Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Templates (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/templates-143/)
-   -   Acetate Ornament Insert Template (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/templates-143/acetate-ornament-insert-template-97490/)

jessrowe 11-03-2005 07:40 PM

Acetate Ornament Insert Template

1 Attachment(s)
I bought the largest clear ornaments at Michael's (the cheaper ones, box of 6 says $4.99 but they were 25% off). I think these are a standard size ornament, but I'm not positive. After several tries, I finally got the correct size circle and made a template so I could print directly onto the acetate (transparency paper).

jessrowe 11-03-2005 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is one with 9 circles to a page

stampinsusie 11-05-2005 02:32 AM

Could you offer this in a PDF file? I don't have Word and after I download it nothing appears.

jessrowe 11-05-2005 12:29 PM

I would be happy to if someone would tell me how to do that!

Goddessali 11-06-2005 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the 9 circles in PDF format! ;)

Thanks for posting! I have the ornaments on my list of projects to do!

stampinsusie 11-08-2005 03:27 AM

Thank you Alison.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddessali
Here's the 9 circles in PDF format!

Thanks for posting! I have the ornaments on my list of projects to do!

debrad 11-08-2005 07:44 AM

Ornament Insert Templates - How???

Can someone tell me exactly how to do this? The picture doesn't match the instructions . . Do you just cut out a circle of acetate and stamp it, then color it, then put it in the ornament? The ornament looks though, like it's stamped all over.
:confused:

hotwheels 11-08-2005 11:40 AM

bump
Hi all,

I would so, like to know exactly how this is do this. Please let debrad and hotwheels, know this.
Thanks,
Linda littlepage

hotwheels 11-08-2005 11:40 AM

bump

mmferg 11-08-2005 11:55 AM

Great template! Just one question, if you don't leave a tab at the top how do you stop your acetate image from turning once in the ornament?

I have always left a tab at the top to stop this from happening, but I would love to not have to do that.

For those looking for instructions, I will post a link to one of my ornaments in the gallery that gives instructions:

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=6528

jessrowe 11-08-2005 12:02 PM

My insert stayed pretty much upright, but it did sway a little. I feel silly admitting this, but it never dawned on me to put a tab there. I'll try to go back and attach one. :)

mmferg 11-08-2005 02:00 PM

Darn! I was hoping you had a way to eliminate the tab and still not have the image turn. ......back to having tabs :(

calgramma 11-15-2005 10:44 AM

I did mine without the tab by making sure that the little 'clips' in the top are on each side of the acetate. Seems to hold them upright just fine. HTH

JoyOfStamping 11-15-2005 04:42 PM

Do you think someone could e-mail me these directions? :) I can't seem to download any of these instructions. I'm at [email protected]. thanks!

calgramma 11-15-2005 04:52 PM

Joy,

I'm not able to download the template again, either. Must have something to do with the conversion. So, if Jessrowe could email them to me, too, I'd appreciate it. They are super easy to make...gettin' the right size was the trick, but Jessrowe did the hard work! Thanks Jessrowe....we love you!!

mickeyfanatic 11-23-2005 07:23 AM

The pdf worked fine for me - Thank you!

dpspring5368 11-26-2005 05:00 PM

jessrowe---are the transparency heatable? where did you buy yours? i really want to try to do this, would make great gifts. thanks for sharing this with us ladies.

Diana

jessrowe 11-26-2005 05:12 PM

I just bought the transparency sheets from Staples that can go in your computer printer. I did have to buy a pack of 100 so I split them with other demos. I just used Staz-On and colored with sharpies so I didn't heat set, not sure if they would melt or not. Hope that helps!

malia_r 11-27-2005 11:03 AM

When I made ornaments last year, I don't have time this year, but I used the circle cutter from CM (Creative Memories) it was a perfect fit.

sharingmyartwork49 11-27-2005 03:35 PM

I have a question and an answer -- which do you want first?? HA HA!!

Why are you calling this ACETATE?? I purchased a package of HAMMERMILL
TRANSPERENCIES from Walmart - - 10 per package for around $5-7 bucks.....or is acetate just another name for transperencies??

Second - - before putting your 3 inch circle inside the ornament - - drop a couple (just a couple) drops of glue (I used Aleene's tacky glue which dries clear - -any good craft glue will work - just as long as it dries clear) STRAIGHT DOWN into the ornament. Then that's when I added a pinch or so of my DIAMOND DUST also onto of the glue - - and then quickly got the stamped circle inside and used TWEEZERS to get "positioned" just perfectly and held it in place for a minute or two with my tweezers - and then I make sure the prongs are behind the transperency which helps hold it in place.

I posted the directions here in Techniques -- here's the link....
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=101384

Judy :)

Carebear530 11-27-2005 05:09 PM

Thank you for sharing! :)

qvande 12-01-2007 03:02 AM

Thanks for posting these.