Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Having a problem moving items from SCS InBox (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/having-problem-moving-items-scs-inbox-559551/)

LMstamps 08-18-2012 06:25 PM

Having a problem moving items from SCS InBox

My Mail Box is full. I have tried several times over the last few days to download messages and the download keeps failing. I have tried to download both as Txt and XML. I have never had a problem doing this before. I tried it both on my Mac and my PC and it is not working on either so I know it is not a problem on my end. Can you please help me? Thanks, LM

UnderstandBlue 08-18-2012 06:30 PM

I know - and I'm so sorry - it actually hasn't worked for a while and we have a ticket in for it, but I don't have an estimate of when it will be fixed. I will ask where it is in the batting order. So sorry for the inconvenience!

LMstamps 08-31-2012 07:32 AM

Lydia...Have you found out when this problem will be fixed yet? :-) LM

UnderstandBlue 08-31-2012 07:33 AM

well I know it's not in our upcoming bug fix release - the next one is in two or three weeks. I will see if it's in the one after that. Sabrina - Cook22 - gets it to work for her, but it doesn't work for me - I don't know if I'm choosing too many or what.

I might just do delete all :)

Cook22 08-31-2012 09:59 AM

I did it again yesterday just to double check, and it still seems to work for me in FireFox. I had over 700 because evidently it's been too long since the last time I did it and deleted all but the more recent ones :D.

LMstamps 08-31-2012 12:33 PM

I use Firefox on my Mac and it would not work for me. It also would not work in Explorer on my PC. This is really a nuicance...why is the fix so far down the queue?

Sabrina....how did you have 700 when the limit is 450?

UnderstandBlue 08-31-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstamps (Post 19655657)
This is really a nuicance...why is the fix so far down the queue?

There are a lot of things that go into how we prioritize our fixes - I'm sorry it's frustrating, but we have essential site functions that aren't working properly and we have to focus on those before we work on ones that are conveniences to our members. I wish we could do them all all the time, but we have to use our limited resources wisely. Thank you for being so patient.

Cook22 09-01-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstamps (Post 19655657)
I use Firefox on my Mac and it would not work for me. It also would not work in Explorer on my PC. This is really a nuicance...why is the fix so far down the queue?

Sabrina....how did you have 700 when the limit is 450?

Moderators get an extra allowance for PMs, which is why I had more than 450...
It worked for me last night in Chrome, although it was very slow to download in comparison to FireFox. And I'm not sure if it worked in XML format - either it didn't or I broke it by trying to open it too soon, but it did work in txt format when I was more patient and just came back later to check it.
It's a facility I'm grateful for - the other forum I spend much time on doesn't have any option of downloading PMs, just of putting them into a Saved subset of the Inbox.
I'm still using Windows XP, so maybe it's a problem with more recent versions or something like that?

muscrat 09-01-2012 04:25 PM

I am still using XP (love it!) and I just tried to save 7 pm's in XML and it seemed to work fine....just thought I would tell you since Cook mentioned she uses XP too. HTH

LMstamps 09-02-2012 06:56 AM

I have XP on my PC and it didn't work there either. I hope I'm not being perceived as a complainer, I just didn't know what it took to fix it. I just love the PM Feature. Is there any chance we could have more than 450 messages in our InBoxes until this problem is fixed? :-) LM

muscrat 09-02-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstamps (Post 19658714)
I have XP on my PC and it didn't work there either. I hope I'm not being perceived as a complainer, I just didn't know what it took to fix it. I just love the PM Feature. Is there any chance we could have more than 450 messages in our InBoxes until this problem is fixed? :-) LM

I have XP and use Internet Explorer 8. (Still trying to help...) Would it be that maybe you are trying to save too many at a time. I had only clicked on 7 and had no issue. I know you wouldn't want to do one at a time, but maybe try 10 or 20? Just another thought.

Cook22 09-02-2012 10:46 PM

Could you copy and paste some into a Word document? I know it's tedious. but it's what I have to do on the other site I mentioned above, because there once my Save Box is full, it's either delete or copy and paste.
I'll admit I tend more to delete - after all, every time I try to send a text message to my dad and his cell-phone inbox is full, (WAY too often) I tell him that those sort of messages are ephemeral and don't need to be kept for posterity. So I only keep anything particularly important and let the rest go. Goes against my hoarding nature but it's good for me.

LMstamps 09-03-2012 06:33 AM

Sabrina...Thanks for the idea. Yes, I guess my Craft Hoarding has influenced my PM Message Control. LOL! :-) LM