Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2024, 12:22 PM   #1481  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,070 Likes on 1,564 Posts

We had snow vernight and several power outages! Every time the power went out and came back on our clock in the bedroom would beep. And every time it came back on, I could hear the printer reset in my craftroom. Needless to say I didn’t sleep much. DH slept through it all.
thinking of Pansy, wondering if she was able to go to the hospital. They got it worse than us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 09:07 AM   #1482  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 908 Likes on 578 Posts

Hoping Pansy is doing well!

Kathy how are you doing with winter?

Jan, how is Spain?

How is Everyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 11:17 AM   #1483  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 492 Likes on 309 Posts

Hello Lynn and everyone! Had surgery Tuesday. spent the night in hospital as had bee told I would, came home about 4 yesterday. Had had 3 PT sessions prior to dismissal and go for first hour long one tomorrow at 8 am. I climbed 18 stair steps yesterday and as a result was sore when I arrived home. However, I had a good night of sleep ( only up twice) and have been doing my exercises and walking my laps around the house.
We had a major snowstorm begin Sunday and as a result my son has worked more than 50 hours just Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday morning removing snow from around all the schools.
Bitter Arctic cold is to arrive tonight and stay for most of a weeK so Lynn we will be suffering along with you. Our schools opened from Christmas break today for the first time. Possiblility of no school tomorrow due to temps as we do have kids who walk to school over hal a mile and they could become frostbitten or worse doing so.
I am feeling well. Hoping for speedy recovery and PT that only lasts 3 weeks but we will see.
Be warm and safe during this weather......
Pansy

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 12:37 PM   #1484  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,952 Likes on 2,209 Posts

Glad you are doing well, Pansy. I see my regular doc on Monday. I'm giving up PT as it is not helping. I had a rough two nights and hurt today but still took mom to Walmart.

Walmart delivered my DVD yesterday so I started watching the series all over again. I'll do that before I watch the last season. This is "Fear The Walking Dead". I think they're done. I don't think there's going to be a season 9. I think I watched the first episode of season 8 online. AMC had a habit of letting you watch the first episode for free. but instead of watching the rest of season 8 that I didn't see, I'm going to start from the beginning as a reminder. they mention a character in season 8 that I thought was killed off in season 5 or 6. They don't usually bring a character back so if he's there I'm thinking it will be through memories. I watched the first two episodes. Of the first season. The early seasons on that show were not my favorite because the son is a heroin addict. On "The Walking Dead", my favorite episodes were the first couple seasons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 02:54 PM   #1485  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pansy I am glad you are doing well! I hope they keep the roads clear in case you need to go out.

Kathy it may be the person versus the PT routine. I hope the doc can figure out someone who can help you!

Yup winter has arrived It's not too bad. I just worry about grumpy slipping out there.

I am very glad I stopped the med. My brain is clearer but I am still tired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 06:22 PM   #1486  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Pansy, you are amazing! I was concerned with
all the weather there and you going for surgery. So pleased tou are doing so well. God does answers prayers! God is amazing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 10:37 PM   #1487  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,396 Likes on 1,171 Posts

Pansy great to hear you are doing so well after your surgery.

Lynn the weather is good here, cloudy and cool mornings and sunny warm afternoons, we’ve just ordered a blind for the conservatory window as it’s too hot in there even this time of year when the suns out, need to pay the deposit when we go out later, we’re going for lunch to celebrate Steve’s Birthday!! 73! Yikes how did we get to this age haha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2024, 05:59 AM   #1488  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, I had to go off gabapentin a week and a half after being on it. I was ok taking one at night but I was to take a second the second week and I started being so confused and unable to function.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2024, 06:41 AM   #1489  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone! It is 8 degrees Fahrenheit, here this morning! Brr! Stay warm! I have long John’s on under my sweats! LOL There is still snow on the ground from our 3 inches and some more we got, but most melted, because it got up to 40 yesterday. Planning on staying inside and crafting today and tomorrow. It is forecast for 3 on Sunday, so don’t know about church, yet.

