Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2023, 07:02 PM   #1161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 908 Likes on 578 Posts

So Ina I can do stuff like this on my cricut. Do all the cutting then you can assemble

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l5XJeuhHlYU&feature=share7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2023, 03:46 AM   #1162  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,070 Likes on 1,564 Posts

That Angel in the video is so pretty, Lynn. You sent me down a rabbit hole! I don’t even own a circuit! LOL

Jan, planning and looking forward to your trip is part of the fun of a trip, I think. Yes, aging has caught up with us, here. No more cruises or big trips with DH. I will just enjoy all my scrap albums.

Kathy, my sis is getting something for her back instead of surgery. I don’t know what, but whatever it is, she has been fighting with Medicare to get them to pay for it. They didn’t think it was necessary , but she has convinced them. She has been living in pain.

Ina, have you been having fun with your grandson kayaking? When does school start there? I think ours starts this week or next. Two different school buses, one smaller and one large one have gone by our house this morning, maybe for grade school and the other for higher grades? Our little circle is a no outlet street, so maybe they are just practicing their routes. We have several different ages of kids living around here.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
jan31 (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 04:13 AM   #1163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 598 Likes on 371 Posts

Lynn, I have not watched the video, but the angels do look lovely.
Travelling does get more diificult as we age. Even travelling by car. On Tuesday, I spent an hour on a busy freeway (highway 401) So many trucks. It's the first time I have driven mostly in the left lane, of a 3 lane hwy each way, and that is not my comfort zone. But because of grandkids, I will still be going to Texas and Colorado.
School here starts the Tuesday or Wed after Labour day in September. However, my 12 yr old grsndson in Colorado started school for the first time this Tuesday. Up until now, he has been home schooled.
I was out kayaking with Leif yesterday, but he was tired and there were motor boats speeding quite clisely to us, so we were only out about 20 minutes. Also, Leif needs a shorter paddle. He had been to a waterpark the day before.
Well, time to do a bit of gardening. Have a great day everyone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 04:39 AM   #1164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,396 Likes on 1,171 Posts

Our eldest GS started High school yesterday but it’s not a state school so not sure when they go back , ten year old goes back next Monday , the holidays have gone quickly but they have been to so many places, started in Cuba, Hawaii, New York, Berlin, Spain, England and Iceland on the way home all since the end of May, I think they are exhausted LOL

We have five weeks before we start our drive North to the ferry, we still get excited about the drive and boat trip, we dread the thought of not being fit enough to do it although we share the driving.
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 09:28 AM   #1165  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went on a polite rant. So I got notification that I didn’t pay my rent. This is twice they lost my cheque! So I check my bank and the payment went through. So I copy the info and send it back to them. Then I go to the office. Oh yes you did pay your rent. You owe $30 on the last month rent that they hold till I leave. But it doesn't say that because it is automated! They are going to the board to request a higher than normal rent increase! So what about me getting stuck in the new elevator 5 times! Oh you can't use the emergency button to call out because it is NOT hooked up. What about multiple tenants nat having enough heat. Did I put in a work order? Yes. You put in a work order and they call the contractor and close the work order. So you still don't have heat so you put in a work order. They contact the contractor and close your work order. No one ever checks that the work is done. This is at least 2 years now. So I have put up insulation so I can be warm but the renr includes heat that they don't provide at a proper level so they want a big increase in rent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2023, 04:21 PM   #1166  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,952 Likes on 2,209 Posts

Lynn, that stinks! My sister got notice that they've eliminated her position! She's worked at this hospital for 30 years!! I'm praying the severance package is good so she has time to find something else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2023, 04:48 PM   #1167  
Stazon Splitcoast

Are they crazy! Umm we just went through a pandemic so let's get rid of hospital staff! I hope she finds something!

On a different note. I just got notified about a thread on the psoriasis forum. So 2015 I had my spinal fusion. Since then my sensitivities are getting worse. Especially since I didn't have psoriasis before the surgery. Now this guy had surgery after a motorcycle accident. After pins were placed and he recovered, he started having issues near the pins. Years later he was able to remove the pins and the skin issues resolved. Now I thought I was crazy, I know they won't remove the metal plate, but I don't feel as crazy. No Kathy I am not trying to scare you. This is about me and some strangeness that I am trying to figure out with me. Your surgery was completely different.

Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2023, 05:55 PM   #1168  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did my necessary change of sleep med and am now in purgatory while we see when my body and bra8n will be in the same time zone.

Just watch the second episode of the TV show Departure. This one is about a ferry boat that goes down off the east coast, Newfoundland. The production is in conjunction with Shaftsbury so there are quite a few Canadians. The ferry part of the show is pretty hokey seeing as there are tons of boats or ships they could have filmed. Yup I need sleep
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2023, 03:21 PM   #1169  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is half way through the month and grumpy may be sick. He forewarned me cause we usually get together on Thursday. I hear there is a new covid variant making the rounds and I hope he doesn't have it.

Just got new my high-school friends dad just passed away from cancer. I got a card but have no idea what to say in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2023, 10:10 AM   #1170  
Stazon Splitcoast

Grumpy stayed home from work so he can get better. I went to the barber shop for a hair cut, we were all little old ladies! It is mid August and only 19 c at 2pm! I am sending some to Spain for Jan. Off to make chicken noodle soup for my son.
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (08-18-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 01:36 PM   #1171  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sick. Coughing up a lung. Was freez8ng this morning now I am sweating. Pain every where.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2023, 02:17 PM   #1172  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, hope you feel better soon! My niece has covid. We haven't been around her in years so we are safe, at least from her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2023, 03:51 PM   #1173  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am so sorry you are sick, Lynn! Sounds terrible. Hugs!
Hi Kathy, how are you? I am glad you weren’t around the Covid . You don’t need anything else. I haven’t heard of any Covid around here for quite awhile.
it was 111 here yesterday, and near that today. In KC the heat index was 118 yesterday! Ridiculous! I went to church yesterday morning and evening , but was just outside from car to church door, and church door to car, and then in my garage getting in car and out. Otherwise stayed in my cool house! In fact in church I took a sweater to wear in church it was so cold! LOL. I have stayed in all day today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2023, 05:38 PM   #1174  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Sharon. Thanks for asking. I'm still aching pretty good. My left leg hurts and the foot swells a little. Also my lower back is aching and very itchy around the incision. I see the doctor Thursday. Tomorrow I'm going with my sister and mom. They both have appts one hour apart so I'm going in case sisters appt is running late. Then I will drive mom over to her appt and go back for sister. Their appts are only about a half mile from each other. I haven't driven since surgery. Mainly because of pain meds. But I'm not taking those as often.
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (08-21-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 07:14 AM   #1175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Take it easy Kathy. Another day of coughing up my lungs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2023, 07:26 AM   #1176  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, is it covid? That's going around.....again! My niece has it. Luckily we don't hang out with her. We made it through the years of original covid without getting it, so I thought we were safe. I guess I still need to stay vigilant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2023, 07:29 AM   #1177  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know Kathy. I will have my son talk to the nurse tomorrow and see if there is anything I should be doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2023, 04:39 PM   #1178  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK all I am doing is coughing so I started watching videos

https://youtube.com/live/BMp7RswS1-Y...zgkooKVFu2EhFN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2023, 05:38 PM   #1179  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, you sent me down another rabbit hole! LOL. I haven’t watched TH I a long time!

I hope you get to feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2023, 07:45 AM   #1180  
Stazon Splitcoast

A bit better but this is taking for EVER
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (08-29-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 09:30 AM   #1181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn sorry to hear you are still feel sick, not heard of any covid here, fingers crossed !!!

weather has cooled a little as it’s quite windy, had half a bucket of leaves from outside the gate, annoying as our neighbour has two trees that they never trim and that’s what I was sweeping up,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2023, 06:08 PM   #1182  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 598 Likes on 371 Posts

