Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer generated sentiments? how to?

Im just wondering if there is a tutorial out there of how to do this. I do have Paint Shop Pro, ver. 7, I know how to write out a saying, but what I'm wondering is what size of font to use that isnt too big on cards. What I'm wanting to do, is type what I want , print it out and place it on the card...if that makes sense, lol!

Senior Design Team member for Gina K Designs
Behind the Scenes Crew at StampTV.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Smile computer generated

I just use Microsoft Word to create my sentiments and print them out on cardstock. I have even printed sentiments on transparency sheets ( you have to mirror image them) and they work just like rub ons. Make sure you cut out just the phrase you are going to use though as they transfer really easy.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 05:53 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

catdidit.....There is no need for a tutorial for writing sentiments on your computer. Just type it as you would any text. You have to decide what size you want and the style of font that will fit the size and design of your card. Print it out on what ever paper, vellum, cardstock, handmade paper, etc. you choose to match your card.

This is how I include any text I put on my cards. I don't use stamps except a very few.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

i'm not familiar with the program you are using so I can't be of much help there. but one tip I can give you will save your good paper ;) First print the image on copy paper. Then check the size. If it is correct then take a scrap of paper/cardstock and stick it over the printed image with a dry adhesive and run it back through the printer. That will print it on the scrap and save paper. If you are not sure how you paper runs through (which side is printed on) before you print it the first time make a small X in one corner and then be sure when you put it in the second time you place the X in the same position.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I always need a tutorial, lol! I'm so computer illiterate! Thanks for the tips on this though, gonna play around and see what I come up with!

Senior Design Team member for Gina K Designs
Behind the Scenes Crew at StampTV.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Tami Mayberry, that was an AWESOME tip... I never thought of just putting a little piece through the printer, so I thought I'd always use white CS. This opens up so many possibilities... Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by emptynextstamperView Post
I just use Microsoft Word to create my sentiments and print them out on cardstock. I have even printed sentiments on transparency sheets ( you have to mirror image them) and they work just like rub ons. Make sure you cut out just the phrase you are going to use though as they transfer really easy.

Hope that helps.
THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Red face Catdidit

I use my computer alot to say exactly what I want. I print it on copy paper and hold it up to the light with a card under it to see if it is the correct size, then put in my cs for another print. That way you can practice size and font. This was my first reply since signing up. I haven't figured out the SU demo site yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

You also might experiment by typing a word and making it several different sizes....print out on regular copy paper.....mark by each sample the size. Then when you need a sentiment, look at your sample page and you'll be pretty close on the size you need for that particular card. It is somewhat difficult for me to use Paint Shop for just words....much easier to use a program like Word or Word Perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

All wonderful ideas! I recently did a bunch of scrapbook pages using variations of MS Word built in tools. Go to (top) Insert>Picture>WordArt
You can make great variations with that tool. Use the menu to change colors and fonts. You can also use the other tools on that menu for shapes etc. It is fun to play with and really makes nice banner type wording.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Another good tip that I have used for some years. If you have an ink jet printer, print out your sentiment and then as soon as it comes out of the printer, cover it with embossing powder and then heat emboss it. I have used this for glittery sentiments on christmas cards and it works really well. This works on all sorts of papers. I particularly like it on tracing paper. However you do have to be quick and have your powder ready the minute it emerges from the printer!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by emptynextstamperView Post

Hope that helps.
How do you set it to print mirror image? I've looked around and can't find that option.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Create a mirror image of an object
1. Click the AutoShape, picture, WordArt, or clip art you want to duplicate.
2. Click Copy and then click Paste .
3. On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, point to Rotate or Flip, and then click Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.
4. Drag and position the duplicate object so that it mirrors the original object.
Note You may need to override the Snap-To-Grid option to position the object precisely. To do this, press ALT as you drag the object.

This is very easy. If you do not see your Draw toolbar, go to View>Toolbars>Draw
Just play around with a WordArt word and you will see it work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Default Computer Sentiments

A BIG Thank You! to Tammy Mayberry - I'm going to use up lots of scraps with your idea. And another Thank You! to French Chablis - I'm going to try these tips. I create most of my own Sentiments on the computer, so I can always say exactly what I want. For Father's Day I also wrote a poem of sorts on my hubbys card. He was so impressed. To view you can see it on my blog by the same name: it's tagged Father's Day. Hope it's o.k. to say that. I just signed up today so I'm a newbie. Have patience with me. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes