Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default middle age & cont education?

I am just wondering...Any one out there going back to college?
I am in my thirties, finish with associate degree nursing in 2003. Birthday goal this year was to start on my bachelor's degree courses before next bday. Well, I did it. I applied to University of Phoenix online. I like the sound of the shcedule. You do a six week course and then rest for one week and then repeat. All for about 2 or so years.

I like to think, and so this will be great. I will spend the next few weeks doing house work and getting afairs into line so I can go at this with all of my might. Oh, yeah, I am going to cont to work and be mom too.

I will coming on her so frequently and my new stamping hobby, but I am sure I will need over study therapy.

any how any comments??

jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #2  
LOSTchick

Jenn,

Congratulations on going back to get your bachelor's degree! I am in my late thirties and there was a time I seriously thought about going back to get my masters. However, where I live, I would only make about $500 a year more teaching with my masters than w/o. So, I never took the plunge to do it. I think you deserve a big pat on the back for going back! You won't regret it!!

Hugs,

Melissa

P.S. With a thread like this, you may get a bigger response in the chit chat forum. Just a thought!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

thank you for the tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, my mom is 61 and is back in college studying Computer Engineering. This coming from a woman who was a professional tailor by trade. My mom is from Japan and while I was in college, decided she wanted an American diploma so she went to community college and got a GED. Then she decided she wanted a 2yr degree so she got that. Then she decided she wanted to go to the Univ of WA to get a 4yr degree. Her arthritis got the better of her and she was unable to finish. A few years ago she taught herself how to create a website and has been hooked on computers ever since. I call her a Japanese Martha Stewart...whatever she puts her mind to she can do and do it well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 06:10 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

wow your mom must amazing! do you feel motivated by her?
send her my support!

jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

You go Girl!! I was 30, married, & with a toddler before I went to college at all. I made a good living as a dental assistant, so I was in no hurry to go back to school, but knew I could do more with my life. I went through a ROUGH dental hygiene program and DOUBLED my income. Now I work when I want (and stamp the rest of the time). It is nice. Good luck.

Jackie Krezenski
The Stampin' Tooth Fairy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes