps me with the words... :grin:

does the cling still stick after stamping stazon ink onto it??? sounds like a great way to 'see' better where you're stamping.

jeanstamping2 01-21-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicaluvs2stamp (Post 12815648)
does the cling still stick after stamping stazon ink onto it??? sounds like a great way to 'see' better where you're stamping.

Yes it does! I use the Palette Noir inks to do mine. And I haven't had a problem with my stamps.

I also store my unmounted Rubber stamps on Plastic White Storage boards. inside a 3-ring Notebook.

scrappingmelissa 01-21-2009 01:44 PM

I just discovered a trick on how to make my own unmounted stamp storage! It is cheap and works just great! You do no have to buy stamp boards!!

jessicaluvs2stamp 01-21-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 (Post 12816105)
Yes it does! I use the Palette Noir inks to do mine. And I haven't had a problem with my stamps.

I also store my unmounted Rubber stamps on Plastic White Storage boards. inside a 3-ring Notebook.

great! thank you!! I already mounted all mine that I just got, but on my next order, I'll have to do that! sounds great!!

scrappingmelissa 01-21-2009 04:58 PM

Gosh I just realized I didnt reveal my trick! DUH.. OK so get a piece of thick white cardstock Or glue 2 together, get some clear packing tape. Put the tape on the white cardstock make sure it lays flat. and this is just as good as white storage boards. use a 3 ring punch and put in a binder.

Melissa

NoraAnne 01-21-2009 06:12 PM

I am thinking about becoming a demonstrator. I just read through this thread and it seems everyone is very happy with them. Can anyone that sells or has purchased give me an idea of what their shipping costs are?
Thanks in advance!

jkminor 01-21-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoraAnne (Post 12819885)
I am thinking about becoming a demonstrator. I just read through this thread and it seems everyone is very happy with them. Can anyone that sells or has purchased give me an idea of what their shipping costs are?
Thanks in advance!

6.95 or 10% of the base order whichever is greater. About the same as Stampin Up I believe.

Hugs
Jaunice

Scrapfever2 01-21-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappingmelissa (Post 12818664)
Gosh I just realized I didnt reveal my trick! DUH.. OK so get a piece of thick white cardstock Or glue 2 together, get some clear packing tape. Put the tape on the white cardstock make sure it lays flat. and this is just as good as white storage boards. use a 3 ring punch and put in a binder.

Melissa

Another great idea - TFS! I just used glossy card stock! I put a piece of chipboard between two sheets, taped them togther, three hole punched them and ta da!

cardsbynikki 01-21-2009 06:53 PM

Do TAC stamps need to be trimmed?

Scrapfever2 01-21-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikki (Post 12820502)

yes, they do.

cardsbynikki 01-21-2009 06:57 PM

Thanks!

scrappingmelissa 01-21-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapfever2 (Post 12820447)
Another great idea - TFS! I just used glossy card stock! I put a piece of chipboard between two sheets, taped them togther, three hole punched them and ta da!

Wow glossy cardstock? thats a great idea. But i think tape is cheaper. I never can find inexpensive glossy cardstock.

scrappingmelissa 01-21-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikki (Post 12820502)

I like trimming my stamps. Feels like I am getting my moneys worth! :)

cardsbynikki 01-21-2009 07:05 PM

I'm just horrible at it, I can never get it cut right and I always seem to ruin them. I had an SU Demo who trimmed mine for me (and oh how I loved her for it!).

My hands just don't cut very well - anything, at all. If it needs to be cut with scissors, I'm outta luck! LOL. I am so grateful for paper cutters.

I'll check with my family and see if they're willing to sit and trim stamps! TAC sure has some cute stuff.

scrappingmelissa 01-21-2009 07:14 PM

well if you can find a local demo, maybe they can cut them for you. Check the angelcompany.net site.

I always offer to cut and store my customers stamps.

melissa