Pansy, thinking of you.

Kathy, it has been a long road for you since your surgery. Sorry that PT didn’t work for you. It did for my wrists, and for my hip, but for my shoulder, (torn rotator cuff in 201, it just made the pain worse.

Happy 73rd to Steve! Jan just wait until your DH is in the 80s to feel really old! LOL

Hope you are doing better, Lynn. When is your doctor appointment?

waving to Ina. 👋👋
and Jill. 👋👋

who else is out there? Check in and say hi.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 06:57 AM   #1490  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 598 Likes on 371 Posts

It's a good day for crafting........ snowy and blustery. I have no reason to even go out my door, as one neighbour plowed my driveway and another one shoveled the walkway. I'm thinking flowers! I'll be posting a sunflower card shortly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 07:22 AM   #1491  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here you are Pansy. My sunflower card for your challenge. It's nice to play with floral paper on a stormy winter day. Sunflowers for Sharon by yellowrose46 at Splitcoaststampers
I hope you are still doing well post surgery. How is everyone else? I hope the sleep issues can be resolved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 09:48 AM   #1492  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thinking of Pansy. It is cold where she is and here, too. This morning it was 1-degree Fahrenheit, with a wind chill of minus 19!

Thanks for reminding us of this month's challenge, Ina!

January Challenge: Pansy: TSBT724 Sunflowers

I love sunflowers; and Ina I love your card, too. Kansas state flower in the Sunflower.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 10:40 AM   #1493  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did not know that the Kansas state flower is a sunflower. I know that it is also Ukraine's flower.
it is not cold here, but we had a ton of snow overnight. At midnight it was 39 degrees here, but now it has gone down to 25 degrees. That snowbwas very heavy this morning because it was above freezing and it was full of water. The snow that is coming down now is much lighter. And the wind iscstill blowing hard too. I am blessed to be able to stay in my warm house today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 01:54 PM   #1494  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is a windy day in the 100 acre woods, I would like to hibernate under a heated blanket like Pooh please! I have been listening to the wind whistling through my windows all day.

Happy happy birthday Steve!

Grumpy is off to see E for his birthday, I think 85. I know he has snow tires and all wheel drive. All the snow I saw fall seems to have blown everywhere. I am being good and staying inside with hot chocolate. The cat is looking for a warm spot and there isn't one she likes. Every time she jumps on me her paws are cold!

My appointment is not till March so nothing is happening except for the report I gave my doc on the med.

Big huge warm hugs all around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 05:02 PM   #1495  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the reminder!

TSBT724 SUNFLOWERS by muscrat at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 05:40 PM   #1496  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, love your sunflower card; mine is in process.

could you fix your keyword? S/b TSBT724

twisted Sister Bus Tour 7 24

as in tour #7.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 06:31 PM   #1497  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone! It made it to 7 today I think but was zero a couple hours ago.
Sent my oldest daughter home this afternoon. She has a demanding job managing the lab for National Beef packing house and will need some time in her almost totally empty house to get ready for all the fires that will start because the plant was unable to work full shifts...BUT if youcan't bring the cattle in( due to blocked roads, ice and horribly cold temperatures,) you can't run the harvest and processing parts of the plant.
I stuck my nose out for about 15 seconds today to literally throw a full trash bag to the end of the garage for disposial later with Mother Nature decides to play nice.
My recovery is going well. At the assessment PT on Friday, I received "woW's for things like being able to lift my leg onto the table and for not wimping out. I have been doing home versions of those exercises ( I mean who has a 25 thousand dollar machine just sitting at their house) and I am sleeping good and meeting the PP"s that post surgery seems to demand. I will not be taking any more Oxcicotin(sp)...Took one as was instructed 45 minutes before PT on Friday and breezed through the exercises....returned home and was trying a lap around the living room and kitchen walkway when I became extremely light headed and began to sweat profusily. Since the Oxci ws the only thing new in the mix, we decided that was the cause and I will see if an extra Tyolnol will get me through PT.
I planned ahead for crafting and had items, supplies and directions ready to be brought upstairs on Wednesday but postphoned it to Thursday because my helpers didn't come on Wednesday. But Thursday night I crafted for about an hour with my daughter and Friday I did two or three hours spread out over the day. today another 3 and tomorrow with no one here I might divide the day into even more crafting. I have a pair of pills I have to take 6 times each day so RN daughter -in -law put alarms on my phone to make sure I don't forget one and also sorted the pills into a spare medicine weekly holder I have.
So at 3 am, 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm, 7pm 11pm I am up finding my pills. Managed to read a bit today and had fun with my daughter too.
Stay warm and at home if you can tomorrow and into next week. reports here are that roads are just a dangerous as they were during the storm as the ice has had no incentive to go away and many slide offs and Yikes I can't stop accidents are happening.
Be good! More news when it is good or funny or both.