I hope you get better soon Lynn, and you too Kathy. We do have several people in our area with Covid. A lady in our Bible study is quite sick with it.
i feel a little gulty to report I have had a wonderful week. Went kayaking 3 times, once with my neighbours' 13 year old granddaughter. It was a really dull morning, with dark threatening clouds and we watched so many fish jump up. We also saw them swimming just below the surface. One loon was out.
i got a fair bit of gardening done, both at my place and at the neighbours. It just so wonderful being in among the lush blooms. So many phlox, purple coneflowers and brown eyed susans, as well as annuals are in full bloom. Fragrant too.
On Saturday I attended an outdoor ladies luncheon. Hosted by a Scottish lady and 2 Irish gals. It was reminiscent of a British high tea. Linen tablecloths, fine china, candles (which would not stay lit because of a breeze), delicious/fancy sandwiches (GF for two of us), scones with cream and strawberries, and to die for desserts. The food was not on the table very long before the table was swarmed by uninvited guests....... bees and wasps. Fortunately, our hostess had lots of room inside, and with the help of her husband the move was quite seamless and we continued to have a great time. Oh yes, we were instructed to wear hats, and some of us dressed up in garden party dresses.
Sunday was quiet. Today, I got to take my 10 year old grandson swimming in our local pool/waterslide.
In the morning, I will go kayaking again. The outside temp will be around 50°, but the water is still warm. I watched the moon come up over the lake this eve. Wednesday it will be a full moon. A blue moon (second of this month).
i haven't been doing much cardmaking lately.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2023, 08:19 PM   #1183  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Ina that sounds awesome!

Grumpy had a great time with the boys. Early Friday morning they went up to Algonquin park for the weekend. His voice, when he comes back is like a deep contented sigh. Unfortunately work was worse than a manic Monday. Staff vacations meant his staffing supervisor was a temp. Unfortunately, English is not his first language and he confused temp staff with training staff. They needed temp staff to do the work for those on vacation. Instead a bunch of staff to be trained showed up with no one to train them. Yup grumpy did the job of at least 3 and didn't finish till 6 pm! I feel for him wh3n stuff like that happens and he doesn't have enough snacks to keep him going.

I wish I would hurry up and get better! Yes I am turning 60 but it feels like I have been stuck inside for a month! Blaze is quite bored with me just being sick too!

Be healthy everyone! Kathy don't over do it and let your body heal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2023, 09:43 AM   #1184  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
I hope you get better soon Lynn, and you too Kathy. We do have several people in our area with Covid. A lady in our Bible study is quite sick with it.
i feel a little gulty to report I have had a wonderful week. Went kayaking 3 times, once with my neighbours' 13 year old granddaughter. It was a really dull morning, with dark threatening clouds and we watched so many fish jump up. We also saw them swimming just below the surface. One loon was out.
i got a fair bit of gardening done, both at my place and at the neighbours. It just so wonderful being in among the lush blooms. So many phlox, purple coneflowers and brown eyed susans, as well as annuals are in full bloom. Fragrant too.
On Saturday I attended an outdoor ladies luncheon. Hosted by a Scottish lady and 2 Irish gals. It was reminiscent of a British high tea. Linen tablecloths, fine china, candles (which would not stay lit because of a breeze), delicious/fancy sandwiches (GF for two of us), scones with cream and strawberries, and to die for desserts. The food was not on the table very long before the table was swarmed by uninvited guests....... bees and wasps. Fortunately, our hostess had lots of room inside, and with the help of her husband the move was quite seamless and we continued to have a great time. Oh yes, we were instructed to wear hats, and some of us dressed up in garden party dresses.
Sunday was quiet. Today, I got to take my 10 year old grandson swimming in our local pool/waterslide.
In the morning, I will go kayaking again. The outside temp will be around 50°, but the water is still warm. I watched the moon come up over the lake this eve. Wednesday it will be a full moon. A blue moon (second of this month).
i haven't been doing much cardmaking lately.
Don't ever feel guilty about having a good week! We live vicariously through you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2023, 10:54 AM   #1185  
Stazon Splitcoast

My son got me a covid t3st and I am positive. My doc office is closed this week. My son spoke to our pharmacist and there is nothing for me. I am allergic to all antibiotics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2023, 05:51 PM   #1186  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, I was wondering if it was covid. Hope it passes quickly. even if your doctor's office was open, they probably wouldn't do anything. You don't go out much (like me) so I'm guessing grumpy brought it in. Poor grumpy. Is he feeling better?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2023, 07:36 PM   #1187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nope it wasn't my son. Probably the grocery store. Or most likely someone in the building.. we only have 9ne elevator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2023, 09:15 PM   #1188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn I hope you are feeling better, I doubt there’s much they give for Covid just pain meds and lots of fluids , sending hugs for a speedy recovery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2023, 06:08 PM   #1189  
Stazon Splitcoast

I couldn't wait any longer. I did a full protective gear and put in some laundry with a bit of bleach. My sheets are in there. I just sprayed my room with lysol so Blaze is not happy. I only have one clean pair of underwear left. I was alone in the elevator and I wiped everything I touched with a clorox wipe. There are elderly people in the building so I don't want to pass it to them. I hope to do more laundry tomorrow night as everyone will be going away for the long weekend.

