Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   AOCC12 - April (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/aocc12-april-545781/)

stampinandstuff 04-23-2012 03:27 PM

Another card added to my stash for this month.....and only one more to go!

Bordering on Sympathy

grammatroll 04-23-2012 04:55 PM

Nice card, Mel. Wish I had that paper.

ScrappinCEO 04-23-2012 05:34 PM

Hey girls. Here to catch up while I tweet The Voice.

ScrappinCEO 04-23-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 19363049)
I sent my last April birthday card off last week. Her birthday is today, so I hope she got the card on time, seeing as it had to cross the border. However, this is volunteer week and I have a couple of friends who are very active volunteers, so I am sending appreciation cards off today. They are both local, so will still get them this week. For my friend Nancy, I used one of the photo cards, that my SIL often gifts me with. Since I make my own cards, I have trouble using her cards, but this is one occasion I could. For my SIL I made the following card, which fits the challenge for this week, to feature the ocean!

Great card, Ina. Lovely coloring and such a thoughtful gesture.

ScrappinCEO 04-23-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinandstuff (Post 19364500)
Added one of cards to my stash, so 2 down for April :)

Beautiful card, Mel. Left love.

ScrappinCEO 04-23-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatroll (Post 19366373)
Here's a thank you card I needed. This is the closest I can come to ocean/beach. I love this stamp but hardly ever use it. And when I do use it I seem to always grab the blues. I guess blue and water go together and I just can't seem to break away from that.

Beautiful card, Debbie. Keep in mind, you can always use a digi image for a card. And if you've not played with digis yet, give 'em a try.

ScrappinCEO 04-23-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageBrush (Post 19374903)
The weather has been unusually hot last two weekends so I've been outside working in my yard and didn't get ANY cards done. My husband's birhtday is this week and I haven't made him a card yet! HORROR!!! I've also have several birthday's the first week in May that I need to get done. It's so hard to be in the house when the long winter is finally over!!!

I hear you.
I'm having to divide my time between writing deadlines, garden needing planted, flower beds needing cleaned and stamping to do.

ScrappinCEO 04-23-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinandstuff (Post 19375935)
Another card added to my stash for this month.....and only one more to go!

Left love on your blog. Pretty card.

ScrappinCEO 04-23-2012 05:57 PM

May is fast approaching

All caught up girls.

Remember... we are less than 2 weeks away from May 1st. Have you looked at your May list to see what needs to be mailed for that 1st week?

smadson 04-25-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 19358715)
Hey ladies!

With Earth Day coming up, did you also know this is Ocean Week?

Your Challenge for this week is to brighten someone's day, either for a birthday or Just Because and take them to the Ocean with your card!

KEYWORD: AOCC12H

Here is my card for this challenge.
I hope I am caught up on these!
:)
Sharon

SageBrush 04-25-2012 07:25 PM

These are my last cards for April. This one is for the "brighten someone's day" challenge: Live, Laugh, Love
This one I got done in 2 hours, which is a record short time for me. It's for my husband's birthday - tomorrow! Yeah, I wait until the last minute.
Birthday Journey

I'm on to May, I have several birthday cards to make!

stampinandstuff 04-26-2012 02:53 PM

Here's my final card for April.....although I think May might see me adding at least one more of these to my stash :)

Button Buddies Baby Boy

grammatroll 04-26-2012 08:02 PM

I think this is my last card for April. I needed a quick sympathy card for one of our school librarians whose mother passed away. I made it big enough to fit a long poem inside. It also gives our staff more room to write notes to Nancy. She is also one of the applicants for our new director.

With Sympathy by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ScrappinCEO 05-01-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageBrush (Post 19382824)
These are my last cards for April. This one is for the "brighten someone's day" challenge:
I'm on to May, I have several birthday cards to make!

Loved your card, Dianne.

And your challenge is one of the first I'm planning to incorporate on Saturday. It's been in the forefront of my mind most of the week.

ScrappinCEO 05-01-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinandstuff (Post 19384927)
Here's my final card for April.....although I think May might see me adding at least one more of these to my stash :)

Too cute, Mel! Had to fav. Left Love ;-)

ScrappinCEO 05-01-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatroll (Post 19385828)
I think this is my last card for April. I needed a quick sympathy card for one of our school librarians whose mother passed away. I made it big enough to fit a long poem inside. It also gives our staff more room to write notes to Nancy. She is also one of the applicants for our new director.

Beautiful card, Debbie. Sorry yet another sympathy was needed.

ScrappinCEO 05-01-2012 06:50 PM

Congratulations on hanging in for another month and keeping everything running in my absence.

The APRIL WINNER IS:::

Plain Jane!

I'll get your envelope in the mail on Thu. or Fri.

ScrappinCEO 05-01-2012 06:51 PM

I'll stay subscribed to this thread through May 5th so I can comment on any last minute cards.

On to May!