Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Christmas Ornament Technique

I'm not taking credit for this. I learned from my downline who emailed me directions, which I "think" she got here somewhere. Since I shared my ornament in my gallery I got lots of requests - so I posted the directions there in my gallery and thought I would share it here too. I tend to get a little wordy - so I apologize ahead of time....the one thing that I really want to share is more "what I learned worked for me"

You need:
Glass Bulb ornaments - -flat, round, square - you decide.
Ribbon on your choice or ornament hooks
Transperencies from Wal-Mart - 10 in package, blue package by Hammermill.
STAZ ON BLACK INK PAD - - or any of our SU CLASSIC COLORS will work just as well.
Sharpie Markers -- while at Wal-Mart - - get those mini Sharpies now their perfect.
DIAMOND DUST - - found at Michael's in the glue isle - - big huge jug of it will last you forever - it's around $7-8 bucks - use a coupon. Why not glitter? Because I learned the hard way - -glitter "dusts" the inside of the bulb and looks terrible. Diamond Dust doesn't coat the inside of the bulb....it's perfect for this project.
Heat Tool - - or OVERNIGHT PATIENCE!! - I truly found coloring them in worked much much better after I stamped a few dozen, layed them out to dry overnight and then colored in the next day. However, you can use your heat tool - -just don't heat too long - or you might scorch.
CIRCLE CUTTER
ALEENE's TACKY GLUE or any Craft Glue that dries CLEAR

DIRECTIONS:

Cut 3 inch circles from the transperencies - - I went just a tish under 3 inches (don't ask why - just worked better for me) Stamp your image on the "rough" side of the transperency. Let Dry......

Color in as you wish - - - -LET DRY AGAIN.

Drop a couple of drops of glue straight down into the ornament, then place a pinch or so of Diamond Dust in and I use a wooden sqewer (sp?) to spread out a little -- -

Roll up your stamped image (MAKE SURE IT's DRY) and place inside the bulb. This is where TWEEZER or the wooden sqewer (sp?) comes in handy to help center it. Make sure the bottom of the circle hits the glue area and I hold it with the tweezers for a minute or so -then I took just a scrap of paper and scooped up a little more DIAMOND DUST from the jar and poured into the bulb -- -sorta like a funnel. The total amount of Diamond Dust is up to you - - I wouldn't put a lot - -but maybe a teaspoon or a little more. When you put the crown back on and the little hook thingy - try and get the hook thingy to have both of it's little arms BEHIND the transperency - it helps to keep it in place.

Then I added ribbon and the ones that I'm making now I got gold ornamnet hooks at Walmart for 78 cents that I'm putting on them too.

IMPORTANT NOTE: - - -my first one (that's in my gallery) isn't as PRETTY or NICE as all my other ones -so be prepared to make more than one if you're just starting out. It took me 3-4 times before I finally got it and knew the steps to take and now I can make them in my sleep.

And the one really important thing I learned was to stamp and let dry overnight before coloring in. Basically the sharpie markers dry pretty fast and you can use your heat tool to speed that up......but once I let them dry overnight -then everything fell into place. I'm going to try and uploaded a better one tomorrow maybe.....the one in my gallery down was done with glitter and that's why it's cloudy looking!!!

GOOD LUCK - - I want to thank whoever was the first person to share this, then my crazycatstamper downline who made one and shared with me and taught me - -I'm just sharing how I did it. Hope it helps you - and if you find something easier than what I'm doing - - please share it here.....

Or at least PM me!! ROFLOL

GOOD LUCK

Judy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

TOOOOOO cute. You are a sweetheart to share your directions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for some great directions.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2005, 05:45 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

BUMP - - i woke to a PM asking for the directions to this, so I thought
I would BUMP it back up.

Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2005, 06:31 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to print this out.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #6  
Inking Addict

Any suggestions on how to keep from smearing the image when stamping it on the acetate? I tried to be as careful as I could and as gentle as I could but still smeared some. :( :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2005, 05:12 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Default Christmas Ornament

When I made mine this year, I cut the circles but left a little extra on the top so it kind of looks like an ornament. Then when you put it in the glass ornament, cut the top off even with the top of the opening. This will then prevent it from moving around and having the image turn around in a few years, after packing and unpacking. It seems to work pretty good. It keeps it in place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Could you use Dazzling Diamonds instead of Diamond Dust?
Reply With Quote Likes