Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #5001  
Insane Embellisher

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't always put out my cards. I guess I really should because when I do, they sell. I just don't always have the room for them on the table!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #5002  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen anything new that they want to try? I'm preparing for a fall sale and looking for something to stop traffic at my booth.
Video Tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #5003  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this gave me a chuckle. two things stopped traffic at my booth. the snowman Hershey bars (which I sold dozens of) and the hot cocoa sliders. which only stopped traffic, because everyone and I mean everyone needed a tutorial for them. I thought everyone would love those for co-worker gifts, teachers, stocking stuffers, etc. I felt like a snake oil salesman!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #5004  
Cardstock Collector

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #5005  
Insane Embellisher

The hot chocolate sliders are cute! Sorry they didnt sell well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #5006  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
this gave me a chuckle. two things stopped traffic at my booth. the snowman Hershey bars (which I sold dozens of) and the hot cocoa sliders. which only stopped traffic, because everyone and I mean everyone needed a tutorial for them. I thought everyone would love those for co-worker gifts, teachers, stocking stuffers, etc. I felt like a snake oil salesman!
Wow! Maybe next time you should show a sample and sell a print-out of the tutorial!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #5007  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh there was a sample and my 6'3" son was by my side like vanna white doing live demonstrations. we were quite the item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #5008  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughingstamperView Post
Has anyone seen anything new that they want to try? I'm preparing for a fall sale and looking for something to stop traffic at my booth.
I saw little notebooks made out of monopoly game property cards. They were bound with the Bind-It All. They were really cute. You can buy games at resale shops. They are even better if made with other monopoly games such as the Mickey Mouse, Star Wars, Simpson, etc. versions.
Judi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #5009  
Mad Swapper

sub
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #5010  
Mad Swapper

sub
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #5011  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone seen the mini composition books or mini gel pens for sale?
I used to find them at the dollar store but can't find any lately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #5012  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
Has anyone seen the mini composition books or mini gel pens for sale?
I used to find them at the dollar store but can't find any lately.
Diane mini comp books should start going on sale soon! Back to school around here starts in August. Our $ store sells them all year. And I stacked up on a bunch of mini spiral notebooks after Christmas.
I used to get the mini gel pens from Staples, but so many of them didn't work, that I think I am going to do their versions of RSVP pens instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #5013  
Glitter Guru

Diane, do you have Target in Canada? I found some mini gel pens in the $ spot there the other day but I decided to pass on them. They were a 6 pack (I think) of all different colors and they had 2 different color sets...at least at the Target here in IL. They were cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #5014  
Kookie Creator

Have you lot seen a card in a box, you can add things inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #5015  
Glitter Guru

I've been working on things for a couple of months now, just when I get the time and gumption to make things. Right now I find it hard to work on "Christmas" stuff so I have been doing my non-Christmas stuff....magnets, notebooks, acrylic frame stuff, etc. I need to see if the 2015 calendars are out yet so I can change out the stuff that didn't sell from last year.

I have a few new things I want to make. I would like to make some banners, which I have never made to sell before. I would also like to make some pincushion rings to go with my mini sewing kits. Saw those on pinterest and want to make them. I want to make some "birthday decoration kits" but who knows if I will ever get around to that!? Made some cute clip boards.

What are some of your new items you are making or want to make?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #5016  
Insane Embellisher

Okay here is my list of new items I am going to try:
  • I bought a bunch of Eye masks and mani kits last year on clearance at M's. I want to try and figure out a cute way to package them up. I bought both Ladies and girls versions of both.
  • I also bought a bunch of clipboards on clearance that I thought I could alter and sell.
  • And some chipboard albums....not really sure what I can do with those. I am thinking a wall hanging?? Spell out Joy or Noel? I believe they each have 5 pages so I could make quite a few.
  • I always have requests for bookmarks, and I found a tutorial someplace for magnetic bookmarks in a CD case I am thinking of doing.
  • And I am planning on doing some test tube treats once I can order the test tubes.
    I also have quite a few requests for my candy boxes, only empty, so the purchaser can fill with whatever candy they'd like. So I am going to make up some of those as well.
There you have it...that is my plan...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #5017  
Glitter Guru

Gina...my test tube treats always sell well!! I just bought some of the smaller plastic ones and fill them with 12 sixlets. I make a tag (last year used stickers and a small scallop circle so they were easy!) I sell them for $1 each. If your treats sell well, these should too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #5018  
Stampin' Fool

I have plans to do up some bookmarks also. I think I will do the washi tape magnetic ones. I made up some of these for the end of the season last year and they sold well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #5019  
Pearl-ExPert

My craft room is a total disaster so the 4th is dedicated to getting that cleaned up. Then I too can start some of the crafting for fall fairs. I bought test tubes a few years ago and never did them - so I will be using those this year. I usually start by doing tags - I sell a lot of bags of them - they are time consuming to do - I like to have 10-12 in a bag and so 5-6 different designs. And I do different ones each year (or at least somewhat different). I found some really cool keys (crafting type but they look very real) on a Facebook rummage sale sight and I'm going to do more of the Santa Keys - I did that one year and they sold very well. Bookmarks, notebooks, all of that stuff. I'm going to do more kid themed little notebooks too. My niece and nephew (10) ask for them from me - Angry Birds for one and owls for the other. Maybe for the sale notebook with a matching bookmark in a baggie or just there for them to purchase together if they want.

