Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #1  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow Changes at Splitcoast

Some important changes were announced today regarding the future of Splitcoast. For the entire announcement please see our home page story.

Look for a personal note below from me, and one from Jenn too, as well as an introduction from Wade at Internet Brands.

Needs a sig

Last edited by splitcoaststampers; 02-18-2010 at 09:14 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #2  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Splitcoaststampers is a far cry from what it was in 2003. I was grateful beyond belief when a few people came, and stayed! This "thing" gradually grew in prominence, not just the numbers but the connections, friendships and even the industry itself has been changed in some part by Splitcoast and the community that sprouted here.

It's been an honor for me to be part of this, and I'll be forever grateful for the contributions of everyone who made it possible. And wow, that doesn't even say anywhere near enough. Starting with Beate Johns, Jenn Balcer & Tom Kishel as our first real help - Beate writing tutorials, Jenn managing the gallery and Tom doing all the nerdy stuff. Then later Scott Bigelow, Debbie Fisher as the first official Design Team Coordinator followed shortly by Julie Ebersole (shortly, get it?), Sara and Adam Gomez doing advertising sales and development, and just a little later The Delivery Girl, Lori Craig. I love all these people, if you know them you love them too.

And unfortunately it would be impossible to mention everyone else by name. Our amazing, amazing (did I say amazing?) designers past and present, and all of the army of volunteers who give so much of their days and lives to the community - the moderators, group leaders, challenge and VSN/VSBN hostesses, charity drive organizers, and others. Thank you so much for being and building Splitcoast.

Please stay in touch! [email protected] or friend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/daven.nolta

Needs a sig

Last edited by splitcoaststampers; 02-18-2010 at 09:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, everyone!

I've never been good at goodbyes. It's hard to let go when you just want to hang on and be there in the moment for a little bit longer, but eventually you just have to pull away, turn around and walk towards whatever and wherever is next. And saying goodbye to a place that's been a huge part of my life, to a place that is home to so many people I simply adore? I'll be totally honest with you . . . this is one of the most difficult things I've ever had to write!

I'm grateful for the friendship, support and encouragement that I found on Splitcoaststampers and for everything that I've experienced because of my involvement here. A few years ago, if someone had told me that there were warm and wonderfully giving and caring communities on the internet and that people who are basically strangers would come together to do all kinds of great things, I probably would have said something like, "You've gotta be kidding me." In the past several years, though, I've realized how amazing Splitcoaststampers are and what truly good people there are in this world. It's been so fun to get to know and work with all of you, but it's time for me to move on.

In the next couple of weeks, I'll be working with the people at Internet Brands to help them get to know our community and how we do things a little better as well as get someone trained to take over my duties. I've met Michael, Wade (and so did some of you who attended the SuperShow - they were great sports and helped with our make and takes!) and BJ (who is more on the advertising end of things) and think you'll all like them just fine!

If you'd like to stay in touch, feel free to contact me through email or private messages from right here on Splitcoast! You can also friend me on Facebook. . . . I'm never far away if you need me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Wade Hewitt and I work for Internet Brands. I'm responsible for several of our sites in the Home and Money categories. I will be be working closely with the Splitcoast team going forward.

First, I would like to say Daven and team have done a fabulous job in developing the greatest stamping and paper crafting community on the web. We respect all the hard work that has gone into making such a great site. We too are sad to see Daven and Jenn leave but wish them well. I know they will succeed with whatever new project they take on. I really appreciate all they have done to help get us up to speed and better understand the community.

You may not be aware but we at Internet Brands have actually known Daven and Splitcoast for a while. Two years ago we were in talks with Daven before Name Media purchased the site. While the deal may have fallen through our interest in the site has remained. We’ve watched the community continue to grow and thrive over the years.

