Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unreliable sellers

Can someone, a moderator perhaps, tell me why we can't have an unreliable sellers list? There are some absolutely wonderful members on Splitcoast and I have a lot of respect for those who sell, trade, PIF, RAK, share their ideas, chat, etc.

I would think having an unreliable sellers list would only protect these wonderful members (On Ebay, you have feedbacks that you can read so that you can make an informed decision on whether to bid on the seller's items or not). I was recently "taken" by someone who I traded with and in over 2 months, I have yet to receive my item. She won't respond to my PMs or emails. How rude, I know!!! I have received little assistance from the moderators I contacted.

If a person is unreliable in one sale/trade, most likely they will scam another. I know I would appreciate the heads-up on who NOT to deal with.

Last edited by bjlee717; 08-23-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Brenda

First, I am so sorry you've had a bad transaction. I've forwarded your message to our BST mods so they can work with you.

There are two reasons we don't do what you're asking.

First, with a quarter of a million members, transactions can go bad because of illness, deaths or other extreme life circumstances and we certainly don't want to brand anyone as a bad seller if they have experienced misfortune.

For those transactions where a sale or trade goes bad because of an unreliable seller, our moderators take action, up to and including suspension from the site, and for those people, no list is necessary, because they are no longer part of the community.

For this reason, it is very important that these issues get reported to the mods right away.

Again, I'm sorry it didn't go well. Hopefully we can help you get resolution.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 08-24-2010 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: typo :)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much Lydia. I appreciate the explanation.

I think most of us are quite understanding when it comes to family emergencies, illnesses, etc. I have zero complaints about situations like that....because most of the time, they will communicate with you and let you know what is going on.

It's those who you contact time after time with absolutely no communication back and you KNOW they are scamming you. The person I'm dealing with has logged onto SCS several times (not every day), to know that she has received PMs.

So, while I understand that there are situations where a person could be "branded" as a bad seller, I think most of us would make good judgement on when to list them as being unreliable. Plus, the seller would have the opportunity to respond to a post.

In my current situation, I have contacted SU directly to let them know about this demonstrator, as well.

Again, thanks for the response and understanding. I appreciate it. I look forward to hearing from a moderator.
Reply With Quote Likes