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by c-mouse:
muscrat (01-14-2024), smadson (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 06:38 AM   #1498  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Kathy, love your sunflower card; mine is in process.

could you fix your keyword? S/b TSBT724

twisted Sister Bus Tour 7 24

as in tour #7.
thanks Sharon, fixed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
smadson (01-14-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 11:00 AM   #1499  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK. I made a card but can't figure out how to get it off my new phone! I went out!! The sun is shining and it is only -9c out. I went to Ikea. I was dressed for outside so I got hot in the store. I am loving my hikers though! I had llbean snow sneakers that I usually wear at this time of year but it hurts with the arthritis in my foot. My son recommended hikers that are waterproof with a rubber sole. They are comfy, stable, not too heavy and have worked for all the weather we have had since fall. I managed to get them on clearance! So I can get my steps in even though the weather has been weird.

Forgot to say I am old! I am having issues with my left knee so I have to move my driver seat all the way back and then lift in my leg. Uuggh. My knee locks and this is the only way I can make it work.

How is Pansy doing? I hope you have plenty of safe areas to walk while you recover!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 11:51 AM   #1500  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, my left middle finger locks up. Not all the time but enough to be an annoyance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 04:29 PM   #1501  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! Snowbound is not my idea of fun....Snowbound and unable to drive myself at all is even worse...Have PT tues, weds, and Fri this week and made decision to not travel to a meeting site for a group I belong to . The group holds a meeting in mid-late January every year. Two years ago, as my habit is: I drove to the site the night before only to get a call an hour later stating the person who was supposed to PICK UP the meeting room key had forgotten to do so and there was no way to contact the site and find other ways to do so. So a night in the motel waking to a slushy messy snowy day for the entire drive home... Last year,,,,same group, same meeting site, drive up check in at motel, and at 9 pm mmy phone starts erupting with people saying they just don't want to face the drive and possible storms to begin during the meeting time...so same as the year before...I drove back home and had no problems at all and there was never even much coverage of the "storm" NOTE I was stopping off and on to take snow photos all the way home.
So for this one....I asked that a ZOOM call be abvailabile and will stay in bed and possibly PJS to attend the meeting..for 2024. We are out of school again tomorrow due to -20+ wind chill and more wind tomorrow. Walker is now history...used it in hospital, took it to first PT session was told I was doing well enough not to need it unless I felt it was safer....so back to the storage in the basement it went. I have completed approximately 100 cards that were just lacking ribbon, or one stamp or final glue jobs since last Thursday. Have a few more to finish up in the same manner of need and then it will be on to new Messes --or excuse me I mean creations....I found the card I want to use for my challenge and it is about 2/3 done. My grands asked to make cards today so the twins each completed an orginal card for their teachers and older one made 3 or 4 orginals for part of his teachers. Had plenty of time to sit and do stretches and exercises with that going on. was able to move two empty bins back down stairs and one bin of cards to to be filed as well. Hope tomorrow goes as well.
Stay safe and warm everyone.....