I'm sure everyone has lots of questions about what plans IB has for Splitcoast and I will do my best to answer them. I’ll answer the ones I can and say I don’t know when I don’t know. I want to assure you that we don't have big changes in store. Splitcoast and the community are running great now and we don't want to mess that up. The reason that we have been so interested in Splictcoast is that it’s a great community. We have lots of community sites and learned early on that the old saying “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” is pretty spot on. Right now we are just trying to learn the ropes. We will be relying on Jenn, Beate and Lori among others to tell us what is right for the community. I hope that with our resources and your expertise we can take the site to new places.

We are in the middle of migrating the site from a technical perspective. We have already migrated to a new ad server and the DNS records have been changed. In early March we will be migrating the servers to our hosting facility. Hopefully you won't notice anything but there might be a few hiccups. Actually, I know there have already been a few hiccups, like with some network ads showing where they shouldn’t, but we will address these issues as quickly as possible. Like I said, this should be all behind the scenes but if you notice something odd please let us know. Nothing should be changing so if something looks out of place it probably is.

I'm happy to be a part of the team.
Wade
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

What is there to say? My heart is sad. Much, much love and appreciation to Daven, Jenn, Beate, and Lori. I owe what you've done here so much of the cred for my current path. Know that my personal appreciation for you runs deep and wide. I can never say thanks enough.
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog

Last edited by jess_witty; 02-18-2010 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: because really, how am I supposed to sum this up?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Daven & Jenn, so sorry to see you go. Thank you for all you've done. We'll miss you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #7  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Oh wow...

MAJOR THANK YOUs to Daven, Jenn and EVERYONE at SCS!

We will miss Daven and Jenn SO MUCH!

Thank you for all of your blood, sweat and tears!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough right now, but from the bottom of my heart I do thank you!! Without this site I probably wouldn't still be stamping right now. I am going to miss you so much!!!! I am sad, but we will stay in touch.
(((((HUGS)))))

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Thank you for all that you've done and best of luck! SCS has been such a huge part of my life these past couple of years!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #10  

We will miss you Daven & Jenn- as I said YOU ARE SCS! Hugs to you both and our heartfelt thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #11  
Wish-RAK Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! I wish the two of you the best of luck. This is a fantastic site that you have nurtured. Thank you Daven and Jenn for all you have done to make this a wonderful family. You two will definately be missed.

Welcome Wade. You have some big shoes to fill and I'm sure Daven & Jenn will help you fill them.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #12  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

This place has meant so much to me the last few years. Regardless of what changes the new company does or doesn't make, this place absolutely will not be the same without the two of you.
Thank you so much for all these wonderful years of SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Daven and Jenn - you rock. What else is there to say? I hope we'll still see you around and enjoying things at SCS. I was very happy to get to meet you at CHA. Big hugs, enormous thank yous and best wishes!

Wade - welcome to our crazy, wonderful world - this is our family home! You are inheriting a wonderful, if sometimes disfunctional, family. Please feel free to reach out if you need help, have questions, etc. This is the best online community in so many ways.

Wow...what a big step for SCS. Jenn and Daven - luv ya!!
I Blog at The BunnyNest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #14  
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Big HUGS for all you've done for us!!!!! SCS definitely set me on a course I hadn't thought of and introduced me to some of the best friends I now have!!!! Not to mention introduced me to the opportunity to become a designer!!! You all have been (and still are) amazing, wonderful people and will be missed more than you can ever know!!!!

A special thank you to you all as well since you've made being a moderator here a very rewarding experience and were there at a drop of a hat if needed!!!! Thank you for all you've done for such an incredible amount of us!!! You'll never know just how many lives you've touched!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

TO: Daven and Jenn and all those that have made this site what it is today. We will miss you, and will want updates as to what is down the road for all. This site has been many things for alot of people, but to me, it is the friendships that have been made, beautiful cards, and ways to make them with tutorials, etc and whole gallery to oh and aw over. When changes happen, we either accept or move on. I am hoping with the "new management" that they don't change things too much and that we still can enjoy all the cards, comments, etc as before. Best wishes to you Daven and Jenn.
hugs and love
Caroline
Minnetonka, MN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Endings are so sad!!! I want to add my heartfelt thank yous to Jenn and Daven for creating such an awesome "place" that is enjoyed by so many... Your hard work, dedication, and love of our craft is reflected in every forum, every thread. I wish you both the best of everything. You will be sorely missed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,299 Likes on 2,486 Posts

Daven and Jenn and anyone else who is leaving SCS--THANKS SO MUCH for all you have done. I would not be so addicted to stamping had it not been for my introduction to this site. You have all done an outstanding job keeping this site current and a wonderful place to visit and stay for a way long time! I have met so many nice people here on my computer and a few in person too--a have so many friends who live inside of my laptop!! ;););) and I have SCS to thank for that!

