Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for Cardmakers....

Hey! I was wondering when you all make your cards out of colored cardstock for the card itself you you put anything inside as far as something to write on, I have notice especially with the very dark or colored cardstock writing on the inside doesnt show up well when you sign your name...I have been taking a bit of printer paper cut to size and placing double back tape on the back just at the top and bottom so I can write on that....what do you all do???? Thanks....Just wondering
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 06:12 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

On dark cardstock I have used gold and silver pens and even white so I don't have to cut another piece to fit inside.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.� Eleanor Roosevelt

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 06:20 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done both of these... put a white paper inside and have also used the metallic or white pen. When I add a paper inside I usually cut a piece of printer paper 1/4 inch smaller than the card itself, fold it in half and then just attach it to the inside at the fold. Then it is kind of like a "liner" like those "fancy" cards from the store. Does that make sense? HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 06:27 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfamilystamper
I have done both of these... put a white paper inside and have also used the metallic or white pen. When I add a paper inside I usually cut a piece of printer paper 1/4 inch smaller than the card itself, fold it in half and then just attach it to the inside at the fold. Then it is kind of like a "liner" like those "fancy" cards from the store. Does that make sense? HTH!
Yes this is exactly what I try to do....I seem to have problems when I fold it so its on both sides it doesnt want to close good...any hints on that??? I have just been cutting it down to go on the right side and make it slightly smaller than the card itself....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 06:32 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Hi

I use what we call an insert. It's a piece of usually white paper just short of the actual card, folded in half. I then keep the paper folded and attach it with double sided tape to the right hand side of the card near the fold. I then close the insert and put another piece of double sided tape on the right hand side of the insert , then close the card so it sticks just right and allows the card to fold properly.

Sorry not very good at explaining but it might help

Shary
x

Gallery from a UKer :-)

My blog

I design for Alota Stamps, Inky Impressions & Digital Stamp Oasis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just put one strip of adhesive on the paper insert, right next to the fold, toward the front side of the card. Then I lay the folded paper insert inside the card and close the card. The insert is only attached at that one strip at the fold, the rest is "free to flap". Being that it is attached at the front, when you open the card, it opens the insert as well. I hope that makes sense:???:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #7  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I do use the paper inserts sometimes, but I find if I'm in a hurry, a metallic gel pen is quick, easy and looks good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I usually just cut a smaller sized piece of coordinating cardstock. I've also used coordinating pattern paper (light color with minimal design) -- I usually search the "clearance" racks and find this type of pattern paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 08:52 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Depending on the amount of message I want to put I use a variety of opaque gel pens (Sakura Gelly Rolls are my faves) and opaque inks. When I want to put an insert I will print my message on a piece of vellum, cut to size (1/4 smaller than the open card). I emboss the ink quickly using ultra-fine EP (I put the vellum on a foil-wrapped cardboard so it doesn't curl). I try to match the printer ink to the cardstock and use UF clear EP. When I am ready to ahere it, I fold it in half, use the thinnest "red-line" (Terrifically Tacky brand?) tape which is about 1/8" wide. I put it on the fold and stick it into the fold of the card. These look so professional and I get lots of custom card orders from folks who want a personal message.

HTH.
Dj
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I use a light color, coordinating paper, or cardstock, cut a little smaller than the card. I find using decorative scissors, or a corner punch, makes it look a little neater. It also looks nice decorated with a stamp that coordinates with the front of the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

When I started out selling my cards I put a thinner, linen kind of paper, as the insert. I did not attach them at first and my clients asked me if I had more envelopes because they were taking out the inserts and using them as cards! (I put little tiny butterflies, etc. on the corner, embossed and glittered up). So, I got smart and taped them in the cards, then I dropped using the inserts altogether. It was a really great idea, but not practical for the most part.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Since I am really new to embossing right now, I emboss in white and it is really pretty!!
Reply With Quote Likes