Stay safe everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (08-31-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 07:30 AM   #1190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well summer is showing up this week! We will be hitting 40c!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2023, 11:33 AM   #1191  
Proud Fan Club Member

We are to get hot too, but not quite that hot! They say we could hit 90 for several days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2023, 04:09 PM   #1192  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I have missed quite a bit. Lynn, so sorry you have Covid. I have heard of more cases around here.
take care. Kathy, I hope your swelling issues calm down. I hope you start getting better soon.

Ina , what a wonderful week. Yes, what Kathy said, we live through you. LOL

another week of 100s, here.

we are celebrating 57 years here, today. Got married 9/3/66.
DH brought me dozen roses earlier in week and we went out to Olive Garden to celebrate. Today we went to church this morn and tonight. Quiet celebration. Oh, he gave me a large anniversary card, $8.00! It said beautiful things! I made him banana cream pie. 😀

I have to look and see if we have a challenge. How can it be September?
Reply With Quote Likes
JD from PAUSA (10-09-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 04:25 PM   #1193  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Challenge for September TSBT723

OK, since it is our anniversary let’s make an anniversary card. Easy Peasy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2023, 06:33 PM   #1194  
Proud Fan Club Member

I made this yesterday, but since it was in September, I'm using it for our challenge. ABC19M13 Monochromatic by muscrat at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2023, 12:54 PM   #1195  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats Sharon!
lovely card Kathy
Still feeling yuck.

So i started reading the book listed below which includes ahe mass shooting of women at a school in Quebec in 1989. I would have been in my late 20s at the time and it is brining back memories. Things have changed.. but by how much?!

https://www.amazon.ca/World-Curiosit.../dp/1250145295

École Polytechnique massacre

Last edited by FMcrafter; 09-04-2023 at 12:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #1196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan are you affected by the flooding in Spain?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2023, 08:30 PM   #1197  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations Sharon , a card and roses very romantic!

sorry you are still sick Lynn.

we have been lucky with the storms, they have been all around us but we just had high winds and torrential rain, the coast here had more rain but no damage, red sand though which took some clearing up,

that was from just half of the tiles around the pool, thankfully it didn’t rain at the same time .
Attached Thumbnails
Twisted Sisters Bus Tour #7 (Helmets required) New one-img_6348.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2023, 05:04 AM   #1198  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 492 Likes on 309 Posts

Congrats to all those I have missed saying it too while in my "other world of stuff"
Gearing up today for leaving early in the morning for State Fair will be glad to see the 17th roll around.
RANT coming---so I haven't ordered any items from anyone in over 6 months. Today I was awake at 4:30am CDT so I went to computer to place a small list order from the new SU mini catalog....It just went live at midnight----and the item second on my list(I make my list inorder of degee of want/need) was not available....so tired of not being able to order an item because it is out of stock 4 hours after going live....Did all the available stock become part of demo preorders? Did SU AGAIN drastically underestimate the appeal/of the item? This has been happening for several years now....getting tired of it. Will go on line and find another company with similar item and order from them....not waiting to see if SU will restock. OK RANT ends...

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2023, 06:43 AM   #1199  
Proud Fan Club Member

Pansy, one of the items I wanted won't be available until next week. Like you said, this has been going on for years now. I hope my demo got our order in early.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2023, 07:28 AM   #1200  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK. I spoke to the nurse, my doc will call me. I am better but still very weak. Grumpy is having one he** of two weeks while his supervisor is on vacation. The supervisor told them not to let the temp do the job. Last week he called in trainees when he should have called in Temps to help. This week is worse, grumpy worked 7am to 7pm! Yup 40c outside. Then there is me. I haven't gone outside except to do 2 loads of laundry. I am still isolated so grumpy has to get my meds and groceries. I hate putting this extra work on him. End of rant

It gets better! I got a parking ticket! Building management told us to move our cars out so the parking garage can be cleaned. So my son moved it last night. Cleaning happens today. Grumpy brought my meds and some food anfonoticed my parking ticket! Uugghh

Last edited by FMcrafter; 09-06-2023 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes