Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blending with Markers ???

:( I have recently been trying (with little success) to use the blender pens with my SU markers. I am using Classic Black ink on SU white cardstock to stamp and then coloring in with the markers. When I go to blend with the pens, it picks up the black ink, too. the color from the markers doesn't blend well either- what am i doing wrong???? wrong paper? wrong ink?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntingwidow
:( I have recently been trying (with little success) to use the blender pens with my SU markers. I am using Classic Black ink on SU white cardstock to stamp and then coloring in with the markers. When I go to blend with the pens, it picks up the black ink, too. the color from the markers doesn't blend well either- what am i doing wrong???? wrong paper? wrong ink?
Marker ink won't blend... you need to use the ink from the ink pad (smoosh together the pad while it's closed to get ink on the top of the holder - then rub the blender pen in it ~ then apply to the paper) or, use the watercolor crayons, chalks, or pencils to blend with. The SU markers are more like a permanent marker look - no watercoloring or blending with them... sorry. :( I hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

What???

I've read numerous places that the blending pens can be used with the markers!!!!!!!! Obviously you are right, but that makes me mad because it was really the only reason I spent the 120.00 on those stupid things:mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntingwidow
I've read numerous places that the blending pens can be used with the markers!!!!!!!! Obviously you are right, but that makes me mad because it was really the only reason I spent the 120.00 on those stupid things:mad:
Oh, I'm sorry! The markers really are to be used as markers... they dry too fast to be used for blending.

One thing you might try is rubbing your blender pen on the "fat tip" of the marker - get color onto the blender pen, THEN apply to the paper... but once you put that marker on the paper, it's dry.

Markers are best used directly to the stamp - if you have a stamp you want to use multiple colors on, color it with the markers then apply to the paper - or certainly to color in an image with a bold look.

I'm so sorry! Don't get down on the markers though... you'll use them! I use mine all the time - just not with my blender pens. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used my markers last night with my blender pen in this way:

1. Take a stamp case and scribble on it in the color that you want to use in the image.

2. Rub my blender pen in the ink and then apply to my image.

3. Run my blender pen on my scrap paper to get the ink out.

I also have used them the way pp suggested with squishing the ink pad lid to get the ink picked up but I was really happy last night because I was at someone else's house and got there with my pen case but no stamp pads and this worked wonderfully! I just took a damp papertowel to clean up my stamp case.

Oh, and BTW, I have trouble with the lines of the image blurring if I'm not sure to give it plenty of time to dry or if I don't take the embossing gun to it.

Peg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by p7eggyc
I used my markers last night with my blender pen in this way:

1. Take a stamp case and scribble on it in the color that you want to use in the image.

2. Rub my blender pen in the ink and then apply to my image.

3. Run my blender pen on my scrap paper to get the ink out.

I also have used them the way pp suggested with squishing the ink pad lid to get the ink picked up but I was really happy last night because I was at someone else's house and got there with my pen case but no stamp pads and this worked wonderfully! I just took a damp papertowel to clean up my stamp case.

Oh, and BTW, I have trouble with the lines of the image blurring if I'm not sure to give it plenty of time to dry or if I don't take the embossing gun to it.

Peg
Great idea! I didn't even think of that and I'm a demo - shame on me!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've blended my markers with an aquapainter. I always use black StazOn and it works great. In fact, a card I did with this technique is in this month's Paper Crafts!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I've blended markers many times using the blender pen and have never had a problem. I do, however, always make sure I stamp the image in Black Stazon, not regular black ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes you have to use a permant ink and if you use watercolor paper it works even better. By the way Tombow Markes blend so beautifully you actually think it is real watercolor! I have never been able to get this effect with the SU markers.
Reply With Quote Likes