Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   All Occasion Card Challenge 2012 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/all-occasion-card-challenge-2012-a-544069/)

ScrappinCEO 11-27-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 19841946)
Weeks with a holiday in them always get me discombobulated too!

I get that, Ina. Add traveling into the mix and it makes life interesting to say the least hehe

jan31 11-27-2012 09:05 AM

I think you are all completely mad wanting snow, some of us moved to Spain to get away from the stuff.

ScrappinCEO 11-27-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31 (Post 19851106)
I think you are all completely mad wanting snow, some of us moved to Spain to get away from the stuff.

LOL

Keep in mind. I was born/ raised in the foothills of Colorado. Then spent 30 years in Illinois - 2 hours south of Chicago.

Now I'm in southern Missouri. Today - the end of November, I've just hung 4 loads of laundry on the line. Talk about culture shock hehe

jan31 11-27-2012 09:40 AM

We are worried as our connecting flight to San Francisco goes into Detroit , hope they don't get snowed in!!

yellowrose46 11-27-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31 (Post 19851106)

It's obvious you are not a skier Jan! Don't get me wrong....summer is my favourite time of year and I love the heat, but I really like the change of seasons. I didn't ski at all last winter because we had very little snow and whenever I had a day off, the weather wasn't co-operating.
Kelly, there were three days last week that I hung the wash out on the line, but we have a skiff of snow on the ground this week and more on the way tomorrow!

grammatroll 11-27-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 19851054)
Too funny, Debbie!

I want snoooooowwwwww!!! (can you hear my whine?)

I'd be happy to send snow your way but ours is almost gone.

jan31 11-27-2012 09:24 PM

Skiing always looks like great fun but not something Ive ever wanted to do myself because of the snow, I've always hated the stuff so this is a good place for me to live, we've only seen a few snowflakes in eleven years.

grammatroll 11-28-2012 07:28 AM

I don't mind the snow; I hate the bitter cold. However, in the winter you can always add more clothes to stay warm, but in the extreme heat, you can only legally take off so many clothes.

jan31 11-28-2012 08:05 AM

Debbie You are so right, but then again we do have our own pool!! He,he,

grammatroll 11-28-2012 08:46 AM

A pool would be nice. However, I love the changes of the seasons and that includes snow. Of course, I do grumble when I have to shovel.

jan31 11-28-2012 08:55 AM

We do miss the seasons, but we don't miss the damp and fog of England, oh and the endless rain they have had all through summer and autumn this year, it's been so awful for everyone this year.

jan31 11-30-2012 04:49 AM

So are we still doing the card challenge for December? I cant see the thread anywhere so I�ll put my card here. This is for Joeys friend Blake who is 4 in December.

Blakes 4 by jan31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

yellowrose46 11-30-2012 04:31 PM

AOCC12X Winter Sports

I see no one has signed up for posting a challenge in December, so I will volunteer to post one for December 1.
As I write this, it is snowing outside and kids are getting excited to play in the snow....although I doubt there will be enough to play in. So our challenge will be to feature a winter sport.
AOCC12X

grammatroll 11-30-2012 06:48 PM

Thanks for posting the December 1 challenge, Ina.

Ksnurse 12-04-2012 07:16 AM

so glad to see all of you that continued through the yr....I have to agree with hating snow unless I can stay all warm inside and look at it....but not here in the city where it is nasty and dirty from all the traffic and poorly cleared roads.....I looooove spring and summer....and the last few days here have been in the 70's....kinda scary what the winter will be like....

Thanks to Kelly for getting this up and running last yr....I kinda flaked and barely kept up some months....but am doing better now...the CCC12 really kept me going....Since Kelly is a writing machine these days with her interviews and book, she asked me to keep this going for next yr. I've got it up and going so if you click on the link in my sig you'll see we are planning on lots of fun next yr too.....

Thanks Kelly for keeping us all organized throughout the yr...

jan31 12-04-2012 09:21 AM

Ina , I'm not sure if I can do this challenge, I don't have a digi stamp of someone toasting their toes in front of the fire!!

jan31 12-04-2012 11:08 AM

Ina I forgot to say that I love your new photo.

yellowrose46 12-04-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31 (Post 19866081)
Ina , I'm not sure if I can do this challenge, I don't have a digi stamp of someone toasting their toes in front of the fire!!

Ha, ha, ha! Well, seeing as you live in a warm climate, you could do a summer sport card.....but you are the only one we will make excuses for!! Thanks for the compliment.....my son-in-law took this photo a couple of weeks ago.

grammatroll 12-16-2012 02:32 PM

This is my last card for birthday card for 2012. Nothing like doing it at the last minute. DH's nephew's birthday is tomorrow, we're having his birthday dinner in an hour. I just finished making it. I had to take time this afternoon to go see my beautiful new great niece. Charly Renee was born yesterday to my nephew and his wife. She's named after my dad, Charles.

Erik's Birthday 2012 by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Now on to 2013 cards. Hope I do a much better job of keeping on top of them than I did for this year. Of course, the few months I was making sympathy cards right and left.

ScrappinCEO 12-25-2012 04:16 AM

HI Ladies!
Just stopping by to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas.
I hope to catch up and follow all that Sheri does with this thread.

Merry Christmas and Creative Blessings for a New Year!

yellowrose46 12-25-2012 05:17 AM

I wish you all a very blessed Christmas! I'm on my way o Toronto to celebrate with my daughter, her husband and my youngest grandson!

jan31 12-25-2012 06:11 AM

Happy Christmas everyone, just having a quiet cup of tea before Joey wakes up and sees all the presents Santa has left for him. Have a great day wherever you are.

grammatroll 12-25-2012 08:25 AM

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I got a new winter coat and just in time for this cold, cold weather. Snow on the ground, sun shining and -18�F.

ScrappinCEO 12-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatroll (Post 19902522)
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I got a new winter coat and just in time for this cold, cold weather. Snow on the ground, sun shining and -18�F.

We're to have snow tonight.. maybe 6". I'm not holding my breath. Though the wind has picked up and the temp dropped. Not that cold though! :-) You can keep it, Deb. I LOVE snow... I just don't like cold.

Greywolf 12-25-2012 10:44 AM

I am tickled pink and very much in the Christmas spirit! This morning we had a storm with hail so I was thinking that was our white Christmas. Then it rained for several hours. But just awhile ago it turned into SNOW!!! Joy, Joy, Joy!!!

The ground and roofs are covered in white. I doubt that it will accumulate much or stay long. It's only 34 degrees. (That's above zero for those of you in Montana!)

ScrappinCEO 12-25-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greywolf (Post 19902675)
I am tickled pink and very much in the Christmas spirit! This morning we had a storm with hail so I was thinking that was our white Christmas. Then it rained for several hours. But just awhile ago it turned into SNOW!!! Joy, Joy, Joy!!!

The ground and roofs are covered in white. I doubt that it will accumulate much or stay long. It's only 34 degrees. (That's above zero for those of you in Montana!)

Okay... now you all are just making me jealous! LOL
We started out with a forecast of 4"-6"+ then they said up to 10", now we're back to the 4-6" MAYBE

I'm home alone. Is it too much to ask for some white stuff? LOL

grammatroll 12-25-2012 11:41 AM

I'm sorry you don't have any snow, Kelly. I love a white Christmas. It warmed up to -6�, however, the windchill is -15�.

Greywolf 12-25-2012 12:03 PM

Sorry, Kelly. I'd love to send some snow your way, because it is still snowing here and we must have at least an inch on the ground. Temp has dropped to 32. It feels nice out even though the wind is blowing the snow sideways. I got my slippers wet through to my feet. Guess I should put on some real shoes the next time I go out to take photos.

On a day like this I miss my Mom - and even my brother (issues there) as we would always call each other and rejoice together when it was snowing. I need someone to share it with or I'll burst! LOL!

grammatroll 12-25-2012 05:26 PM

You can always share with me, Val.

Ksnurse 12-25-2012 09:19 PM

well Kelli....sorry if I jinxed you but I'm glad it didn't snow here in the midwest...had to work today and the normal crazy people that want somewhere to go on the holidays are bad enough but if it snows, it just escalates....so it can snow now cuz I'm home and don't have to get back out for couple days if I don't want to...

Ksnurse 12-25-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 19902237)
I hope to catch up and follow all that Sheri does with this thread.

Merry Christmas and Creative Blessings for a New Year!

HAHA...you are a hoot....I've been reading YOUR posts to get some inspiration...and I hope we have as much fun as y'all did this yr..

ScrappinCEO 12-26-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksnurse (Post 19903240)
well Kelli....sorry if I jinxed you but I'm glad it didn't snow here in the midwest...had to work today and the normal crazy people that want somewhere to go on the holidays are bad enough but if it snows, it just escalates....so it can snow now cuz I'm home and don't have to get back out for couple days if I don't want to...

We wound up with a couple inches. It's white but nothing to celebrate

I did want to go to the after Christmas sales today but I'll wait til tomorrow.
We are hosting the Polish Sinfonia next year. I want to pick up Christmas stockings for each of the ensemble members and the paper tableware for the dinner. Hopefully something will be left on Friday

ScrappinCEO 12-26-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksnurse (Post 19903243)
HAHA...you are a hoot....I've been reading YOUR posts to get some inspiration...and I hope we have as much fun as y'all did this yr..

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be fine. We're more after the motivation to get our cards out the door. LOL I'm hoping to get my studio dug out this weekend so I can make use of it. January cards are going to be late but hopefully from there it will get better.

yellowrose46 12-26-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greywolf (Post 19902675)

Val, that is something to be excited about in central Texas! Funny, my grandsons didn't mention any snow when I was on the phone with them last evening! Maybe the snow didn't make it as far south as Austin?

Greywolf 12-26-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatroll (Post 19903022)
You can always share with me, Val.

Thanks Debbie. That's one of the best things about SCS - being able to share with such good friends.

Greywolf 12-26-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 19903408)
Val, that is something to be excited about in central Texas! Funny, my grandsons didn't mention any snow when I was on the phone with them last evening! Maybe the snow didn't make it as far south as Austin?

No, it probably didn't make it to Austin. It's 27 degrees today so even though the sun is shining, the snow hasn't melted yet. We will probably still have some left tomorrow, especially in shady places like between the houses.

horseygal 12-26-2012 01:13 PM

Is this the same thread we will use for the AOC for 2013?

grammatroll 12-26-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseygal (Post 19904066)
Is this the same thread we will use for the AOC for 2013?

Here's the link for AOCC2013: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...a-t564872.html

Val, it looks like I don't have to share our cold weather. However, if you colder, I'd be happy to send some your way.

horseygal 12-27-2012 04:01 AM

Thank you!