Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping on Mirrors?

Has anyone done this? I have a friend/customer who want to stamp snowflakes on her mirrors, for the winter, and be able to clean it off in a few months. I am thinking of either white craft ink or white acrylic craft paint. Being on glass, I thought they ought to clean off in a few months, but thought I would see if anyone here has tried it and has advice. I kind of like the idea myself!

Thanks in Advance!

Cheryl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2006, 05:12 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

hhhmmmmm, and be able to clean it off.....I wonder if that fake snow in a can would work. Try spraying it on a piece of wax paper or glossy card stock, dip snowflake stamp in it and give it a whirl? Let me know if it works!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2006, 08:11 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Wow, that would be really cool - IF I wasn't 30 miles from the nearest place to get some. Anybody want to try it and post? Please do!

Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2006, 08:46 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I remember somebody asking the same question last year. I know I tried it with white craft ink and it comes right off with a little glass cleaner, when your ready for it to come off. HMM acrylic paint, I think would have to be scraped off after, with a razor blade, but it would propbably work too. Just make sure she doesn't use the white staz-on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I was watching decorating cents the other day and they stamped the mirror with Silver embossing ink and then embossed with glitter embossing powder. She said that it wipes right off when the season is over!!! I would like to try it, but haven't done it yet!! I thought about doing my windows...but they are huge and I don't have any big stamps!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2006, 09:45 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I guess the only thing I would be really worried about with windows is that I know it takes a while to heat up a small piece of glass to get hot enough to emboss it. That being the case, I wonder if a window wouldn't crack or shatter to have one area of a large piece of glass heated up while the rest stayed cool. (We used to do a similar thing to make marbles crack when I was a kid. I have shattered a fishbowl by washing it hot and filling with cold. I have cracked coffee cups pouring hot coffee into cold coffee cups) I don't know if window glass is tempered, but I wouldn't want to risk replacing a large window pane ($$$) to find out. Just a warning if you hadn't thought about it...would hate to see anyone out the money this time of year.

Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Cheryl~
Thanks for the heads up!! That's one of the reasons that I didn't do the windows!! We have new windows and I know that they are good windows, but I don't want to crack one!! They didn't have any precautions about stamping on mirrors...all they said was that it was temporary thing!! They did say that it takes awhile for the embossing powder to heat up on the mirrors!!
Reply With Quote Likes