I need to go through my Pinterest saves too to see what I pinned to do! I usually just pin and go back when I have time to see if there are instructions, how putzy it is to do, etc.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 04:43 AM   #5020  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
Gina...my test tube treats always sell well!! I just bought some of the smaller plastic ones and fill them with 12 sixlets. I make a tag (last year used stickers and a small scallop circle so they were easy!) I sell them for $1 each. If your treats sell well, these should too!
Thank you Kelly! I do plan on doing some of these this year. My DD is always looking for something to help with, so this may be the perfect project for her, filling the tubes!

Did you get the tubes on line? Can you share where you got them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #5021  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRKIDDOView Post
Thank you Kelly! I do plan on doing some of these this year. My DD is always looking for something to help with, so this may be the perfect project for her, filling the tubes!

Did you get the tubes on line? Can you share where you got them?
I did get the test tubes online...there is a post on Kerry's Paper Crafts that told where she got them but the link doesn't seem to be working for the exact size she got and I ordered the same size. I cannot remember if it was 13mm or 16mm. I got the white hollow caps to go with them because they were cheaper and I wanted white so I could wrap ribbon around them and decorate the tops with stickers. Also, I wanted a cap that was airtight and stayed on really well.

Here is the website I got them from. Lake Charles Manufacturing

Now I ordered in a mass quantity...1000....and have had them for quite a few years and am getting toward the end. FYI...they arrived in a big plastic bag all bundled together loose so some of them were cracked (not a lot for there being 1000) and many of them were kind of scratched up. But I kind of rubbed a damp cloth on the outside of those and they looked better, plus when you get candy in them, you don't really notice the scratches.

These are skinny test tubes. M&Ms will not fit in them, they are too wide. I used Sixlets anyway as they are a bit cheaper as single color bags than the single color M&Ms and I can get the bags at my local Party City. On Kerry's blog she used Skittles in hers. 12-13 Sixlets fit in there and look cute! Also, FYI, Sixlets are nut and gluten-free and made in a nut and gluten-free facility, which I put on a sign by my test tubes. This was a big seller for some people who were giving them to kids or letting their kids hand them out at school. With food allergies so prevalent, this helped them sell well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #5022  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I did get the test tubes online...there is a post on Kerry's Paper Crafts that told where she got them but the link doesn't seem to be working for the exact size she got and I ordered the same size. I cannot remember if it was 13mm or 16mm. I got the white hollow caps to go with them because they were cheaper and I wanted white so I could wrap ribbon around them and decorate the tops with stickers. Also, I wanted a cap that was airtight and stayed on really well.

Here is the website I got them from. Lake Charles Manufacturing

Now I ordered in a mass quantity...1000....and have had them for quite a few years and am getting toward the end. FYI...they arrived in a big plastic bag all bundled together loose so some of them were cracked (not a lot for there being 1000) and many of them were kind of scratched up. But I kind of rubbed a damp cloth on the outside of those and they looked better, plus when you get candy in them, you don't really notice the scratches.

These are skinny test tubes. M&Ms will not fit in them, they are too wide. I used Sixlets anyway as they are a bit cheaper as single color bags than the single color M&Ms and I can get the bags at my local Party City. On Kerry's blog she used Skittles in hers. 12-13 Sixlets fit in there and look cute! Also, FYI, Sixlets are nut and gluten-free and made in a nut and gluten-free facility, which I put on a sign by my test tubes. This was a big seller for some people who were giving them to kids or letting their kids hand them out at school. With food allergies so prevalent, this helped them sell well for me.
Thanks for the tips and also for the link!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #5023  
Mad Swapper

[QUOTE=kspiv;206801I I would also like to make some pincushion rings to go with my mini sewing kits. Saw those on pinterest and want to make them. I want to make some "birthday decoration kits" but who knows if I will ever get around to that!? Made some cute clip boards.

What are some of your new items you are making or want to make?[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for the birthday decoration kits? I like the sounds of that!
Video Tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #5024  
Insane Embellisher

I've been invited to share a table at a craft fair in October. I work full time, so my craft time is limited. I do have some greeting card inventory.

If I can crank out a bunch of Christmas cards in the next few months, do you think they would sell at $5 each? Maybe some note cards and thank you cards. My share of the table fee would be $45 for 2 days.

Just trying to get a feel for whether it would be worth my time and effort. Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #5025  
Mad Swapper

Please post interesting links if you have them. I need more inspiration. I have made banners, cards, tile magnets, tags and mini albums. No food allowed at our fair.
Video Tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #5026  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Do you have a link for the birthday decoration kits? I like the sounds of that!
Paula...I was just going to make up my own thing, not really anything I have seen in one place but a bunch of things I have seen around that would be cute for a party.

