Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping Tiles 101 (new SCS'er)

Yea!!!!! I'm new to SCS and Love it!

Could anyone give me a link to or basic info on stamping on tiles ? In looking through the galleries I've noticed some tiles are glazed and some aren't. What do I use to color them in. has anyone done it extensively and found anything that worked particularly well for them? I LOVE this idea and want to use it in my next workshop!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Ok I have done a TON of them and this is what ive learned.
if youwant "thirst stones" stamp with stazon ink and don'e seal with anything just bake them at 350 for 20 minutes and your good to go...can even run in dishwasher after. Color in using sharpies if you are adding color...

for other effects you can color in with anything, markers, chalk, our ink pads and a brush but here is the catch...if you don't bake them in the oven when you spray them they will run and blur...if you don't spray them after you bake them the ink can still come off. My experience is that I try to aviod our regular stamp pads as they tend to take a touch longer to bleed then stazon on and the image smears. Just keep the basic rules, always bake them weather you are spraying them or not if you want to keep the color where you put it, anything other then sharpies does fade a bit so put it on a little heavy and craft ink with a q tip is a good coloring choice also.

Happy Stamping
Kris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

here this might help Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Well wouldn't you know i have to go to Lowe's today, HEY! for big tiles too!......for my patio table...... Uh oh.... crazy idea coming on!!!

This is where my husband knows I've gone off the deep end
LOL

Thanks for the threads and info!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Some more coloring ideas

I just did a mini kids camp for Spring Break. If you use the unglazed tiles try this: Use a baby wipe to brush off dust. Then wait a few minutes for the tile to "dry". This gives you time to plan out your tile. Then use StazON for your stamped image. Here's the NEW technique: brush the baby wipe over your pastels...Then wipe the baby wipe randomly onto the tile. This has a colorful look if you use at least 3 colors on the wipe at a time in different spots. I sealed with acrylic spray, no running. (However, in the future, I will be baking the tiles after stamping and coloring.) The colors are so rich, it will look like you bought the tile that way! Finish the bottoms with 4 spots of the "soft" side of velcro. I just "accidently" sold a set of 4 for $20 as coasters to a neighber who was stunned!
Reply With Quote Likes