Thank you for all of your time and efforts and I wish you all of the best in your future!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

My heart dropped to my feet when I saw this. I cannot imagine SCS without Daven and Jenn. However, I trusted your decision when you first sold the site so I will, once again, trust your judgement that you are placing our community in good hands. I don't know if you can ever realize the magnitude of the impact this site has had on people's lives but, from a personal standpoint, my life has been enriched beyond anybody's imagination. Just please accept my thanks for your hardwork, your vision and your dedication.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Wow.....WOW......I didn't see this coming. Like others, I can't find the words to express the depths of my gratitude to Daven, Jenn, Beate, and Lori. I have been a member since 2004 and continue to check in to be inspired, learn new techniques, but mostly to chat with old friends. This site has truly helped to shape my papercraft experience. I will ALWAYS be grateful to you all and to SCS. I wish Daven and Jenn the VERY best as you travel down another path in life's journey. It would be awesome if you keep checking in as I would love to know what you are up to. Love you to pieces!!!

Wade, welcome on board. I'm happy to hear that Internet Brands recognizes the incredible artibutes that have come to be part of SCS. I also realize that change is inevitable but I hope you and IB will take time to become an active member of the community before instituting new initiatives. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Will Stampin Up demo's still have a private forum?

2. Will there still be a Dirty Dozen gallery?

3. You've mentioned IB has been 'watching' SCS for a couple of years.....what has IB determined to be SCS greatest strengths......where have you found room for improvement?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I'll post more as they come to me. I plan on subscribing to this thread so I can stay updated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow! :( Those are some seriously big shoes to fill!! I'm sad to see you go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #21  

A few years ago, if someone had told me that there were warm and wonderfully giving and caring communities on the internet and that people who are basically strangers would come together to do all kinds of great things, I probably would have said something like, "You've gotta be kidding me."

Jen, I totally agree..............i might not have even said it so nicely. I have been so blessed to have formed some AMAZING friendships through SCS and have grown to love many of the peeps on this site including you and Daven, who were such an integral part of making this the community that it has become............I have a little tear today...but I know that our paths will cross again!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #22  
Glitter Guru

Thank you so much, Daven and Jenn! You will be so very missed. Thanks also to everyone here at SCS for all you do and have done.

Welcome and good luck to you, Wade.

My Blog - Crafting The Web | Illustrator and Designer for - Gina K Designs

2012 Design Team Member - Spellbinders
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going to miss seeing you on here Jenn & Daven - but our friendship will endure! I adore you both and wish you all the best! You *are* family! {wink} And family will never be far from reach!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #24  
Montague Mingler

Jenn and Daven, you will both be missed! You have been such a part of our lives here at SCS that I almost can't imagine this place without you!

Wade, welcome to our little community! As you've already seen, you're joining a family here! Well, you've actually bought our little family but I think you know what I mean! :-) Thank you for assurances that you recognize what a great thing we have here and your promises to 'not fix it'! I hope that this change will be beneficial for SCS AND for Internet Brands!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

We'll so miss you guys! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors!!

My Blog -Paperie Petals
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #26  
Quiet and Shy

Change is so difficult and I'm sorry to see Daven and Jenn leave. I wish you all the best and know you guys will continue to rock the world! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Daven and Jenn, your dedication to continually improve this site has been amazing. I can't imagine the countless hours you and the SCS team put into giving the members the best site possible.

"Thank you" is such an inadequate phrase for what you've done for this community ~ and it's impossible to think about a SCS that you aren't involved in.

