Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   AOCC12 - April (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/aocc12-april-545781/)

ScrappinCEO 01-09-2012 01:35 PM

AOCC12 - April

This is the place to post your APRIL All Occasion Cards.

ScrappinCEO 01-23-2012 07:10 AM

AOCC12 INSPIRATION CHALLENGE LINK

If you need inspiration for your cards, you can always refer back to the Inspiration Challenge Post (Post #10) on the main Thread.

Here's the LINK

smadson 03-11-2012 10:44 AM

Whohoo! I am the first!
Here is a birthday card for my Mom.Still have several more for April!
VSN inspired me to get this one done early!
:)
Sharon

JBgreendawn 03-15-2012 04:56 PM

I did my one April birthday ( hubs hunting buddy ) as one of my VSN samples...

MAR12VSNH - wind it back up by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

vikkijo 03-17-2012 09:12 AM

Clint's cousin turns 9 this year. What do you make for a 9 year old you don't know?

My oldest sister turns 60.. easy.... another Build a Blossom Card!

My great niece will be 11.

Ahhh I remember when I was 11. That was my golden b'day. My mom made a cake shaped like a horses head. My step dad, younger sister and I went to my mom's mom's house and step dads brother came over. That was the extent of my party. It was also the last b'day I celebrated.

I have 2 friends here on SCS.

So I have 5 B'day cards for April...
Nothing on the anniversary list.

Plain Jane 03-20-2012 07:30 PM

Here are some cards for my April commitment... I made 2 of each design for a total of 8 cards. These are going into a coffee-themed gift basket that will be raffled off for a school fundraiser. I thought they might make a nice change from cups, coffee, and gift cards.

Warm Coffee Thoughts
Priceless Latte
Birthday Tea CAS
Krafty Blue Coffee

Plain Jane 03-20-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijo (Post 19278923)
Clint's cousin turns 9 this year. What do you make for a 9 year old you don't know?

My oldest sister turns 60.. easy.... another Build a Blossom Card!

My great niece will be 11.

Ahhh I remember when I was 11. That was my golden b'day. My mom made a cake shaped like a horses head. My step dad, younger sister and I went to my mom's mom's house and step dads brother came over. That was the extent of my party. It was also the last b'day I celebrated.

I have 2 friends here on SCS.

So I have 5 B'day cards for April...
Nothing on the anniversary list.

Sheesh...what are the rest of us??? Chopped liver? :-P

May I also add....HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!!

smadson 03-23-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain Jane (Post 19287541)
Here are some cards for my April commitment... I made 2 of each design for a total of 8 cards. These are going into a coffee-themed gift basket that will be raffled off for a school fundraiser. I thought they might make a nice change from cups, coffee, and gift cards.

Warm Coffee Thoughts
Priceless Latte
Birthday Tea CAS
Krafty Blue Coffee

What a great basket of cards! I really liked them all, and even faved one!
Sharon

smadson 03-23-2012 05:08 PM

I have an anniversary card to get done and a birthday card for ealry April. I did my Mom's already and hers isn't until April 27th. I might trade it out and do her another one.
LOL
Sharon

Plain Jane 03-24-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19295108)
What a great basket of cards! I really liked them all, and even faved one!
Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! I hope the raffle winners like them, too!

Greywolf 03-26-2012 07:54 AM

I made more cards in March than I needed so I put them in my stash and will use some for my April cards.

I need 10 general encouragement cards for sick or homebound in my Sunday School class (I still need to make all of these). I need 7 feminine birthday cards and one masculine. I think I'll use today's TLC card for Jack's birthday.

TLC370 faux patina

susanbri 03-26-2012 02:15 PM

Here's an Easter card:

Family Circle Easter Eggs

Greywolf 03-26-2012 04:32 PM

Here's card no. 2 for April: Second faux patina

Greywolf 03-28-2012 07:34 PM

I made a one sheet wonder set with 15 cards, so you'd think I had enough cards for April. I do - except that the 10 cards for my ladies' S.S. class need to be made in a larger format, so I'll just continue making 2 a week through April. I also need to make my 8 Christmas CCC12 cards for April.

Here are the group photos of the OSW.
Part 1 - Cards 1 thru 5
Part 2 - Cards 6 thru 10
Part 3 - Cards 11 thru 15

As usual, my eye, my camera, and the computer don't agree on colors. The one sheet of dp is a lime or light olive green with blue, navy and white designs. The individual cards are also in my gallery, but without details. I'll try to get more info posted for each early next week.

susanbri 03-28-2012 10:19 PM

Val, what a lovely set of 15 cards! That's wonderful to have so many done for April already!

susanbri 03-30-2012 09:21 AM

On Easter weekend, I'm seeing a friend who's been having a tough time lately so wanted a card to put with a little gift I have for her. I combined two of this week's challenges in the card:

Butterflies and Apache Blessing

Sophiecat 03-31-2012 07:58 AM

I need THREE anniversary cards for April and one for my Mother's birthday tomorrow - Yes, April 1! Haven't done my Mom's card yet but I'm using this design for all 3 anniversary cards. I love working with Japanese print paper. They're so beautiful that even small pieces add a lot to a card.

AOCC - April 2012 by Sophiecat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

SageBrush 03-31-2012 07:42 PM

I'm posting the April 1st Challenge. "Fool For Tools"
This is no joke! Let me see you use your favorite craft tools! Describe what tools you used when you link your cards to this thread.

I've got a few examples:
Eggplant Spring! I used my Big Shot to cut & emboss the Nestabilities, a Texturz plate in "Eyelet" and I cut the Sizzix 3D Flowers. I used rubber stamps, a punch and my Cricut. I used my new Stamp-a-ma-jig for the first time to make the stamped background design.

In Watercolor Blessings I used distress inks, craft sheet, heat embossing gun and Nestabilities.

In both of these cards: Where Ever You Are and Valentine I used rubber stamps, Copics, colored pencils, my Cruicut and a border punch.

Show me what you can make with your favorite craft tools!!!

yellowrose46 04-01-2012 05:45 AM

VikkiJo, for a birthday card for a 9 year old you don't kn ow, I would suggest anything with animals, a mode of transportation, or sports.

grammatroll 04-01-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain Jane (Post 19287541)

Warm Coffee Thoughts
Priceless Latte
Birthday Tea CAS
Krafty Blue Coffee

Great set of cards for the themed basket.

susanbri 04-01-2012 01:30 PM

For SageBrush's April 1st "Fools for Tools" challenge, I got out my Cuttlebug, an embossing folder, and a set of Nesties labels and created this card:

Heartfelt Hello

grammatroll 04-01-2012 04:45 PM

Susan, you were quick on that challenge. I've been trying to work on Christmas cards all day. I can't believe all the distractions today and I don't have kids at home. But then, I am having a hard time staying focused.

SageBrush 04-02-2012 10:31 AM

Yea Susan! Great card! I wish I had bought that one when it was around.

Late Sunday, I realized I needed to get Easter cards made. I made four, simple ones and got in the mail today. Didn't have time to take a picture.

smadson 04-02-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageBrush (Post 19316752)
I'm posting the April 1st Challenge. "Fool For Tools"
This is no joke! Let me see you use your favorite craft tools! Describe what tools you used when you link your cards to this thread.

I've got a few examples:
Eggplant Spring! I used my Big Shot to cut & emboss the Nestabilities, a Texturz plate in "Eyelet" and I cut the Sizzix 3D Flowers. I used rubber stamps, a punch and my Cricut. I used my new Stamp-a-ma-jig for the first time to make the stamped background design.

In Watercolor Blessings I used distress inks, craft sheet, heat embossing gun and Nestabilities.

In both of these cards: Where Ever You Are and Valentine I used rubber stamps, Copics, colored pencils, my Cruicut and a border punch.

Show me what you can make with your favorite craft tools!!!

