Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Question for Cardmakers.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/question-cardmakers-176941/)

StampGroover 08-23-2006 06:11 AM

Question for Cardmakers....

Hey! I was wondering when you all make your cards out of colored cardstock for the card itself you you put anything inside as far as something to write on, I have notice especially with the very dark or colored cardstock writing on the inside doesnt show up well when you sign your name...I have been taking a bit of printer paper cut to size and placing double back tape on the back just at the top and bottom so I can write on that....what do you all do???? Thanks....Just wondering

FromKorea 08-23-2006 06:12 AM

On dark cardstock I have used gold and silver pens and even white so I don't have to cut another piece to fit inside.

kfamilystamper 08-23-2006 06:20 AM

I have done both of these... put a white paper inside and have also used the metallic or white pen. When I add a paper inside I usually cut a piece of printer paper 1/4 inch smaller than the card itself, fold it in half and then just attach it to the inside at the fold. Then it is kind of like a "liner" like those "fancy" cards from the store. Does that make sense? HTH!

StampGroover 08-23-2006 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfamilystamper
I have done both of these... put a white paper inside and have also used the metallic or white pen. When I add a paper inside I usually cut a piece of printer paper 1/4 inch smaller than the card itself, fold it in half and then just attach it to the inside at the fold. Then it is kind of like a "liner" like those "fancy" cards from the store. Does that make sense? HTH!

Yes this is exactly what I try to do....I seem to have problems when I fold it so its on both sides it doesnt want to close good...any hints on that??? I have just been cutting it down to go on the right side and make it slightly smaller than the card itself....

Shary 08-23-2006 06:32 AM

Hi

I use what we call an insert. It's a piece of usually white paper just short of the actual card, folded in half. I then keep the paper folded and attach it with double sided tape to the right hand side of the card near the fold. I then close the insert and put another piece of double sided tape on the right hand side of the insert , then close the card so it sticks just right and allows the card to fold properly.

Sorry not very good at explaining but it might help :)

Shary
x

kfamilystamper 08-23-2006 06:37 AM

I just put one strip of adhesive on the paper insert, right next to the fold, toward the front side of the card. Then I lay the folded paper insert inside the card and close the card. The insert is only attached at that one strip at the fold, the rest is "free to flap". Being that it is attached at the front, when you open the card, it opens the insert as well. I hope that makes sense:???:

Anemone 08-23-2006 02:37 PM

I do use the paper inserts sometimes, but I find if I'm in a hurry, a metallic gel pen is quick, easy and looks good.

dani114 08-24-2006 06:00 AM

I usually just cut a smaller sized piece of coordinating cardstock. I've also used coordinating pattern paper (light color with minimal design) -- I usually search the "clearance" racks and find this type of pattern paper!

SharkL8y 08-24-2006 08:52 AM

Depending on the amount of message I want to put I use a variety of opaque gel pens (Sakura Gelly Rolls are my faves) and opaque inks. When I want to put an insert I will print my message on a piece of vellum, cut to size (1/4 smaller than the open card). I emboss the ink quickly using ultra-fine EP (I put the vellum on a foil-wrapped cardboard so it doesn't curl). I try to match the printer ink to the cardstock and use UF clear EP. When I am ready to ahere it, I fold it in half, use the thinnest "red-line" (Terrifically Tacky brand?) tape which is about 1/8" wide. I put it on the fold and stick it into the fold of the card. These look so professional and I get lots of custom card orders from folks who want a personal message.

HTH.
Dj

ps_1972 08-24-2006 10:20 AM

I use a light color, coordinating paper, or cardstock, cut a little smaller than the card. I find using decorative scissors, or a corner punch, makes it look a little neater. It also looks nice decorated with a stamp that coordinates with the front of the card.

dottiejdavis 08-24-2006 10:34 AM

When I started out selling my cards I put a thinner, linen kind of paper, as the insert. I did not attach them at first and my clients asked me if I had more envelopes because they were taking out the inserts and using them as cards! (I put little tiny butterflies, etc. on the corner, embossed and glittered up). So, I got smart and taped them in the cards, then I dropped using the inserts altogether. It was a really great idea, but not practical for the most part.

Bastingirl 08-24-2006 10:34 AM

Since I am really new to embossing right now, I emboss in white and it is really pretty!!