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (01-16-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 05:28 PM   #1502  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow!! Pansy you literally can't sit still!

Today we had sunshine and it was great! Maybe if we get more of it I can create again. Right now I have no MOJO at all. Well the room is cold 73f so that doesn't help. Watching Jesse Stone movies and cat is looking for some where warm again. It is 24c in here so that should be fine!

Big hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 06:55 AM   #1503  
Proud Fan Club Member

I woke to 3" of snow. I swept the back deck off but DH won't let me do much more. I live shoveling and feel good enough to do it, but if I do, I'll pay for it later. I saw my family doc yesterday. He told me to have PT generate a final report as I'm not going to go back. It isn't helping. His only report was from before PT. He said he'd call my back doc then and maybe they'd order a nerve test.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 07:55 AM   #1504  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy I am glad your doc is working with you.

OK on the new med my BP was 165... off the med for a week and it is 131. Yeah! It is snowing and grumpy says it is slippery. No going out for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 08:44 AM   #1505  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is mine for sunflowers: TSBT724 Pocket for DD sm by smadson at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 02:16 PM   #1506  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great sunflowers ladies!

Grumpy was just here for an emergency tech visit. So my tv started acting up. It started losing streaming services and then the display would not turn on! I managed to connect to cable tv and i could hear it but not see anything. I was trying to figure it out for over 7 hours. So my son says i should just turn it off and on again, i almost belted him! It was turned off for over 15 minutes and finally after some fiddling the display came back on! Uugghh! This is an android tv we bought me a few years ago. You can't do much if there is no picture!

So while he was here he showed me how to get pictures on my phone! Yeah! I think I need a hot chocolate!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 04:00 PM   #1507  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Love that card Sharon.....love the site where you obtained it as well.

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (01-21-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 04:45 PM   #1508  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes Pansy, I watch all of Jackie Bolhuis' videos. She makes everything so easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 06:48 PM   #1509  
Stazon Splitcoast

my December challenge card...not an xmas card
this is for a person who used to be my physio. now that she has retired she does a ton of quilting. I tried to make it look like a pieced quilt for her.
Attached Thumbnails
Twisted Sisters Bus Tour #7 (Helmets required) New one-fmcsewon.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 08:40 PM   #1510  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good job!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 09:05 PM   #1511  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,396 Likes on 1,171 Posts

Lynn thankfully I have Steve for technical stuff, I have no interest but he keeps says he doesn’t know what I would do without him as even changing the channels on the Tv is complicated, I wrote it all down in a notebook!!!

Im so pleased we don’t have snow, I hate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2024, 06:03 AM   #1512  
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to love snow, as I was a skier, but since I broke my shoulder and dislocated it too, which was the most painful part, I have lost my nerve. We went to Taos a few years back on spring break, and I only made one run. At the top it was great, but closer to the bottom, the snow was softer, and I freaked out. Because those were the same spring skiing conditions that I fell on. I still long for one more run, but it won't happen. However, I will do some x-country on the golf course because it is scheduled for a housing development soon. Right now, it has a trail through the woods and a few little knolls as well as a bridge over a stream. They will probably mostly disappear once the million $ homes are built.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2024, 11:27 AM   #1513  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well it is cold! Windchill was -24c so that was what grumpy was doing his 18 miles of walking in. He felt it! He hates that he scares people when he is all bundled up. The little old lady on his route does not recognize him when he is covered from head to toe to keep warm. Kerra , the corgi I had, loved the cold but eventually it would bother her paws. So stay warm and safe everyone! I am wondering if I have sunflowers but I have the door of the room closed as it is 63f in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2024, 02:04 PM   #1514  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn, what's the issue with 63°F? Too warm? The living areas in my house are 61°, but the bedrooms are cooler.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2024, 03:38 PM   #1515  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I didn't explain correctly. The spare room, where I have my craft stuff, when it gets below 70f I close the door. I don't care if my bedroom is that temperature as I sleep better when the room is cool. So I save any heat for the living room by blocking off the cold from the other rooms. That way if I turn on a heater it is only heat for one room. Right now all the floors and walls are cold plus the hallway is blowing cold air. I have over 17 feet of old windows in the living room that just radiate the cold. So I block off what I don't need and only heat where I am. It's my cat who really hates it. Lol. She is OK in the bedroom at night since I have an electric throw on the bed and she sleeps on that. Does this make more sense? I do need to protect my neck from getting cold so I have a small scarf. If the metal plate in my neck gets cold I have a hard time warming up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2024, 05:05 PM   #1516  
Stazon Splitcoast