Great challenge! I will try to do this one. I have been so busy with VSBN, that I am behind on everything else! I am mostly using cards out of my stash for everything!
Also, will try to go thru gallery in coming week and look at all the cards you all have added!
Sharon

grammatroll 04-02-2012 02:14 PM

This card isn't one I need for April AOCC but it is one I need for Christmas card challenge. It kind of fits SageBrush's challenge to use a favorite tool. One of my favorite tools is my Cameo by Silhouette America. I guess my colored pencils would qualify for a tool.

Blue Christmas by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

vikkijo 04-03-2012 08:31 AM

Eww gross no way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain Jane (Post 19287620)
Sheesh...what are the rest of us??? Chopped liver? :-P

May I also add....HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!!

Liver NEVER!

MORE LIKE boneless SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS! lol

Just unknown B'days! LOL
I should have put they were DSS little sisters so I knew their b'day! :)

grammatroll 04-03-2012 08:44 AM

Nice save, Vikki Jo:)

vikkijo 04-03-2012 09:58 AM

My favorite tool is the Stamp a ma jig! Hands down, it's my fave!

vikkijo 04-03-2012 10:08 AM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 19317212)
VikkiJo, for a birthday card for a 9 year old you don't kn ow, I would suggest anything with animals, a mode of transportation, or sports.

I've thought about Bugs and Kisses but it seems too young LOL
I just do not have stamps for kids. Why not? You'd think with all the kids in our family I'd have tons of stamps for kids! LOL

vikkijo 04-03-2012 10:15 AM

LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatroll (Post 19322448)
Nice save, Vikki Jo:)

Sadly that answer made me crave a chicken breast for lunch only to find out I'd eaten them all! LOL

SageBrush 04-03-2012 11:48 AM

Great card, Debbie!

Vikki Jo - I just purchased a Stamp-a-ma-jig in my Sell-a-bration order. I love it! No more crooked sentiments!

auntangie 04-03-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageBrush (Post 19322861)
Great card, Debbie!

Vikki Jo - I just purchased a Stamp-a-ma-jig in my Sell-a-bration order. I love it! No more crooked sentiments!

I think I am the only person I know that has one and never uses it. I'll bet I've had it 10 years and it is still in the package in the bottom of a drawer. So, I need to know what everyone uses it for and why they love it. If I don't get it out and use it soon I am getting rid of it.

grammatroll 04-03-2012 01:34 PM

I haven't used my stamp-a-ma-jig in a long time. I used to always use it. I need to start using it again.

yellowrose46 04-04-2012 08:48 AM

I've only used my stamp-a-ma-jig a few times and not lately at all. I do tend to stamp my sentiments just a little 'off', so I should start using it!

grammatroll 04-04-2012 08:54 AM

Another tool I use a lot is my Perfect Layers. I get perfect looking mats everytime.

auntangie 04-04-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 19325723)
I've only used my stamp-a-ma-jig a few times and not lately at all. I do tend to stamp my sentiments just a little 'off', so I should start using it!

Hmmm. It would be nice to not have to guess where I am putting a sentiment when I use a wood mounted stamp. I think that was why I started buying clear ones.

yellowrose46 04-04-2012 09:41 AM

I have 6 birthdays this month....one was on the first and I used a card from my stash. I already made the card for my SIL last month....
An April Day by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Today, I made this card for my other SIL as a thank you for lunch two weeks ago..........Tulip thanks by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

susanbri 04-05-2012 12:52 PM

I only have one birthday this month, and I've already done an Easter card, so it seems a good month to making "thinking of you" cards to send to friends. I wanted to do today's Ways to Use It challenge (Crazy for Colouring) as I love colouring, so did these two cards to send to friends in other cities:

Clematis and Butterfly

Thoughtful Petunias

Plain Jane 04-05-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijo (Post 19322427)
Liver NEVER!

MORE LIKE boneless SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS! lol

Just unknown B'days! LOL
I should have put they were DSS little sisters so I knew their b'day! :)

ROFL! Now THAT conjures up quite the mental image... :shock:

Plain Jane 04-05-2012 05:56 PM

Hi all --- sorry to be so very absent lately. I have been traveling for work, but things are all calm again so I have time to come visit. Hopefully some time to stamp, too...after Easter is done! I hope to get over to the gallery this weekend and ooh and ahh at the cards!