But there it is anyway ~ thank you for all you've done.

Best wishes for both of you and good luck in whatever comes next for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Good Grief....changes abound.....Daven, jen ---know you will be missed greatly. Wade---you will have some really big shoes to fill and keep everyone happy(ok almost everyone happy).....Daven, Jen,,,,hope you check in once in awhile....you will be missed.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jenn and Daven- Best of luck in everything that you do! My heart broke a little when I heard the news, but I hope that this will open up new and wonderful opportunities for you. Thank you for everything that you have done for SCS. You will truly be missed! {Hugs}

Anita Be Stampin (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #30  
Just Me

*sniff*

You have done a wonderful job with SCS, Daven and Jenn. {{{HUGS}}}
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagccvaView Post
*sniff*

You have done a wonderful job with SCS, Daven and Jenn. {{{HUGS}}}
I think I need one of those pink frosted cupcakes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #32  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Jenn and Daven, I'm SO sad about this...and we are staying in touch, no matter what...I've never had better "bosses"...that never "bossed" me around at all! THANK YOU BOTH for your friendship, it means so much and this is just a new chapter for all of us!

Wade....whoever my new "official" boss is...has the BIGGEST & best shoes in the world to fill, lol...so good luck with that ;)...

but in the end of course, I trust this decision and I'm looking forward to what will come for SCS.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #33  
Sassy Sarcastic Stamper

Daven & Jenn....

Thank you both for all you have done for this community. You are the heart and soul of SCS and will be truely missed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #34  
Inking Addict

WOW!!! You guys have made SCS the BEST site in the WORLD!!!! You will be missed terribly!!!! As Donkey from Shrek would say....."I think I need a hug!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't say more than I already have. Just know that you are in my thoughts today. MUCH LOVE, HUGS & KISSES!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn and Daven ~
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! For making SCS what it has been and, hopefully will continue to be!
Good luck to you both in whatever the future holds for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW. What a big change coming this way!

Daven and Jenn -- you will be greatly missed in the capcities that you currently hold. I have always found you to be fair, and understanding - and of course helpful and caring above all. Your absence will definitely leave a void that can not be filled.

Jenn -- "If someone ever told me..." I can't agree more. Some of my family members still think I'm a few eggs short of a dozen when I speak of my 'PSFs from SCS' - lol. I have been so blessed to have met such an AMAZING group of people here on SCS, and know that it is the environment that was provided that allowed that to happen.

I've seen happy, sad, tragic, and DEVASTATING events - and as a group this community bands together and tackles it head on. Giving a high-five to someone who just made their first design team, or giving hugs to someone who just lost their job, or worse, a child. Rally around someone to give support being a caretaker of someone who is sick, or just shootin' the breeze and finding the greatest deals on K-cups for your coffee maker - lol.

Wade - welcome to one of the 'greatest places on earth' as I know that YOU know this is so much MORE than a stamping website. I wish you success! Hoping this means a long and prosperous run for SCS --so many of us would be lost without it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, when I read this my heart sank. Davin and Jenn, many great wishes go to you both. I hope the site stays as above board and entertaining as is always has been. I can't tell you how much this site means to me. I have learned how to stamp and express my limited creativity. All my pressures from the workplace, home and general life are put away when I stamp. I'm sure a lot of people are like that. So a huge THANK YOU to you for starting and maintaining this awesome site. My thoughts and best wishes go to you in whatever you do.

Wade, welcome. You definitely have some huge shoes to fill and a lot of women to keep happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #39  
Kookie Creator

Daven and Jenn, I can't imagine this place without you! Thanks so much for all you have built here. SCS has become my chief source of inspiration; the community you've created is what papercrafting is all about! I can't wait to see how the future unfolds for you. Best of luck - you will be greatly missed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #40  
Minglerville Blabber

Received 501 Likes on 304 Posts

Holy cow! SCS without Daven and Jenn?!?!?!?!? I really actually have no words.
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Reply With Quote Likes