The crazy part! I went to my neighbor across the hall the other night. I was wearing fleece and she has the equivalent of a spring dress. Her place was at least 27c and she had the patio door open!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2024, 05:51 PM   #1517  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Lynn, I was just messing with you. I know that 63 ° is cold for you. 61° is cool for memtoo, but my electric heat is expensive and I have lots of sweaters to wear when I am just sitting around. When I am busy, the temp is just fine for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2024, 06:45 PM   #1518  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry Ina, I didn't mean it that way. Lol. I had been trying to explain the building to my neighbor so that was top of mind. She has always lived in a house so she was always in control of the hot or cold. When maman lived it the senior apartment she always turned off the heat! She complained that the little old ladies kept the place too hot! Now my son is the opposite of me. His place does not fluctuate much. They never did connect the radiator in the living room after it flooded and the one in the dining room has never worked since he moved in. His location is very different from mine as he is on the 2nd floor with a bunch of trees in the area outside his balcony. He can't grow anything because the trees block all the sun. His humidity doesn't go down to desert level like mine as he is much closer to the ground/earth. The apartment below him has their windows just about a foot above ground. So if I give him something at the balcony I just pass it to him with my cane. He could probably pull himself onto the balcony if he wanted too.

Oh. My neighbor in 1003 will be cursing this year. She has done up her balcony nicely and sits out often. We'll this year they will renovate the concrete canopy over the entrance to the building 8 floors directly below! I forwarned her. The outdoor rug and good outdoor furniture will need to be protectec some how. Did i tell you she had broadloom carpet installed in the living and dining room? I have area rugs. Yup you don't put anything in a rental that you can't take with you! This is her first time being in a rental, I think she is 75.

Stay warm. I am glad I don't live in Buffalo New York!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2024, 10:05 AM   #1519  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo-hoo! I have achieved! Grumpy brought Chipotle for lunch. Then he helped me do some decluttering! I had put craft and office stuff from the living room into bins. There were just on the floor of the crap room. We got a bunch sorted. A bunch recyclable and some for the school! Woo-hoo. I have a bunch of shredding to do as well. I saw some paper that I can do a birthday card with. Can't remember if it had sunflowers? I do have a better starting point! Very happy!

The crap room is 65f which is perfect for moving heavy boxes around. I should say, grumpy moves the boxes. I sit in my chair and sort. After an hour he has to help me up cause my joints seize! Lol

Last edited by FMcrafter; 01-18-2024 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2024, 02:49 PM   #1520  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Hello ladies! Feels like it has been a bit since I have been on SCS. Sounds like everyone is surviving the winter so far. I actually got out and did my own shoveling last week. My BIL has been kind and doing it for me since my accident, but they were out of town. The city gives you 24 hours to clear walks before they start issuing tickets. I was more concerned with being able to get out of my driveway (it is off the alley and not plowed) than I was the walks. Took 3 trips out with rest in between, but I got it done.

Kathy I am so sorry that you are still having pain since your back surgery.

Pansy, you are a rock star! So impressed you don't need the walker already! Are you doing ok with extra Tylenol for PT? When it was time to get off the Oxci they had me alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen. That way as one was wearing off, the other at started to take effect.

Hello to everyone else! Hoping to poke my head in a little more often and check in with you all.
Reply With Quote Likes