I was going to put in 12 invitations, 12 Thank you notes, 12 cupcake toppers, 1 cake banner, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner, a few (probably 3) tissue paper pom poms (folded flat of course so they fit in a box), a roll of two-color crepe paper and a length of circles garland (probably 12 feet).

I want to make a "boys version" and a "girls version". Also, possibly some more neutral versions for anyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #5027  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Please post interesting links if you have them. I need more inspiration. I have made banners, cards, tile magnets, tags and mini albums. No food allowed at our fair.
Craft Fair Ideas on Pinterest

This is my Pinterest craft fair ideas board. I plan on trying some of these ideas this year. I have a ton of fleece that I got super cheap so I wanted to make some of the tissue holders (the monster ones and just regular ones) out of the fleece. I also wanted to make some hot & cold packs with rice (bought a huge thing of it at Sams!) and make fleece covers for the packs.

Magnets tend to do fairly well I think, and I believe it is Diane that sells tons of magnets each year. I haven't sold them in a few years so made some this time around. I also made the magnetic clothespin magnets so we will see how those sell. Marketing things is key when selling...give them ideas of HOW to use the items. I plan on not just having those magnetic clothespins on a metal sheet holding notes, but plan on having one sitting on the table with a name placecard in it and showing that it can be used as a placecard at dinners. I also have a tag on them giving some other ideas of what they can be used for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #5028  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for sharing the link. I am going to follow that board too. Does any one know where I can buy the mini coffee cups with lids? I found a place where I could get 50 for $12 but shipping was $20. So need cheaper resources!

Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #5029  
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly - I love those elf wine hats - I saw a picture of that on Pinterest but it didn't give any instructions. I'm making some of those for at least one of my sales - my sister is a sewer (the picture you posted is glued) so she is going to make them for me. I think they are adorable!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #5030  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinrealtorView Post
Thanks for sharing the link. I am going to follow that board too. Does any one know where I can buy the mini coffee cups with lids? I found a place where I could get 50 for $12 but shipping was $20. So need cheaper resources!

Maria
Maria,
This is what I paid for mine at Restaurant Supply | Restaurant Equipment Store

Choice 4 oz. Paper Hot Cup White 50 / Pack (9994W) $2.89 2
4 oz. Hot Paper Cup Travel Lid White 100 / Pack (999L4W) $4.59 1

Subtotal $10.37
Tax $0.00
Shipping $7.50
Total $17.87

Shipped to Wisconsin and they came super fast! My only complaint is that each sleeve was shorted 1 cup.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #5031  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Craft Fair Ideas on Pinterest

Magnets tend to do fairly well I think, and I believe it is Diane that sells tons of magnets each year. .
Yes, magnets sell very well. I have packaged them up as sets also which coordinate (soccer, football, etc) and they do pretty good.

Have you figured out how the Kleenex covers are made? I don't sew but am thinking maybe these could be made with glue?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #5032  
Stampin' Fool

Has anyone seen a download of the 2015 mini calendars yet??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #5033  
Glitter Guru

I do not see why the could not be glued. Either hot glue or Liquid Fabric (which is a tube glue that places like Walmart sell as well as any fabric store).

I was wondering what everyone is doing with those 4 oz. cups and lids. 4 oz isn't really enough for liquid, as even a packet of hot chocolate takes 6 oz. of water. I think they are really cute but was just curious how you are making/marketing these cups? Do you put candy in them instead?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #5034  
Pearl-ExPert

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

here is a link to a very cute mini coffee cup from the gallery but if you just search in the gallery for 'mini coffee cup' you will get all of them that are listed like that (for some reason I could not cut and past that!).

Candy in them - anything small, tea, coffee packets. Little baggie of hot chocolate? with that minty stick sticking out of the top (if that fits?)

I made some for family last year and put whoppers in them - cause I love whoppers and I bought a ton of them and had to get rid of them before I ate them all. But they are adorable and cute and just so tiny and ridiculous.

I had bought a pattern from a kid who made a snowman that fit on the cup. It was my last minute project last year (you always find that cute thing right when you are doing craft sales and have no time for something new!). So I have gazillions of those cups at home that need to get used up. This year that will happen.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #5035  
Cardstock Collector

A few years ago I made some small blog and website address books that listed the http/www, login/username, password , hints, email used , etc. Now I can't find my template that I used to print the pages. Can anyone help me. Someone would like me to make her one. I have several covers made and can't find the pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #5036  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it this one?
Caught in the Web Notebook pages by sn0wflakes at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2014, 04:16 AM   #5037  
Cardstock Collector

Not exactly like the one I had. Mine had two sections to a page done in boxes. But this is the best I have found so far and is definitely usable for what I want. Thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2014, 05:28 AM   #5038  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 741 Likes on 361 Posts

sub
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2014, 07:55 AM   #5039  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaLouCView Post
Not exactly like the one I had. Mine had two sections to a page done in boxes. But this is the best I have found so far and is definitely usable for what I want. Thank you so much!!
Did you find it on here or somewhere else?

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #5040  
Cardstock Collector

I can't remember where I found it. That is my problem.
Reply With Quote Likes